What's new

Bangladesh Navy

You are right brother, and I am wrong. :-)

However I do not trust Wiki because anyone can edit Wiki pages. If Chinese 054B can cost $350-400 Million apiece, then equivalent size MEKO 200s built in Germany cannot be half of that....

ALGERIA’S new MEKO 200s were ordered in March 2012 from Germany’s ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS) in a $2.7 Billion USD order (involving two ships, six AgustaWestland Super Lynx 300 helicopters and an option for two more ships.

https://quwa.org/2015/09/22/meko-a-200an-algerias-new-warships/

Assuming that Super Lynx helis cost $14.5 million a unit (safe bet), the six helis would cost $87 million. That means the Two Algerian MEKOs cost $1.3 Billion each! That is incredible - even knowing how heavily armed those MEKOs are.
Damn, if these are so expensive, we might as we ll go for other options

We have enough money to buy good SAMs to make BDs small airspace a fortress.

Will light up like a christmas tree for SEAD.

I suggest you look at why NATO did what it did in the 70s and 80s with regards to air defence strategy.

Will light up like a christmas tree for SEAD.

I suggest you look at why NATO did what it did in the 70s and 80s with regards to air defence strategy.

That is why BD will have a comprehensive air-defences that will incorporate fighter aircraft, AWACs and SAMs.

DO YOU GYES MIND IF THIS SHIP IS GOING TO BE OUR NEW FRIGATE?
30688166_2098915916816046_6505566263051950818_n.jpg

Lol...thats a sham. It's more of a destroyer with a displacement of approx 6000-7000 tonnage. It would certainly Not be our navy frigate model.

Lol...thats a sham. It's more of a destroyer with a displacement of approx 6000-7000 tonnage. It would certainly Not be our navy frigate model.
Govt. want to build 8 guided missile frigate in CDD. beside of this i think BN needs to procure one destroyer with displacement of 6500 - 8000 ton.

Govt. want to build 8 guided missile frigate in CDD. beside of this i think BN needs to procure one destroyer with displacement of 6500 - 8000 ton.
The noise of the town is, our future frigates are going to cost approx. $400 million a pop with all-around European sensors & subsystems. Now with a fixed pannel active phassed array system (very unlikely) along with 16 AShM/SSM & a Chinese hull, with the given budget we may get only HALF of the above model.

The noise of the town is, our future frigates are going to cost approx. $400 million a pop with all-around European sensors & subsystems. Now with a fixed pannel active phassed array system (very unlikely) along with 16 AShM/SSM & a Chinese hull, with the given budget we may get only HALF of the above model.

half what? displacement?

Back
Top Bottom