What's new

Bangladesh Navy (BN) Ordered Two Type 056 Corvette

Type 056 Corvette

Corvette-056.jpg

This picture above shows already helipad at the back. So, why it is necessary to increase it by 10m. If the extension news is correct it must be for accomodating some other weapons to the Corvette. Someone, please find out the reality.

This picture above shows already helipad at the back. So, why it is necessary to increase it by 10m. If the extension news is correct it must be for accomodating some other weapons to the Corvette. Someone, please find out the reality.

the extra 10m is for the helicopter hanger, to store the helicopter. Not the helipad

Somewhere, I have found the specifications of the 056 Covettes. The length here shown is 95m. It means our two Corvettes will have 105m length. Weight will increase accordingly with the increase of length. However, I expect a little widening of the body for a good balance. So, these are real order-made new ships meant for BN only. It is great.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:

Type 056 corvette

Class overview
Builders: Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard
Huangpu Shipyard
Operators: People’s Liberation Army Navy
Preceded by: Type 053H3 frigate

General characteristics
Type: Corvette
Displacement: 1300 tons(empty),1800 tons max
Length: 90m(waterline),95m overall
Beam: 10m
Draft: 4.4m
Speed: 28 kts

Armament:

2× 2-cell YJ-83 (C-803) anti-ship missiles, amidships (200km range)

1× FL-3000N 8-round SAM launcher, aft(9km range)

2 x 30mm remote weapon systems , amidships

1× AK-176 main gun, forward

The Type 056 corvette is a Chinese light warship that entered service with the People’s Liberation Army Navy in 2012 as a replacement for the Jianghu class frigate and the Type 037 series of patrol vessels.

The report below also speaks of the purchase 056 Corvettes by BN. Well, it was a confirmed report, and it is now more confirmed. Click the link below to see a beautiful picture of this ship taken from air.

Chinese Navy's New Type 056 Corvette under sea trial | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Chinese Navy's New Type 056 Corvette under sea trial
Photo Source: Chinese Internet

The Type 056 corvette is a new Chinese light warship that entered service with the People's Liberation Army Navy in 2012 as a replacement for the Jianghu class frigate and the Type 037 series of patrol vessels.

The Type 056 has a stealthy hull design with sloped surface and a reduced superstructure clutter. There is a helipad at the stern but has no organic helicopter support facilities.

Currently there are 10 under construction and some of these will be stationed in Hong Kong. Another report indicated that the Bangladesh Navy has ordered 2 of these ships as well.

China rolled out new warships like hot cakes.....and I never seen such a large number of new military machines being developed by China before.. their speed of development are just stunning. In the last 6 months I was surprised to see:
1). Space Docking of the first Chinese Space Station, including the 1st Chinese female Taikonaut in space.
2). Test flight of the 2nd stealth fighter J-31
3). Commissioning of the first Chinese Carrier CV-16.
4). J-15 successfully landed on the CV-16.
I believe that China's defense industrial has finally reached a turning point after years of trial and error....

The Chinese people call this Type 056 as light frigate, but I think Corvette would be better name for it. Whats your opinion about this?

the anti air is still not good enough :(
The Chinese people call this Type 056 as light frigate, but I think Corvette would be better name for it. Whats your opinion about this?
A heavy corvette sounds better than light frigate doesn't it? ;) with this, the standard of corvette in our navy has also risen

It depends on what the navy designates the ship to be. Bangladesh's uslan class frigate is called a light frigate by the americans.

Anyway i think the chinese designates this ship as a corvette, not frigate. Their frigates are way larger

the anti air is still not good enough :(

A heavy corvette sounds better than light frigate doesn't it? ;) with this, the standard of corvette in our navy has also risen

Anti air will only improve in the distant future.

Bangladesh is currently negotiating to purchase mid range SAM, as posted in kobiraaz's corvette thread. That purchase will most probably be bought for the air force. IMO, Only after the land area gets the SAM coverage, only then i think we will get better SAM for the navy.

Anti air will only improve in the distant future.

Bangladesh is currently negotiating to purchase mid range SAM, as posted in kobiraaz's corvette thread. That purchase will most probably be bought for the air force. IMO, Only after the land area gets the SAM coverage, only then i think we will get better SAM for the navy.

Whats the point in covering the lands with SAM if they are not good enough? :undecided:

Whats the point in covering the lands with SAM if they are not good enough? :undecided:

The SAM is good enough for low flying targets. The accuracy depends on the distance/speed of the flying object.

The FM 90 is just a layer as well as the foundation of our air defence sysytem(hey we have to start somewhere) .

From what i see from the anti air puchases, bangladesh is going for a multi layered air defence system. If the mid range SAM fails to take the aircraft out and the enemy aircraft is inside bd territory, the short ranged ones will take it out

Back
Top Bottom