What's new

Bangladesh Navy indigenous Frigate development program.

Guys, as per BDmilitary all naval contracts are going to the Chinese. But the already stated rejection on 054A stands. If BDmilitary stands true, then a different Chinese variant/design maybe!
In Sylhet we say:
বাঙাল লাখ টেখার স্বপ্ন দেখে, তলে ছিড়া খেতা...

Just WOW...

With all due respect, the ships will be built all the way to 2030. Future tense is relevant now as cost will be spread all the way to then and even beyond.
All reports say that the ship will be around 4000 tonnes in displacement and so that rules out the Turkish TF-100 frigate that is only 3000 tonnes, and it will not even be in service till 2021 with Turkish Navy! Be realistic, BD cannot use this design as a base for at least another 5 years.
If the Chinese have been rejected by BD, this only leaves an European design as the only realistic option at this time. I would like BD to go with Turkey but they will not have anything suitable for another decade. BD will start building this year and not 2025!
OK bro...

Let see বাঙালীর অউকাদ...

With all due respect, the ships will be built all the way to 2030. Future tense is relevant now as cost will be spread all the way to then and even beyond.
All reports say that the ship will be around 4000 tonnes in displacement and so that rules out the Turkish TF-100 frigate that is only 3000 tonnes, and it will not even be in service till 2021 with Turkish Navy! Be realistic, BD cannot use this design as a base for at least another 5 years.
If the Chinese have been rejected by BD, this only leaves an European design as the only realistic option at this time. I would like BD to go with Turkey but they will not have anything suitable for another decade. BD will start building this year and not 2025!
Give it a rest. He is just too much of an smart *** even for his own good.

Anyway I don't think origin of the hull is more important than the armaments & Electronics it will carry. Gonna keep an open mind on that.

Guys regarding 054A, whether China rejected the request for 054A from us, or we rejected their 'dumbed down' return offer, current 054A still costs north of $1.5 Billion (with a 'B') a copy. So that's why this design maybe out of the question. Also 054B keel may have been laid already, which will have many improvements over 054A. See here,

https://thediplomat.com/2017/12/china-launches-new-type-054a-guided-missile-stealth-frigate/

If a 3500-4000 ton design is chosen (FREMM or otherwise), we may decide to put minimal offensive and some defensive armaments on it now to save cost and upgrade later (to incorporate modular design for different missiles for VLS tubes). I also think there will be construction in more than one batch (probably punctuated by batches of two). In modern construction parlance this is called Flight I, II, III etc.

i dont think frigate construction will start within this year, very likely shadhinota class corvette project will see ray of light this year..

I agree.

Heard they offered us their Tiger class and demanded 400 million for Type-54A.

i dont think frigate construction will start within this year, very likely shadhinota class corvette project will see ray of light this year..

Cause the shipyard isn't there yet. Maybe they are planning to start building it from this year.

26907398_10204100442227485_8932157177159762612_n.jpg

This is the frigate offered by China to the Bangladesh Navy. Earlier the Bangladesh Navy had rejected the Type 054A based frigate as they wanted more advanced radar systems and weaponry. This new frigate is equipped with quack pack universal VLS capable of firing anti-ship, anti-air and anti-submarine torpedoes as and it has a 2x2 land attack cruise missile system as well with a range of 280 km, two triple tubes for ASW torpedoes, one 8-cell FL-3000N close-in missile system, one 130mm main gun, and one Type 730B CIWS and 2 ASW rocket launchers. It will also carry one AW159 helicopter supplied by Leonardo.

They offer you the 054B Frigate? A frigate that even Chinese PLAN themselves haven't procure yet?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom