What's new

Bangladesh Pushes back refugees from Myanmar

Forgive my Burmese ignorance but isn't that jamat whatever party linked to terrorist attacks in Pakistan? I was under the impression they were similar to the Northern Irish party Sinn Fein. A quick wiki search reveals they are far-right. That's usually a code for extremism.

No.

They mostly concern themselves over their own protection. It is a controversial party due to their alleged roles in the 1971 war. But then, there's nothing particularly shining about them.

Both Sinn Fein and Jamaat are legal -.-

Forgive my Burmese ignorance but isn't that jamat whatever party linked to terrorist attacks in Pakistan? I was under the impression they were similar to the Northern Irish party Sinn Fein. A quick wiki search reveals they are far-right. That's usually a code for extremism.

There are many political parties named jamat(pakistan, bangladesh,india). What will bangladesh gain from bombing pakistan??

Yup wiki, sounds legit

Jamat e islami can be said to have extremist ideology if we can brand RSS of extremism. Jamat isn't particularly known to have tolerant views to non Islamic faith. One just need to read what maududi has preached.

Note : jamat e ulema e HIND has gone through radical changes since independence so they are exempt of the above comment.

You are a HINDU Bangladeshi, so your ANTIPATHY towards rohingyas Muslims is understandable.

Well religion has no place in this discussion.

These guys were pushed out twice before in the number of half a million. Only a few were taken back. Thsse are not people runnin away from a conflict, this is state sanctioned ethnic cleansing. Hillary needs to address the Burmese about it.

This rule was made by the military generals, but i think with passing time the burmese society will be more accepting to rohingyas. Just like biharis in bangladesh

Hopefully with increasing exposure to outside civilized world Burmese would be more accepting towards their ethnic minorities and more civilized- at least to the point of not making shamelessly proud statements.

Hopefully with increasing exposure to outside civilized world Burmese would be more accepting towards their ethnic minorities and more civilized- at least to the point of not making shamelessly proud statements.

I don't know. Something tells me that process will take a long time.

Sorry to tell you there is no more stranded Bihari in Bangladesh. They are given Bangladeshi citizenship.... Neither Indians nor pakistanis have to be worried about them.

Only younger generation supported that move otherwise older generation of Biharis are still against assimilation. Last month I watched a news that assimilation hasn't gone well.

But Bihari should accept Bangladesh as their home because 93% of Pakistanis are against them, if even 100 of them allowed to migrate it will cause more ethnic violence in Pakistan.

Such a good insightful discussion / debate going on here... now waiting for Munshi babu and kallu miah to come with some random *** theory and blame the entire thing on RAW/ Awami indian sooges etc... :blah:

I would have had no objection if they wanted to come to india ..but their obedience lies with bangladesh .it is bangladesh responsibility to give them shelter or make them comfortable in their place

What a shame ... India took 10 million BD refugees when they were in distress and they cant accommodate 113 people

Are'nt these people originally from Bangladesh who were taken to Burma from Bengal by the British ?

You are wrong. You are repeating the biased stance of the GoM. Muslims have been inhabiting Arakan since 1430s when the Sultan of Bengal sent troops to help out an Arakan Budhist King who was overthrown earlier by his own nephew. These muslims settled in Arakan, and today's Rohingyas are the descendents of those Muslims mixed with some other groups of muslims in the course of many centuries. Rohingyas are not recent immigrants. Most of the Bangladeshi people are just not aware of their history. In reality, we are them and they are us.

You are not fooling anyone here with your DUPLICITOUS TALK.

You did not interject to save nobody.

You just took advantage of the situation to break up Pakistan.

Don't worry, we are keeping score and will pay you back with interest.

Either way, we saved one group of Pakistanis from getting butcher by another group of Pakistanis. Doesn't matter what's our reason to do it and let's ignore the fact that Indira decided to intervene at the very end of one year long war.

You should rather spend your energy at keeping score of bodycount of Mohajir-Pathan turf war in Karachi. Capisch(sic) brother?

Back
Top Bottom