What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Will be equivalent to earlier version of 054. Great for BoB threat level. You are talking about type 054A. Im sure, if inducted something like those; BN will identify those as destroyers.
I don’t think so. 4500 tons isn’t classified as destroyer in BN book

I don’t think so. 4500 tons isn’t classified as destroyer in BN book

Exactly. Even mini destroyers are typically of at least 6000 ton displacement, going up to 9000 tons or so (depending on patrol and endurance length in days)

Though displacement is actually not the qualifying factor. Armament and sensors dictate that role.

Bangladesh Navy personnels onboard newly acquired Type-053H3 frigates of Bangladesh Navy.

PC- Chinese Defence portal

75552885_531304400780600_6629951619662348288_n.jpg

Missile armed version of the the Padma class coastal patrol craft equipped with more powerful Oto Melara 76mm main gun, RWS and Marte 2N anti-ship missile is coming.

The Bangladesh Navy is benefiting from acquisition of European warship components such as missile, guns and sensors.

Existing and future Padma class coastal patrol craft may be fitted/equipped with such sensors as per official proposal/planning of stakeholders.

Exclusive to Defseca.com #Defseca #BangladeshNavy #KhulnaShipyard #MadeInBangladesh

74487552_551363165650167_6984958480884957184_o.jpg

These ships are not new , not modern looks like from 70's. why does bangladesh navy purchase them? are those donations?

No, our frigate program is delayed and navy is increasing fleet strength and replace old ship like Hamilton class. They might buy two more second hand frigates until new frigate come. And these were launched in 1997-98. So they still have lots of service life left.

Do you know the reasons for delay?

Looks like Sea trial?
Yeah let the Navy and Land force develop and let the air force remain backward. Are we even getting any MRCA or we have to use our current 'bhangari maal' like J7 and old mig 29s for eternity?

Yeah let the Navy and Land force develop and let the air force remain backward. Are we even getting any MRCA or we have to use our current 'bhangari maal' like J7 and old mig 29s for eternity?
There is always hope that we will see positive development but lets not hold our breath.

Last edited:
Guys who’re more knowledgeable about metallurgy, can you tell me why ship hull looks buckled the more it’s overhauled? Does it depend on poor welding techniques/technology? How far are Chinese in this field? So far very few of their new ships doesn’t look buckled and has a smooth hull finish

Why does it concern a Nepali living in Burma?

Guys who’re more knowledgeable about metallurgy, can you tell me why ship hull looks buckled the more it’s overhauled? Does it depend on poor welding techniques/technology? How far are Chinese in this field? So far very few of their new ships doesn’t look buckled and has a smooth hull finish

Why does it concern a Nepali living in Burma?
কেন? আপনার সমস্যা কই?

I am a Chittagonian btw. Where is your hometown @Michael Corleone

কেন? আপনার সমস্যা কই?

I am a Chittagonian btw. Where is your hometown @Michael Corleone
Munshiganj
Thought you’re foreign
They’ll be reitired in due time. We don’t keep our fighters in service more than specification service life.

mig 21 and f7s of India and Burma on the other hand...

Last edited:
It was already discussed vai. They aren't going with the Chinese design and CDDL is not even ready. Look at the new LPC tender, clearly hints that we are moving away from China.

Moving away from China may not be the right approach for next-gen frigates.

These 6+2 frigates will be far too powerful for Myanmar, although they will be useful against the savages, and will be mainly tasked with keeping India at bay. The Type-56 corvettes and the older frigates, along with subs, are more than enough for the Barmans.
Chinese current frigate technology will provide the perfect combination of firepower/cost for a country like BD.

India is far too big a market for EU nations to not buckle under Indian pressure. What assurances does BD have for supplies in case of war with India?

BD should strike the right balance between Chinese/Western designs for it's military modernisation. Just knee-jerking away from China is not a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom