What's new

Bangladesh Navy

I know. But they have commonalties.

No man. Just some proposal. And I dont think Russia will offer soft loan like China does. Which we prefer very much...

Oh crap. Anyway thanks for your time...
The biggest advantage of dealing with China is many BD products are very welcomed in China. Like BD rice, jute, leatherware, black tea, sugar. We can do offset deal, you know China dont need cash that much. Soft loan can be awarded for friends like BD.

Is the Russian-domestic M90FR gas turbine ready for Goshkov?

If BD navy can induct Gorshkov, it will be one of the best navy in the region. P800 AShM has 600 KM range, Lord! @Zarvan if this news is true, Pakistan is lagging behind.
Pakistan is way behind. We need ships like the one shown during IDEAS the Type-057 most likely and other ships which have VLS for both Cruise and Air Defence systems.

Pakistan is way behind. We need ships like the one shown during IDEAS the Type-057 most likely and other ships which have VLS for both Cruise and Air Defence systems.
You mean the Tiger class frigate

Even if Russia offers something like Gorshkov class - we should look for ToT first, to save money and also progress in technology. The days are gone when we should simply pay oil money like Arab countries and be happy. Heck, look at the Navies of Algeria and Egypt, they are getting ToT - too. :-)

Exactly !!!!! it's time Bangladesh starts thinking of playing international role
Why? Before thinking of playing regional pawa or international pawa we must increase our nominal GDP to 1 trillion USD. We should continue our current trajectory for a good 10-15 more years. And for that we have to cast aside our regional pawa ambitions.

C319KnNWIAAmCdq.jpg

My first reaction.
Is the Russian offering us this beast.............? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
if yes then Just BUY this.......:chilli::victory::bounce:
Took the indian (500 milion usd) proposl to buy this ship, i think INDIA don,t mind it.
+ BN should offer india+ banglades+ Russia+china joint naval exersise. keep all of them happy.

BUT russia is indias gratest arms exporter and allies so there is some concerned that they provide BD navy the best..........:undecided:
on the other hand China is (present and future) Indias number 1 enemy. so enemys enemy is definetly my friend.
+ all our navy vassels weapons system based on chines so why adding this russian system?

at the end i would like to go for CHINES SHIP.what ever this frigate model is, i would love to add this ship in BN navy arsenal at list 6 unit (2020-2030). yeah am i dreaming too much! ...............:pop:
qiUt6.jpg

Last edited:
ssssssssssshhhhhh ! ! !:ph34r: lots of thing is going on :D
in upcoming fiscal year defence budget is going up by 38% :partay: meaning defence budget will cross $3.8 billion USD :fans:

Unfortunately it is going to be 3.2 billion US dollars as planned in the budget for 2017-2018.
:(

Last edited:
India doesn't induct Gorshkov class?

LAST FY BUDGET WAS গতবছর সামরিক বাজেট ছিলUS $ 2.63 BILLION ২.৬৩ বিলিয়ন মার্কিন ডলার।

এবছরের সামরিক বাজেট গতবছরের থেকে i.e 0.59 BILLION ০.৫৯ বিলিয়ন বা OR 590 MILLION US $ INCREASED. ৫৯০ মিলিয়ন মার্কিন ডলার বেশি।

Please note that for the FY 2017-18,Defence Budget has been increased by UD$ 590 millions only, from that of last year.

Now my question is simple,how will these expensive platforms be purchased, for the rapid modernization for the 3 services, utilizing this negligible increase? Are the cash deficit/stripped Russians willing to extend another G2G, soft loans to Bangladesh, in addition to the US $ 1 billion already committed and utilized mainly for the Air Force?

Last edited:
Defence Technology of Bangladesh-DTB
7 hrs ·
ডিফেন্স বাজেট 2017 কিসসা
অনেকেই 3.2 বিলিয়ন ডলার ডিফেন্স বাজেট দেখে খুশিতে বাকবাকুম করছেন. তারা মনে করছেন এইবার বাংলাদেশ সব শপিং লিস্ট কিন্না পুরা কইরা ফেলবে .তাদের জন্য বলছি .
3.2 বিলিয়ন ডলার এর 70% খরচ হবে বাহিনীর বেতন , চিকিৎসা , বাড়িঘর নির্মাণ , ইকুইপমেন্ট রক্ষনাবেক্ষন , প্রশিক্ষণ ইত্যাদী তে .

ঐ খরচ বাদ দিলে বাকি থাকে 950 মিলিয়ন ডলার. তার মধ্যে প্রকিউরমেন্ট বাজেট হবে 700-750 মিলিয়ন ডলার যা দিয়ে অস্ত্র, গাড়ি , জাহাজ, বিমান, যাবতীয় যুদ্ধ উপকরণ কিনা হবে. এই টাকা কে এখন 3 দিয়া সুন্দর করে কেল্কুলেটর এ ভাগ দিন . 250 মিলিয়ন তাই না?

ইহাই হলো বাজেট সোর্সলদ্ধ নিজনিজ বাহিনীর সংকুলান . আর্মি কে আবার এই 250 মিলিয়ন থেকে ইউ এন এর ডিপ্লয়মেন্ট সাপোর্ট দিতে হবে . সেনাবাহিনী মে বি 150-200 মিলিয়ন খরচ করতে পারবে যুদ্ধাস্ত্র ও উপকরণ কেনার জন্য .

ভাই ও বহিনগণ , এখন শপিং লিস্ট এ তাকান আর পকেট গোনেন . রোজার মাস আল্লাহ আল্লাহ করেন .

The ONLY viable alternative is to request CHINA, to grant us another tranche of 3-4 Billion US$, as soft loans on G2G basis, that means procurement of CHINESE WEAPONS ONLY.:smitten::smitten::china::china:

@wanglaokan kindly assist Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Russian cant export P800 due to 300 Km export restriction. Can they?

depends what we singed in UN if 300 km then its really a sad news

Even if Russia offers something like Gorshkov class - we should look for ToT first, to save money and also progress in technology. The days are gone when we should simply pay oil money like Arab countries and be happy. Heck, look at the Navies of Algeria and Egypt, they are getting ToT - too. :-)

it will bring down the price and increase job , but it depends on the deal how many we need and buy etc..
7 hrs ·
ডিফেন্স বাজেট 2017 কিসসা
অনেকেই 3.2 বিলিয়ন ডলার ডিফেন্স বাজেট দেখে খুশিতে বাকবাকুম করছেন. তারা মনে করছেন এইবার বাংলাদেশ সব শপিং লিস্ট কিন্না পুরা কইরা ফেলবে .তাদের জন্য বলছি .
3.2 বিলিয়ন ডলার এর 70% খরচ হবে বাহিনীর বেতন , চিকিৎসা , বাড়িঘর নির্মাণ , ইকুইপমেন্ট রক্ষনাবেক্ষন , প্রশিক্ষণ ইত্যাদী তে .

ঐ খরচ বাদ দিলে বাকি থাকে 950 মিলিয়ন ডলার. তার মধ্যে প্রকিউরমেন্ট বাজেট হবে 700-750 মিলিয়ন ডলার যা দিয়ে অস্ত্র, গাড়ি , জাহাজ, বিমান, যাবতীয় যুদ্ধ উপকরণ কিনা হবে. এই টাকা কে এখন 3 দিয়া সুন্দর করে কেল্কুলেটর এ ভাগ দিন . 250 মিলিয়ন তাই না?

ইহাই হলো বাজেট সোর্সলদ্ধ নিজনিজ বাহিনীর সংকুলান . আর্মি কে আবার এই 250 মিলিয়ন থেকে ইউ এন এর ডিপ্লয়মেন্ট সাপোর্ট দিতে হবে . সেনাবাহিনী মে বি 150-200 মিলিয়ন খরচ করতে পারবে যুদ্ধাস্ত্র ও উপকরণ কেনার জন্য .

ভাই ও বহিনগণ , এখন শপিং লিস্ট এ তাকান আর পকেট গোনেন . রোজার মাস আল্লাহ আল্লাহ করেন .

The ONLY viable alternative is to request CHINA, to grant us another tranche of 3-4 Billion US$, as soft loans on G2G basis, that means procurement of CHINESE WEAPONS ONLY.:smitten::smitten::china::china:

if BD Navy approach China they will approve loan at a excellent deal if we need 5 billion dollar to make purchase for navy they will do
but i am not sure what we are buying from Russia if they have but other we should buy from china

C319KnNWIAAmCdq.jpg

My first reaction.
Is the Russian offering us this beast.............? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
if yes then Just BUY this.......:chilli::victory::bounce:
Took the indian (500 milion usd) proposl to buy this ship, i think INDIA don,t mind it.
+ BN should offer india+ banglades+ Russia+china joint naval exersise. keep all of them happy.

BUT russia is indias gratest arms exporter and allies so there is some concerned that they provide BD navy the best..........:undecided:
on the other hand China is (present and future) Indias number 1 enemy. so enemys enemy is definetly my friend.
+ all our navy vassels weapons system based on chines so why adding this russian system?

at the end i would like to go for CHINES SHIP.what ever this frigate model is, i would love to add this ship in BN navy arsenal at list 6 unit (2020-2030). yeah am i dreaming too much! ...............:pop:
qiUt6.jpg

its russia one of the best and battle proven and smaller in size compare to the nato and usa counterparts
if we can get several of this it will be huge boost for the navy
yes it wont come cheap

7 hrs ·
ডিফেন্স বাজেট 2017 কিসসা

You talk like @wanglaokan is president Xi Jing Ping.

Back
Top Bottom