What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happens when you comment without any knowledge... Egypt is in negotiations with Pakistan to co produce JFT for EAF. Azerbaijan, Sudan, Qatar, Serbia etc are interested in JF-17.. Update yourself dear friend, do pay a visit to JF-17 subsection sometimes. And yeah, JFT with current capabilities is not a 4++ generation aircraft..

Any idea which variant BAF would be importing? I believe its J-7G, with more advance avionics.. Don't expect any change in design.

Egypt had recently signed contract with Ukraine to upgrade all their Mig-21 and F-7 with better avionics and weapons systems to keep them in service till 2018. Egypt is also the 4th largest F-16 operator in the world with at the present 220 aircraft. They had also signed contract with USA in 2010 to deliver them with 20 F-16 Block 50/52. They also operate 20 Mirage 2000. And you want us to believe Egypt is negotiating to get JF-17!!!! Please, put some logic in it..

And yeah, almost all countries evaluated Mig-29 and F-16 but see how many of them operates these fighters.

Egypt had recently signed contract with Ukraine to upgrade all their Mig-21 and F-7 with better avionics and weapons systems to keep them in service till 2018. Egypt is also the 4th largest F-16 operator in the world with at the present 220 aircraft. They had also signed contract with USA in 2010 to deliver them with 20 F-16 Block 50/52. They also operate 20 Mirage 2000. And you want us to believe Egypt is negotiating to get JF-17!!!! Please, put some logic in it..

And yeah, almost all countries evaluated Mig-29 and F-16 but see how many of them operates these fighters.

None of egyptian fighters are BVR capable... sitting ducks for israelis...

News:

JF-17Blk II !!!!! LOL. According to some of you, your JF-17 has not been yet completed and you are talking about Block II. Dream ON.

By the way, Your current Block I cant fire any BVR missile.

So, in an interception mission JF-17 will detect a F-7BG at a range of 75KM but as it has no BVR Missile capability, it can't engage. F-7BG shall detect ur JF-17 at a range of 65KM. BD don't have any confirmed BVR missile purchase order (Except for Mig-29's) for F-7BG (Although F-7BG fire control radar is BVR capable), so both F-7BG and JF-17 shall rely on PL-9C (Max Range 25KM). Its a 50:50 scenario to me. So, why should anyone buy JF-17 @ $20mln+ when they can get equally capable (Short-Mid range) F-7BG or equivalent or better @ only $7-10mln!!!! And this is why Even China is not interested in the JF-17 program.

Typical brain farting!! I thought there was a limit of ignorance, I was wrong.. F-7 PG has a search range of 65 kms and track range of 45 kms and that is for a 3 or 5 m2 RCS and guess what JFT's RCS is 1m2.... Hahahahah... Great going major...

Yeah yeah, how many countries have evaluated Rafale and how many of them have inducted it so far? Apply some logic Major..

Do a good research before posting kiddo... Egypt signed contract with Ukraine in 2008 and not recently.. What amazes me is your ignorance, It was Jane defence weekly which disclosed EAF's contract with USA for block-52 along with negotiations with Pakistan for JF-17 in the same news/article. You are deliberately quoting only block-52 part.. Trolling further gets worsen when you ask "How can I render others to believe that Egypt is in negotiations with Pakistan for JF-17"

Heights of ignorance and trolling...

Thank God Majors like you are not serving PA...

Wow, amazing English. Even your signature is EPIC. And while the mods are on it, they should take care of you too for your racist remarks in the previous pages.

First u provoke other person with all ur(not pointing towards u but some people ) BS and ignorance .

Eve though a thing is proved to them they keep saying it again and again , like they dont want to listen or learn .

So i think its Ok to kick there ***** .

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

so now bangalis will teach us ? go first clean the streets in GULF before teach me ENGLISH . I AM PAKISTANI AND MY LANGUAGE IS URDU .
Imran bahi haath ho la rakhien zara.........hahaha :D

Little knowledge can embarass you sometimes... 2 sqds of JF-17s blk-I are already in service... Black Spiders and Black Panthers... third is on its way... while BLK-II will join in 2012.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...o-WHDg&usg=AFQjCNEb3Gzy-fMq8mcuQD8yh4KFUYBrlw

The programe is evolving!

The range of KLJ-7 is 150Km plus we have AWACS....As for SD-10A:

Go take a break man!

27_10174_d1a37d6d3e2d792.jpg

27_10174_af15ab943a25c06.jpg

27_10174_4ab4df760a948da.jpg

27_96521_1ddd4c519740906.jpg

Picture frm UK airshow...

JF-17 has an ongoing test and retest with SD-10 missile for about 2-3 years now. They have been trying to solve some problem with the radar of the aircraft for quite a long time which has been making it difficult for JF-17 firing SD-10. They have not been able to fix the problem yet. About the pic, please go back to some page where I have shared some pic of JF-17 carrying SD-10.

Im not saying JF-17 is not in service but all Im saying is it is not yet fully mission capable.

JF-17 has an ongoing test and retest with SD-10 missile for about 2-3 years now. They have been trying to solve some problem with the radar of the aircraft for quite a long time which has been making it difficult for JF-17 firing SD-10. They have not been able to fix the problem yet. About the pic, please go back to some page where I have shared some pic of JF-17 carrying SD-10.

Im not saying JF-17 is not in service but all Im saying is it is not yet fully mission capable.

Lol.. do you work for PAC or CATIC?

Calm down guys.. Lets wait and c what happens next. F-7 in not the end of the world..and for few mad people we should boot attack each other crazily.now a days we see many insane pplz in PDF .

^^^? :no:

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Copy pasting and quoting from Wikipedia is something only trolls like Major do.

Lol.. This is the quote of the day bro

Guys, guys...

Calm down.... :lol:

The key question being raised here by some Pakistanis here is why didn't the BAF induct JF-17 by paying a bit more than buying F-7s?

The F-7BGI is intended to replace the aging and increasingly dangerous to fly A-5s. As the article posted by the OP states, this would have the ability to carry and drop GPS guided bombs. This is something that neither the F-7MG or F-7BG had. It is for a very specific role. And they needed them fast and cheap. I am sure they got very favorable terms from the Chinese in that deal.

Is the F-7BG BVR capable? Technically yes. The Grifo MG radar fitted on the F-7BGs has 65 km search and 45 track capabilities.
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

For anything to be considered BVR capable, it must exceed a range of 37km as a general rule of thumb.

But we have to note that the SD-10 has a range of 70+ km. The missile's performance is comparable the USAF’s AIM-120A AMRAAM and Russian R-77 (which the BAF already implements in its arsenal along with R-27s on the MiG-29s).

Given that the missile's range exceeds that of the radar, it'd be rather inefficient and not cost-effective to implement them on F-7s given that the radar on the nose is too small to house a radar capable of implementing the SD-10. It'd be sheer overkill.

It'd be better for the BAF to procure R-27s and RVVs for the MiGs instead of SD-10s (each cost ~$90,000).

It has been stated here before that the F-7BGs are BVR 'capable', which is technically true, but at the same time misleading if we take into account the key BVR missile available from China.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...ladesh-air-forces-f-7bg-poor-mans-f-16-a.html

Why didn't the BAF go for JF-17s? Well, the F-7BGIs were ordered for a very specific role and urgently needed to be done so quickly and cheaply.

The JF-17's systems integration isn't 100% complete yet. It's still a very new design, and it'll take time to fully mature. Not even the F-22 Raptor is fully matured, which is having some cumbersome problems. Yes, even the king of the skies has problems :lol:

Buying the F-7s would add more value into the BAF's current operational requirements compared to ordering JF-17s now. It'd potentially add more unnecessary complexities in case JF-17s were brought.

BAF operates on a relatively tight budget. It is planning to procure more modern planes in the future, and this is needed to be done so carefully since it has long term implications for the nation.

So, did the BAF make the right decision to add the 'stop gap' with F-7BGIs? The answer is yes.

No reason to rush :D

P.S: Some of you guys really need to grow up.

WE have to understand things about F-7BGI. This group of 16 planes will be order-made. BAF wants to use these BGI-grade planes alongwith 4.5++ planes it will buy in 2020. Normally, F-7s are fitted with WP-13 turbojet engines. It is possible that BAF will require these to be fitted with more powerful WP-14 engines. Of all the planes of this group, only F-7G is fitted with this strong engine.

This engine has a maximum afterburning thrust of 75kN, whereas the former engine has about 65kN. This engine will be strong enough to carry extra loads due to BVR, additional missiles and other necessary equipments. A normal engine J-7's climb rate is 155m/second (same as JF-17). A stronger engine will make the plane able to be fitted with two more hard points at the far tips of the plane's wings. But, it will not compromise the climbing rate if the plane is fitted with WP-14 turbojet engine.

Gripen does not cost $35 million. It's much more than that. Sure, it'd make a awesome aircraft for BAF, but a bit heavy on the wallet. BAF generally operates on a tight budget.

The air force just wanted a cheap replacement for the aging A-5s. The F-7BGI was the answer, and intended to be a 'stop gap' in the short term. The BGI having the capability to carry GPS guided bombs is pretty new to me as far as any F-7 variant goes.

Personally, I think they should look into and consider the JF-17 rather than just throwing it in the bin. It doesn't hurt to gain knowledge.

Me thinks Gripen is too expensive for Bangladesh.

yes true in end the deal will go up to be approx 50-60 with other costs but still its the cheapest aircarft available other than jf-17.

lastly its highly unlikely for brand new aircraft to be inducted very soon. same goes for jf-17. Countries mere negotiating or showing interest testifies success of jf-17. a deal to be broken takes years atleast 4-5 years jf-17 hasnt even completed its 3rd yr of operation yet.

secondly many experts of avaiation industry have accepted the capabilities of jf-17 so there should be any doubt there.
lastly it doesnt come at a price of third gen aircraft.it will atleast three times expensive than the f-7 bangaldesh is buying.

most of us are thinking that bangladesh should have gone for lower quantity and better quality.
f-7 has serious draw backs to be operated in this century. lack of fly by wire, no bvr capablites is not a good thing in this century. it also lack a true multirole capability.

lastly i dont agree that f-7 are true BVR capable thats because the limitation of the Grifo radar used on them which has less detection range and search capability as well as azimuth capability of 30 degrees results in their inability to fully utilize a decent bvr missile.

As I have said in my earlier post, BGI will be order made. BAF knows very well that it has to wait another 9 years to get two sqs. of 4.5++ planes. So, it must have already talked with the Chinese to improve the functions of BGIs. At present, all variants of F-7 have 5 hard points. But, BGI's two wing ends can be fitted with two more hardpoints, so that it can carry also SD-10 BVR missiles.

If this increases the total imposed loads of the plane, then it can be fitted with a much stronger WP-14 turbojet or some other engine instead of the present WP-13. In this way, the climbing rate, that stands at 150m/sec, will not be compromised.

I have read materials that say unlike other F-7 variants BGI will be BVR capable. There will be many other additional amenities in this plane. So, I presume that BGI nose will be modified to fit in the BVR. There will certainly be other modifications as per requirements of BAF. We all will know the changes and modifications when the planes arrive in BD one by one next year.

JF-17 seems to be a better plane, but BAF will spend the same money to buy three BGIs instead of only one JFT. BAF inventory does not have good number of planes. It needs a good number to keep its pilots busy with flying training. Moreover, it seems much of the functions that can be carried by JFTs can also be carried by BGIs. Do not get swayed by the name F-7, because BGI will be different, by look and also in functionality.

For another matter, instead of inducting FC-1 planes, China is opting for F-7 variants that will work side by side with its J-10 and J-20 planes. China will not dispose off its F-7s in order to induct FC-1. Rather, China has already decided to operate F-7 alongside other 4.5++ planes. So, how can anyone just dismiss the F-7BGIs as very inferior planes?

most of us are thinking that bangladesh should have gone for lower quantity and better quality.
f-7 has serious draw backs to be operated in this century. lack of fly by wire, no bvr capablites is not a good thing in this century. it also lack a true multirole capability.

lastly i dont agree that f-7 are true BVR capable thats because the limitation of the Grifo radar used on them which has less detection range and search capability as well as azimuth capability of 30 degrees results in their inability to fully utilize a decent bvr missile.

The F-7BGI are there for the short run. Of-course in the long-run, it'll go for more advanced aircraft throughout the decade and after.

The two primary candidates are the MiG-29SMT and the F-16 (block unknown). Two others like the Gripen and SU-30 may join the tender.

It's funny that the Americans are now offering us the F-16 :lol:

It's prudent that Bangladesh upgrade its current fleet of MiG-29SEs to SMT standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom