What's new

Bangladesh Navy

China can supply 4 more retired type53 H3 Frigates to Bangladesh as tgeyvare replacing them with more modern frigates and destroyer. It can be a stop gap before we induct brand new frigate.
I think navy should stop buying 2nd hand ships now..need to move on from type53s

I think navy should stop buying 2nd hand ships now..need to move on from type53s
I agree that it is not economical in the long run but we have no choice as we cannot yet build or afford to import brand new frigates.

BN is getting ships to build capacity (crew, training, firepower, etc.) so that when new ships arrive, the sailors can hit the ground running.
The second hand ships are also keeping BN ready to engage the enemy.

BN's approach is in sharp contrast with that of the BAF bastards who have no regard for national security.

I agree that it is not economical in the long run but we have no choice as we cannot yet build or afford to import brand new frigates.

BN is getting ships to build capacity (crew, training, firepower, etc.) so that when new ships arrive, the sailors can hit the ground running.
The second hand ships are also keeping BN ready to engage the enemy.

BN's approach is in sharp contrast with that of the BAF bastards who have no regard for national security.
Let’s be honest, if BAF resorted to buying second hand airframes from russia, we would have been duped into it. Better have nothing than have something that doesn’t work

Let’s be honest, if BAF resorted to buying second hand airframes from russia, we would have been duped into it. Better have nothing than have something that doesn’t work

BAF better come up with some news by the end of this year, I'm not even asking for confirmation of anything just that they tell us what aircrafts they're considering.

I'm desperate for info at this point.

BAF makes my bp rise.

BAF better come up with some news by the end of this year, I'm not even asking for confirmation of anything just that they tell us what aircrafts they're considering.

I'm desperate for info at this point.

BAF makes my bp rise.
BAF is high

In weed

Don't see what is there to be "duped" into. Instead of wasting money on F-7s, BAF could have leased/procured used MiG-29s/J-10s to build capacity and readiness and returned/disposed them afterwards.

Due to BAF's inaction, they hardly have any pilots/crew experienced in flying/maintaining proper 4th gen fighters. No amount of flying hours on Yak-130s can compensate for this.

Don't see what is there to be "duped" into. Instead of wasting money on F-7s, BAF could have leased/procured used MiG-29s/J-10s to build capacity and readiness and returned/disposed them afterwards.

Due to BAF's inaction, they hardly have any pilots/crew experienced in flying/maintaining proper 4th gen fighters. No amount of flying hours on Yak-130s can compensate for this.
Blame Khaleda for it. We would have never had bg or bgi if it wasn’t for her

Blame Khaleda for it. We would have never had bg or bgi if it wasn’t for her
BNP left office in Oct 2006. BGIs were inducted in 2013. SAK/Ashiq was so mad back in 2012 when the BGIs were ordered that he started a thread in the Bdmilitary forum titled " Should BAF be disbanded?".

All goverments since Jan 2007 have been pro-military procurement. In fact the Fakhruddin-led caretaker govt even gave green signal to Su-30 procurement in 2008. I don't buy into the nonsense of needing to delay fighter procurement to allow time for pilots to train on AJTs locally.

For any new platform, you can always get the first batch of pilots and maintainers trained in the supplier country.
Back in 1972, BAF had almost nothing in terms of infrastructure and yet they managed to induct cutting edge MiG-21MFs by getting pilots trained in Russia.

BAF could do it back then but not in late 2000s or now???
What BAF needs is commanders from BA and BN seconded in to kick butts. All perks and priviledges of BAF staff officers should be suspended till fighters are procured.

Last edited:
BNP left office in Oct 2006. BGIs were inducted in 2013. SAK/Ashiq was so mad back in 2012 when the BGIs were ordered that he started a thread in the Bdmilitary forum titled " Should BAF be disbanded?".

All goverments since Jan 2007 have been pro-military procurement. In fact the Fakhruddin-led caretaker govt even gave green signal to Su-30 procurement in 2008. I don't buy into the nonsense of needing to delay fighter procurement to allow time for pilots to train on AJTs locally.

For any new platform, you can always get the first batch of pilots and maintainers trained in the supplier country.
Back in 1972, BAF had almost nothing in terms of infrastructure and yet they managed to induct cutting edge MiG-21MFs by getting pilots trained in Russia.

BAF could do it back then but not in late 2000s or now???
What BAF needs is commanders from BA and BN seconded in to kick butts. All perks and priviledges of BAF staff officers should be suspended till fighters are procured.
When govt allows foreign govt. to meddle in internal politics this is what happens. I need not say more

You have hit the nail on the head. The YAK purchases were completely retarded. They really have no idea. Disband BAF and allow its assets ro be absorbed by BN and BA and then start again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom