What's new

Bangladesh-Myanmar sea limits verdict Wed

In my opinion, Bangladesh should not accept a negotiated bilateral solution with India, on the maritime boundary or any other issue. Since we accepted a court verdict with Myanmar, we will have to do the same with India, file a lawsuit in the same UN court, hire the best lawyer and experts to present our case and then accept the courts un-appeal-able verdict. We need to internationalize all India related bilateral issues, as most likely we will not get a fair bilateral solution with India.

In my opinion, Bangladesh should not accept a negotiated bilateral solution with India, on the maritime boundary or any other issue. Since we accepted a court verdict with Myanmar, we will have to do the same with India, file a lawsuit in the same UN court, hire the best lawyer and experts to present our case and then accept the courts un-appeal-able verdict. We need to internationalize all India related bilateral issues, as most likely we will not get a fair bilateral solution with India.

If a court verdict is that much easy for every one so China is not able to claim even a single island in south china sea

If a court verdict is that much easy for every one so China is not able to claim even a single island in south china sea

But it's a good idea nevertheless. People in both India and Bangladesh would no longer point fingers at their respective governments for "selling their countries interests".

But it's a good idea nevertheless. People in both India and Bangladesh would no longer point fingers at their respective governments for "selling their countries interests".

Ya its good but I already said its not easy... but again its not that easy again India

Agreeing with you completely, I would like to point out that conniving Indians historically show bi-lateral mode when they think that international judgment wouldn't go to their favor. Say it about with PAK that hasn't derived any fruits for above 60+ years. And technically Indians get license to nurture their deception through it as they possess more resources to drag the matter along with simultaneous multi-directed punches in order to bring the other stake holder into submission. We shouldn't accept any bi-literal offer from Indians as it is akin to axing on own foot..

If we have a compromise solution with India on the maritime boundary dispute then we must do the same with Myanmar and if we don't then they will definitely attack us ......... There cannot be any bilateral deal or a multilateral one. We must go by the court verdict ......

I have a feeling that India has told Myanmar to back off so that a compromise solution can be worked out with New Delhi. If Bangladesh rejects India's proposal for a negotiated settlement regarding the maritime boundary dispute then Myanmar will get the go ahead to attack ......

Since Indians have completely ignored my comment I must assume that it is correct .....

In the war senario Bangladesh should use their ultimate weapon against Myanmar. Illegal migrants. ;)

In the war senario Bangladesh should use their ultimate weapon against Myanmar. Illegal migrants. ;)

We can be sure that India will try their level best using any opportunity, imagined or otherwise, to make sure that Bangladesh and Myanmar do not develop a good mutual working relationship. After all Myanmar provides us the only opportunity through a land border to break free from total land blockade by India on all three sides. So it is in their interest to block this last escape route for us, so they can keep as much control over our matters as possible. On this one issue we are actually allied with the Chinese, as our land route to China goes through Myanmar. Once a good land route to China and rest of ASEAN is established via Myanmar, it will help us to reduce and offset our dependence on trade with India. Instead of being a captive market for Indian goods, in Bangladesh Indian products will then have to compete with Chinese and ASEAN products in price and quality.

If BAL comes to power next term, consider everything to be done bilaterally.:taz:

On this one issue we are actually allied with the Chinese, as our land route to China goes through Myanmar. Once a good land route to China and rest of ASEAN is established via Myanmar, it will help us to reduce and offset our dependence on trade with India. Instead of being a captive market for Indian goods, in Bangladesh Indian products will then have to compete with Chinese and ASEAN products in price and quality.

China doesn't trust AL, and I guess they have lost faith in BNP when they opened the Taiwanese consulate (contrary to official recognition of "One China"). Heck, China is so sensitive about these issues that they blacklisted our university when the frail old Dalai Lama visited for a single day.

So I don't think China cares about developing a strategic relationship with us.

China doesn't trust AL, and I guess they have lost faith in BNP when they opened the Taiwanese consulate (contrary to official recognition of "One China"). Heck, China is so sensitive about these issues that they blacklisted our university when the frail old Dalai Lama visited for a single day.

So I don't think China cares about developing a strategic relationship with us.

What kind of a moron let Dalai Lama enter Bangladesh?

What kind of a moron let Dalai Lama enter Bangladesh?

No you got it wrong, lol.
BD did something worse than inviting Dalai Lama. Some years ago, GoB opened the Taiwanese consulate in BD, which goes against the One China policy, one that even India supports.

No you got it wrong, lol.
BD did something worse than inviting Dalai Lama. Some years ago, GoB opened the Taiwanese consulate in BD, which goes against the One China policy, one that even India supports.

i guess bnp was trying to suck upto usa and india

i guess bnp was trying to suck upto usa and india

Or maybe it's just Taiwanese money talking. ;) Our politicians can do anything for money and vote. You can go do Umrah 10 times a year and get easy votes from lots of uneducated Muslims.

Or maybe it's just Taiwanese money talking. ;) Our politicians can do anything for money and vote. You can go do Umrah 10 times a year and get easy votes from lots of uneducated Muslims.

yeah that too.

Back
Top Bottom