What's new

Bangladesh Navy

@Bilal9 remember I talked about Khulna class? I’m surprised to say but such is planned. As an OPV
I REALLY CONFUSED MYSELF MIXING KHULNA WITH PADMA

Same goes for Dhaka class MR Frigate and CTG class submarine they named.

I think it would have been simpler to state unknown class MRF and Submarine, rather than naming them into made up classes. Adds to the confusion.

If brain is so fertile, then let it work some cycles. Variety (of BS) is the spice of life....

Same goes for Dhaka class MR Frigate and CTG class submarine they named.

I think it would have been simpler to state unknown class MRF and Submarine, rather than naming them into made up classes. Adds to the confusion.
Some people have also stolen Jiangdao class (Type-056) corvettes from the Chinese and named it "Shadhinota class".

You cannot just name classes of ships you import.

Last edited:
Bangladesh Navy's first guided missile frigate BNS Usman has been decommissioned unofficially from service. The photo shows the current condition of the ship now. It's replacement will be one of the Type-53H3s of the second batch. Looks like it's going to be scrapped too.

Photo: Respective owner

104492532_2543377709247928_8563424302102450336_o.jpg

Bangladesh Navy's first guided missile frigate BNS Usman has been decommissioned unofficially from service. The photo shows the current condition of the ship now. It's replacement will be one of the Type-53H3s of the second batch. Looks like it's going to be scrapped too.

Photo: Respective owner

104492532_2543377709247928_8563424302102450336_o.jpg
BN seems to develop a thing for scrapping de commissioned ships. They scrapped the Salisbury Class ships too now this. But may be better than spending budget behind an old ship.
@Michael Corleone here goes your museum ship :/

The so-called "Jiangdao class" is from NATO, while Type 056 is from PLAN.

So, "Shadhinota class" is ok.
I am yet to see a BN document or release calling them "shadhinota class"; It is a Bangladeshi internet thing.
Class designation is usually done based on the first ship laid or whatever name the designer designates them (Type-056).

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom