What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Are they planning to house entire PLAN submarine force or something? :cheesy:
;) ;)
It means BN will focus on huge submarine fleet, you know it is permanent base for life, so you know if you see BN has around 30 subs by 2040,don't be surprised :azn: I wish I will be alive to see this:drag:

Looks promising at the very least for plans for more subs.

Much ado about nothing if two old Mings is the end of BN goals.
Let me tell you this story.

More than a decade ago when purchase of Ming class were on planning table, a retired Admiral wrote a detailed opinion piece in a national daily that why he thinks, buying old Ming class isn't good enough idea & detailing the pros of buying new subs, also stating the importance of starting a submarine force (& doctrine).

In an unprecedented move, serving Navy officers & ISPR went out of their way, assuring the old gentleman that, how Ming class is just a START!!

That's an interesting story, isn't it?

Last edited:
thank you !

Look at the red circle area of temporary dock base for 2 submarines, now calculate the extended area alone the coast, you figure :devil: :P
Bro, the base will have facilities for maintenance, so expect dry docks that houses atleast 4... oil depots, ammunition depot, personnel spaces, provisions for holding the subs themselves so the land will all get used up

It means BN will focus on huge submarine fleet, you know it is permanent base for life, so you know if you see BN has around 30 subs by 2040,don't be surprised :azn: I wish I will be alive to see this:drag:
I don’t know if this base would ever be able to handle 30 subs, but navies conservative plan of having 8 is not bad for a nation that didn’t have a light bulb on at night 20 years ago

welcome back. And I deleted my old Facebook so lost your contacts

More photos from the submarine base construction site.

© Defseca

XjI2Mo7.jpg

tMkjhko.jpg

NFJNz6U.jpg

QxvZWNB.jpg

ihz3UJ8.jpg

YYdVfqx.jpg

6cmzSCJ.jpg

s66NASk.jpg

dmy9TEh.jpg

W4Z2esq.jpg

xUHQ7y3.jpg

Darshak class hydrographic survey vessel

j8Iav9q.jpg

k0Slyyo.jpg

jdsPrnB.jpg

Oh if our AirForce would be half as active and on-track.

I'd be the happiest creature on the planet.

Let me tell you this story.

More than a decade ago when purchase of Ming class were on planning table, a retired Admiral wrote a detailed opinion piece in a national daily that why he thinks, buying old Ming class isn't good enough idea & detailing the pros of buying new subs, also stating the importance of starting a submarine force (& doctrine).

In an unprecedented move, serving Navy officers & ISPR went out of their way, assuring the old gentleman that, how Ming class is just a START!!

That's an interesting story, isn't it?
What will be our submarine doctrine? Do you have any idea ?
Will the base have an airfield? Will BN be operating maritimestrike fighter jets or BAF?

What will be our submarine doctrine? Do you have any idea ?
Will the base have an airfield? Will BN be operating maritimestrike fighter jets or BAF?

To do this, we need to look at an older study of PLAN doctrine, download the PDF at this link after you register.

"Undersea Dragons: China's Maturing Submarine Force"

https://muse.jhu.edu/article/168177/pdf

Fleet details, look at South Sea fleet.

https://www.iiss.org/blogs/military-balance/2017/10/china-submarine-force

Of course, we need to look at conventional doctrine, not Nuclear.

And not to derail the thread, the Chinese have been busy in Pakistan as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutt...kistan-may-indicate-naval-plans/#2f2b96541020

if this base would ever be able to handle 30 subs, but navies conservative plan of having 8 is not bad for a nation that didn’t have a light bulb on at night 20 years ago

welcome back. And I deleted my old Facebook so lost your contacts
Are you still in seca ? lol

Back
Top Bottom