What's new

Bangladesh Navy (BN) Ordered Two Type 056 Corvette

The SAM is good enough for low flying targets. The accuracy depends on the distance/speed of the flying object.

The FM 90 is just a layer as well as the foundation of our air defence sysytem(hey we have to start somewhere) .

From what i see from the anti air puchases, bangladesh is going for a multi layered air defence system. If the mid range SAM fails to take the aircraft out and the enemy aircraft is inside bd territory, the short ranged ones will take it out

When it comes to defeating things like drones and cruise missiles, then short range SAMs like FM-90 can become useful.

I think they'd be getting LY-60 for medium-range SAM.

If true these will be first meaningful addition in last 4-5 years. Is there any official confirmation on these?

When it comes to defeating things like drones and cruise missiles, then short range SAMs like FM-90 can become useful.

I think they'd be getting LY-60 for medium-range SAM.

Isnt LY 60 considered mostly a short range SAM (though some claim it it to be short-medium)? Anyway since the LY 60 was displayed in the military showcase early this year, i have a feeling that they already negotiated the purchase of it. The army is not likely to put up pictures of equipment that they were currently evaluating.

I think the medium range SAM that the government is trying to buy is not LY 60. Unless, poor journalism lets me down

Great News

First ever official CGI released by the Bangladesh Navy of Type 056 New Generation Guided Missile Corvettes (FSG). Here is the finalized design of Bangladesh Navy (BN)'s Type 056 corvette....

Armaments options the Bangladesh Navy could possibly select:

1 - 76 mm AK-176 (Main gun)
2 - OTO 40 mm (CIWS)
3 - C-802 or C-803 (SSM)
4 - No VLS? (VLS)
5 - FM-90N/Crotale (SHORAD)
6 - STOP 25/30/35 mm (Auto-cannon)
7 - STAMP 12.7 mm (RCWS-MG)
8 - Yu-7 or Mu-90 (Torpedo)
9 - Z-9EC (ASW Helicopter)

Please note that Type 056 would be extended by 10 m to accommodate a helicopter hanger.

photostream

photostream

Back
Top Bottom