What's new

Bangladesh Navy

But east bengal regiment soldiers with mine strapped to their body is why Pakistan probably still exist today.

The battle of Khemkaran sector for East Bengal Regiment was legendary. They drew their history in blood. Long live our heroes!

Sorry for the OT segway.

well, sure its off topic.... but its not time for us to ignore stuff that are within our sphere.... e.g. we can't ignore what happens in the Maldives, because a quarter of that country's population is Bangladeshi.... its time for us to tear our thinking barriers to redesign our thinking....

Well yeah you are right on that score....

বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনী তাদের গাইডেড মিসাইল ফ্রিগেট "বিএনএস বঙ্গবন্ধু" এর জন্য দুইটি রিমোট কন্ট্রোল 40mm Naval Gun এবং অন্য দুইটি জাহাজের জন্য ২ টি X Band Navigation Radar এর জন্য টেন্ডার ছেড়েছে।

এছাড়া "বিএনএস বঙ্গবন্ধু" কে ফ্রান্স পাঠানো হবে মিড লাইফ আপগ্রেডেশন এর জন্য।ফলে জাহাজটি আরো বেশিদিন সার্ভিস দিতে পারবে এবং অনেক নতুন প্রযুক্তি যুক্ত হবে।

http://www.dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/2241.pdf
http://www.dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/2242.pdf

Credit-DTB

বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনী তাদের গাইডেড মিসাইল ফ্রিগেট "বিএনএস বঙ্গবন্ধু" এর জন্য দুইটি রিমোট কন্ট্রোল 40mm Naval Gun এবং অন্য দুইটি জাহাজের জন্য ২ টি X Band Navigation Radar এর জন্য টেন্ডার ছেড়েছে।

এছাড়া "বিএনএস বঙ্গবন্ধু" কে ফ্রান্স পাঠানো হবে মিড লাইফ আপগ্রেডেশন এর জন্য।ফলে জাহাজটি আরো বেশিদিন সার্ভিস দিতে পারবে এবং অনেক নতুন প্রযুক্তি যুক্ত হবে।

http://www.dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/2241.pdf
http://www.dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/2242.pdf

Credit-DTB

why France , why not korea?

BN will buy two new radar from EU with Helicopter Landing control mode.

BN is effectively pursuing an East-West Mix. Highend Sensors and Weapons from EU onboard an affordable hull. Very interesting.:-)
Screenshot_1.png

Incidentally PLAN has started to strip of it's last Type53H2G frigate '542'. Readying for transfer?
img_20180326_104750-jpg.461889

@wanglaokan

why France , why not Korea?
Most of the sub-systems(Sensors and Softwares) onboard BNS BB are from Thales.

so, this means that BN has to build up its fleet strength well before that in order to fill the gaps left by the absence of this superior platform.... the ship would remain absent from the BoB for some time....
Upgrade work on BNS BB will start after the second batch of Shadhinota Class reaches our shore. Four Shadhinota Class will be enough to spearhead our defenses and deterrence at the meantime I believe.

Last edited:

so, this means that BN has to build up its fleet strength well before that in order to fill the gaps left by the absence of this superior platform.... the ship would remain absent from the BoB for some time....

A) one persons opinions on a “forum” doesn’t represent 160+ million people living in bd and others abroad...

OK so you didn't even read what was being talked about there. Hint: Entire country of BD putting next to 0 pressure on those that matter (largely politicians and bureaucrats) to actually as you say " admit our shortcomings and try to work on it rather than live in a delusional world".

You like to project this feel of "working on it" without "delusion"....but totally rely on your corrupt political types to give you so called evidence of it (that in itself is extremely delusional behaviour.).....when they know the "evidence" is only to help with groupthink feel....and thus becomes a political tool for status quo and control.

trolling in bd forum is always started in by the holy trinity, you... gv... whatever and wiseman so as long as y’all don’t stop seeing people of bd as subordinate, don’t expect them (other bd origin members) (sometimes me included) to pull in india’s Shortcomings in the convos.

