What's new

Bangladesh Negotiating to Buy F-10 Fighter Planes

I would not claim that population should explode. but a big population not sustainable by a land where foods are grown almost by nature is also no prescription for development if it is an old country, and is not new like the Americas. An overpopulation pushes people out of land and agriculture. These urbanized people learn how to work hard and fast.

With many other inputs combined an old country starts to develop. Bring the BD population down to 70 million, no one has then to work that hard and development stops at that. Nature can sustain that much of population. So, overpopulation is not always a curse, but it should be used properly. A day will come in BD when the urbanized population will themselves go after less population. It is happening in all the developed urbanized countries of the world, today.

You are confused. What you say is applicable in theory, but in reality, that isn't necessarily the case. Bangladesh isn't Japan or something.

The population of Bangladesh is still growing. Many prominent economists and researchers have already stated that over-population is Bangladesh's biggest problem.

And much of that population are unskilled people. I am talking about rickshaw pullers and the like. And seriously, what would a rickshaw puller with skills of pulling a rickshaw would be doing in an industrialized nation? Then there are cultural and language issues.

The big question is, how will he contribute to the greater good of the country? Other than pulling a rickshaw? Because that is all he does his entire life. It is their nature, and unwilling to change for the better.

I am specifically talking about rickshaw pullers and the like because people like them are the majority of the population.

Not being too critical here, but that is the reality on the ground.

The more population increases in Bangladesh, the slimmer the chances are for improvements in HDI. That is how the whole process is evolving right now.

Population was 140 million 2.5 years ago, and now it is 160 million and increasing. Too much, way too much.

The first thing BD government must prioritize is to control the freakin population growth. And of-course, a quality education system for all to access. In this way, the Bangladesh economy becomes more viable for the future.

Where is the thread heading? noticed all Bangladeshi threads follow somewhere else after a few pages...

There are atleast 2 more previous threads regarding Bangladesh negotiating to buy xyz....

I went back checked the source and read it 3 times, And No there is no confirmed news and no one pointed out when, where the delegation went..

I find it strange why BAF would go for J-10 if JF-17 fulfills the requirements. The official price tag of J-10A is $40M +/-
The seller would ask the buyer what is it in JF-17 that is not fulfilling.
Is it the price tag? Price tag couldn't get better for BAF
Is it the Weapons? almost all weapons J-10A/B can use is also compatible with JF-17.
Is it the Radar? The radar is better than anything and superior to F-7s and A-5s, I can't comment on BAF Mig-29s I don't exactly know the radar onboard. Or wait for the next block that can fulfill your needs.

Logically BAF should first upgrade its current fleet of Mig-29s to the most modern up to date variant of Mig-29s..High low combination always work.

Sure, if you are talking about now, JF-17s suit the BAF requirements well.

However, the AL is extremely anti-Pakistan and pro-India. Trust me, I know since I have met the current foreign minister once, in fact she was my neighbor before becoming FM.

Not too viable for all parties if you ask me. Apart from India of-course ;)

The MIG-29s are in the same state since they were procured back in the 90s. It is about time that they upgrade them.

IMO Gripen will be excellent for BD requirements. JF 17 is too raw to buy

IMO Gripen will be excellent for BD requirements. JF 17 is too raw to buy

It is good, but it is expensive. Gripen has been discussed already. Most concluded that it is just too expensive for Bangladesh at the moment.

It is good, but it is expensive. Gripen has been discussed already. Most concluded that it is just too expensive for Bangladesh at the moment.
bangladesh should buy chinese or any other friendly country apart from NATO AND US AND INDIA because all of the mentioned cant be tusted.making friendship with them is like making friendship with a snake who will bite you one day or the other

Just wondering, is there any border dispute between Bangladesh and India??? Any major weapon procurement from your potential adversary is a big no no unless of course they give it for free....even then you might want to change some stuff in it........

Just wondering, is there any border dispute between Bangladesh and India??? Any major weapon procurement from your potential adversary is a big no no unless of course they give it for free....even then you might want to change some stuff in it........

India and Bangladesh has hardly any disputes about border. It is marked and well known. Except for small altercations due to incidents on the border related to illegal immigration, tempers do tend to rise. However, it is a peaceful border overall.
About weapons, money can buy anything and Bangladesh should decide where its priority lies.:cheers:

bangladesh should buy chinese or any other friendly country apart from NATO AND US AND INDIA because all of the mentioned cant be tusted.making friendship with them is like making friendship with a snake who will bite you one day or the other

So, China who stole technology from Russia can be trusted ?

Pakistan who stole technology from US for its cruise missiles can be trusted ?

Get a life.

Not really.

Around 6.5 km of the border between India and Bangladesh remains to be demarcated.

There is apparently a maritime dispute as well.

Nothing too serious. But India is still a concern for Bangladesh's security just like any other country. My point is that not enough is being done about it IN Bangladesh.

There are reasons why none of Bangladesh military's equipment are Indian. Much of it are Chinese. Hell, even from Pakistan :lol:

Bangladesh does however conduct military exercises with India.

Nothing too serious, but issues must be addressed.

Well, Bangladesh has good relations with Western countries. We don't have any issues like Pakistan :p

We can buy whatever and from where ever we want. China's advantage is cost and easy access to good munitions.

We have bigger population, so any Bangladeshi has bigger chance to be rich man Here. You just have to create demand. I am for that chance :p . Thus the cell companies are making largerer profit here.

But I agree that our over population is our main problem in the most of the cases of social crimes. Sometimes I think that money is valueless when it is abundant to the rich people, and poor people are neglected by our nation when they are available here and there in plenty.

Sure, if you are talking about now, JF-17s suit the BAF requirements well.

However, the AL is extremely anti-Pakistan and pro-India. Trust me, I know since I have met the current foreign minister once, in fact she was my neighbor before becoming FM.

them.

I heard she is my distant relative. But never have seen that black lady.

There may be an unwritten law in Bangladesh, media is not to publish security sensitive news without notifying DGFI. This is why we do not just know what is going on.

surely fighter planes are not small arms that can be kept secret. If not bd media then probably others.

surely fighter planes are not small arms that can be kept secret. If not bd media then probably others.

Why this Indian is again coming with a circular meaningless statement? Indians are impossible gtuys. I wonder if it is to derail the thread. Hey Indian, go to your own Bharat Rakshak forum. We do not need your circular logic.

You are confused. What you say is applicable in theory, but in reality, that isn't necessarily the case. Bangladesh isn't Japan or something.

The population of Bangladesh is still growing. Many prominent economists and researchers have already stated that over-population is Bangladesh's biggest problem.

And much of that population are unskilled people. I am talking about rickshaw pullers and the like. And seriously, what would a rickshaw puller with skills of pulling a rickshaw would be doing in an industrialized nation? Then there are cultural and language issues.

The big question is, how will he contribute to the greater good of the country? Other than pulling a rickshaw? Because that is all he does his entire life. It is their nature, and unwilling to change for the better.

I am specifically talking about rickshaw pullers and the like because people like them are the majority of the population.

Not being too critical here, but that is the reality on the ground.

The more population increases in Bangladesh, the slimmer the chances are for improvements in HDI. That is how the whole process is evolving right now.

Population was 140 million 2.5 years ago, and now it is 160 million and increasing. Too much, way too much.

The first thing BD government must prioritize is to control the freakin population growth. And of-course, a quality education system for all to access. In this way, the Bangladesh economy becomes more viable for the future.

You better read the development histories of ALL the developed countries of today and then send another post. You are talking as if you are able to bring down the population of BD and then development automatically comes to our door. This is quite outrageous. It is like putting cart in fron of horses. Reality is is we have to learn how to develop with the conditions that exist in the country.

We should better stick to the thread or you open a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom