What's new

World Navies - Bangladesh

Old photo shot in Bangladesh 25 October 1993 showing Chinese visitor Lt Col Dong-lei (now retired) with a personnel of BN (with a bow-tie) aboard a ship of the latter :

25_34_52f001de4c8d5bd.jpg

Good for Bangladesh keep the good work brothers you guys are doing just fine.

Unfortunately Bangladesh navy has no submarines. The top priority of Bangladesh Navy should be to acquire as many submarines as possible and a naval air arm, to suppress naval movement of any potential enemies in the East Indian Ocean.

Unfortunately Bangladesh navy has no submarines. The top priority of Bangladesh Navy should be to acquire as many submarines as possible and a naval air arm, to suppress naval movement of any potential enemies in the East Indian Ocean.
many years ago China offered us submarine. Around 2000 i guess. But we could not accept the offer as there was no infrastructure to operate sub.

another Palestinian Cadet in Bangladesh Navy

312330_2387607368186_1190851450_32913016_8331921_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

palestinian + Bangladeshi Cadets

310152_2387669249733_1190851450_32913059_6942869_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

296307_2387672049803_1190851450_32913072_7214298_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

296367_2387669769746_1190851450_32913060_4238441_n.jpg

Nice pics Faarhan...good and encouraging to see our Palestinian brothers being trained in our navy. They all look smart and hard working!

However, did they come directly from Palestine? Moreover, its sad that they cannot serve in our navy full-time. Wish Palestine was a free state with its own defence force, where they could have used their training to serve their land.

We should follow France and make a 'Foreign Legion', to keep the non-BD nationals if they are willing to serve our armed forces.

Cheers!!!

i agree lets kee p a Foreign Legion in our navy,

I am happy that a poor country like ours which can not help Palestinians financially or politically, helping them with military training...... Get them prepared for tomorrow to serve in a "STATE" called Palestine..

i agree lets kee p a Foreign Legion in our navy,

It will cost our taxpayers a lot to keep a foreign legion. I dont think a foreign legion is a good idea idea for bangladesh......for now

What is the situation regarding Submarines?

- German/Turkish/S.Korea? disadvantage India has it, but then again a much modified variant can be procured.

- French Agosta "decommissioned" French can provide and upgrade though the cost could be higher, BN can get a good training in Pakistan and can get a similar or on par with Pakistani Agosta B like subs.

- Chinese?

What is the situation regarding Submarines?

- German/Turkish/S.Korea? disadvantage India has it, but then again a much modified variant can be procured.

- French Agosta "decommissioned" French can provide and upgrade though the cost could be higher, BN can get a good training in Pakistan and can get a similar or on par with Pakistani Agosta B like subs.

- Chinese?

I think it would be better for BD to go for low-observable destroyers. The BoB is relatively shallow.

Navy chief off to China

Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Z U Ahmed along with two delegation members left Dhaka on Sunday (13-03-2U11) for China to attend the inauguration ceremony of the construction works of two war ships for Bangladesh Navy in China, says a press release.

During his stay in China Navy Chief will attend the Steel Cutting Ceremony of building two Large Patrol Crafts [or Bangladesh Navy at China Ship Building and Offshore International Company Ltd.
Official website of the LPC builder

Related link

Back
Top Bottom