Far as I can see this time, gslv called you LDC swamp and instead of replying proportionately (like say supa powa etc) you bring in the total off topic crap (literally). Ok its fine, now people following the convo get to see my reply stuck in your quote about the terrible state of BD on the matter you seem to want to base some credibility on.

And dont give me this bull about BD rural areas somehow magically following what BBS says about there. If BBS clearly lies this much about your "capital city"....we are supposed to give them the benefit of the doubt on rural parts? Yeah.......no. You BeeDees are free to believe whatever you want though, its all part of the reason you do atrociously badly when you actually measured in a 3rd party environment. Italy recorded like 12,000 Bangladeshi asylum seekers last year, basically trying to exploit the Syria refugee situation. You are truly something else as a people.

Far as I can see this time, gslv called you LDC swamp and instead of replying proportionately (like say supa powa etc) you bring in the total off topic crap (literally). Ok its fine, now people following the convo get to see my reply stuck in your quote about the terrible state of BD on the matter you seem to want to base some credibility on.

And dont give me this bull about BD rural areas somehow magically following what BBS says about there. If BBS clearly lies this much about your "capital city"....we are supposed to give them the benefit of the doubt on rural parts? Yeah.......no. You BeeDees are free to believe whatever you want though, its all part of the reason you do atrociously badly when you actually measured in a 3rd party environment. Italy recorded like 12,000 Bangladeshi asylum seekers last year, basically trying to exploit the Syria refugee situation. You are truly something else as a people.

@Michael Corleone did not ever live in rural BD, he spent his life in Kuwait. Yet, what he stated about rural BD is true. Do not measure our real Bangladesh with the yardstick of Dhaka. Dhaka is full of problems, because it was not been built with much planning. The rural BD is completely different. It has been in the process of evolution since after 1947. The govt. has paved many thousands of km of already existing Kaccha roads, has built bridges and culverts, and added new roads.

Go to a peasant's house. Almost all the houses are now built with brick or with a combination of brick+tin (corrugated sheet). There was a time when one could see many house walls built with even jute stick (Patkhori), but not now. The rural face has completely changed with the supply of electricity, although per capita consumption of power is not high. Many/most of the houses have fridges and TVs.

There are shortage of labors in the farms. The per day salary is more or less 500 Taka. The govt. is selecting industrial zones in many parts of the rural BD. This will cause the labors to be absorbed there causing the efficiency and real income to go up. Many of the people are already using motor cycles. People without MC can easily travel at a cheap price to almost any place they like by using three wheeler autos.

Many of the women/housewives are engaged in poultry farms in limited scale. Since meat and eggs are in demand, therefore, their sells have improved the income of many of the rural households. There are so many kindergartens in the rural BD. All the school age children attend schools, at least, the Primary ones. In our time, we did not even see what a rucksack is. But, today every child uses it for going to school.

We do not have any issue with Muslim, Hindu or low-caste people like the sons and daughters of sweepers in the schools. They study and play together. Unlike the Indians, these small children are not taught by any body about the JATPAT. So, they feel affinity with each other. There is no bar even in the fields of employment.

Yes, Indian good cities may compare with the BD cities. But, please do not compare BD rural with Indian rural. It is a way higher than India can ever dream of.

@Michael Corleone did not ever live in rural BD, he spent his life in Kuwait. Yet, what he stated about rural BD is true. Do not measure our real Bangladesh with the yardstick of Dhaka. Dhaka is full of problems, because it was not been built with much planning. The rural BD is completely different. It has been in the process of evolution since after 1947. The govt. has paved many thousands of km of already existing Kaccha roads, has built bridges and culverts, and added new roads.

Go to a peasant's house. Almost all the houses are now built with brick or with a combination of brick+tin (corrugated sheet). There was a time when one could see many house walls built with even jute stick (Patkhori), but not now. The rural face has completely changed with the supply of electricity, although per capita consumption of power is not high. Many/most of the houses have fridges and TVs.

