What's new

Bangladesh Navy (BN) Ordered Two Type 056 Corvette

sylheti-soldier

New Recruit

Reaction score
Great News

First ever official CGI released by the Bangladesh Navy of Type 056 New Generation Guided Missile Corvettes (FSG). Here is the finalized design of Bangladesh Navy (BN)'s Type 056 corvette....

Armaments options the Bangladesh Navy could possibly select:

1 - 76 mm AK-176 (Main gun)
2 - OTO 40 mm (CIWS)
3 - C-802 or C-803 (SSM)
4 - No VLS? (VLS)
5 - FM-90N/Crotale (SHORAD)
6 - STOP 25/30/35 mm (Auto-cannon)
7 - STAMP 12.7 mm (RCWS-MG)
8 - Yu-7 or Mu-90 (Torpedo)
9 - Z-9EC (ASW Helicopter)

Please note that Type 056 would be extended by 10 m to accommodate a helicopter hanger.

Great News

First ever official CGI released by the Bangladesh Navy of Type 056 New Generation Guided Missile Corvettes (FSG). Here is the finalized design of Bangladesh Navy (BN)'s Type 056 corvette....

Armaments options the Bangladesh Navy could possibly select:

1 - 76 mm AK-176 (Main gun)
2 - OTO 40 mm (CIWS)
3 - C-802 or C-803 (SSM)
4 - No VLS? (VLS)
5 - FM-90N/Crotale (SHORAD)
6 - STOP 25/30/35 mm (Auto-cannon)
7 - STAMP 12.7 mm (RCWS-MG)
8 - Yu-7 or Mu-90 (Torpedo)
9 - Z-9EC (ASW Helicopter)

Please note that Type 056 would be extended by 10 m to accommodate a helicopter hanger.

Kitharobo bhai saab! Afna Sylheti ni?...lol.

I do not think the length is the only factor that determines the class of a boat. Perhaps, a boat needs some other teeths, including the length, to designate it a frigate. But, in some other thread Roybot of India explained that many navies use different terms for the same class of boat. Now, give me some lesson about the strength of all the teeth Sylhet-soldier has written. what are the functions of the weapons on board. I mean what this corvette can do with its weapons to an enemy ship?

I do not think the length is the only factor that determines the class of a boat. Perhaps, a boat needs some other teeths, including the length, to designate it a frigate. But, in some other thread Roybot of India explained that many navies use different terms for the same class of boat. Now, give me some lesson about the strength of all the teeth Sylhet-soldier has written. what are the functions of the weapons on board. I mean what this corvette can do with its weapons to an enemy ship?

I read somewhere that it costs around $50-70 million a piece; considering that it provides a lot of value-for-money ! Its got decent ASuW, ASW & AAW capabilities. It might not measure up to a frigate's firepower but its not something to be taken lightly. Think of it as a Frigate meets an FAC thing with it leaning more towards the Frigate side of things.

Type 056 Corvette

Corvette-056.jpg

Back
Top Bottom