There are shortage of labors in the farms. The per day salary is more or less 500 Taka. The govt. is selecting industrial zones in many parts of the rural BD. This will cause the labors to be absorbed there causing the efficiency and real income to go up. Many of the people are already using motor cycles. People without MC can easily travel at a cheap price to almost any place they like by using three wheeler autos.

Many of the women/housewives are engaged in poultry farms in limited scale. Since meat and eggs are in demand, therefore, their sells have improved the income of many of the rural households. There are so many kindergartens in the rural BD. All the school age children attend schools, at least, the Primary ones. In our time, we did not even see what a rucksack is. But, today every child uses it for going to school.

We do not have any issue with Muslim, Hindu or low-caste people like the sons and daughters of sweepers in the schools. They study and play together. Unlike the Indians, these small children are not taught by any body about the JATPAT. So, they feel affinity with each other. There is no bar even in the fields of employment.

Yes, Indian good cities may compare with the BD cities. But, please do not compare BD rural with Indian rural. It is a way higher than India can ever dream of.

Again as long as no one that matters (and is 3rd party) is not actually going there (rural BD) and both your govt and statistical program have been caught clearly and openly lieing about Dhaka's condition (at even a cursory glance)....I am not going to believe anything that comes from your GDDS stat level, ESCAP-rejecting, bottom 10th percentile in corruption hellhole....especially one that just wants to perpetuate all of those for feel good.

You are all welcome to believe whatever you want about your rural versus our rural. Point is ours is magnitudes more credible to begin with when we say something about it.

Develop your credibility first (with real 3rd party evidence to show for it on that matter) to at least 33% level of the global average if you want someone to believe you or even actually care about it in first place....or dont and let it run like a 3 million sob story myth.

Everyone and anyone who cares about facts, not feels.....will just look at the dissonance in reality and chuckle. A country that claims this life expectancy and mortality rate, sends this level of medical refugees for the most basic of things....with its RURAL peasants selling their hard earned land even to do this.

It’s more expensive, but it’s a matter of life and death. We sold land to come here, and now that money has been rendered useless,” he said.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ess-bangladeshis-stranded-in-kolkata-4370748/

Sorry, I will not write any more about BD. It is a different thread that I did not see before I wrote one or two posts. I am extremely sorry.

Upgrade work on BNS BB will start after the second batch of Shadhinota Class reaches our shore. Four Shadhinota Class will be enough to spearhead our defenses and deterrence at the meantime I believe.

well and good that we're getting more corvettes....

but I'm sure that you wouldn't try to prevent quick acquisition of some frigates to fill that gap?

On the matter of Upgradation of BNS BB, the DARDO CIWS systems Fast 40 Guns will be replaced.

Screenshot_2.png

The most likely choice would be-
squared_medium_squared_original_40mm_02_s.jpg

The Twin 40L70 Compact is a high performance naval mount that is easy to install in any type of ship, providing:

- high rate of fire (600 rds/min) very effective with proximity-fuzed ammunition;
- good availability of ready-to-fire ammunition for automatic firing;
- operability in NBC conditions.

The Twin 40L70 Compact provides effectiveness and reliability especially under the most challenging operations, such as:
- anti-missile defence (subsonic sea-skimmers);
- anti-aircraft defence;
- ship-to-ship engagements.

http://www.leonardocompany.com/en/-/twin-40l70-compact

New Radar for BNS BB?
As mentioned in previous posts, two new radar are to be procured. One will be installed on BNS BB. That means an Radar replacement for BNS BB. BNS ali Haider(F 17) will get a radar replacement too.

well and good that we're getting more corvettes....

but I'm sure that you wouldn't try to prevent quick acquisition of some frigates to fill that gap?
Of course a stopgap is in pipeline. Also BNS Osman's decommissioning has been delayed as all the other ships will be taking rotations in dockyards for much needed midlife upgrades.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom