What's new

BD-India maritime boundary verdict on July 2

BD is too smart to allow India such a free lunch. BoB belongs to Bangladesh. Go back to Indian Ocean, India where you can save your skin.

I hope you know that the Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal are considered part of the Indian Ocean. Just like how Bangladesh is now considered a part of India.:enjoy:

I have little knowledge about the dispute.

But India has taken a similar position as Myanmar in the Myanmar-Bangladesh dispute. Since Myanmar lost that dispute, India will also probably lose this one.

My guess is that the verdict will be in favour of India. Reason: India is using the same argument which Bangladesh used when it won a similar verdict against Myanmar (Bangladesh is using Myanmar's argument now).

o_O :what:

I hope you know that the Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal are considered part of the Indian Ocean. Just like how Bangladesh is now considered a part of India.:enjoy:

Indian Ocean is called INDIAN LAKE & BD is called INDIAN COLONY :D

My guess is that the verdict will be in favour of India. Reason: India is using the same argument which Bangladesh used when it won a similar verdict against Myanmar (Bangladesh is using Myanmar's argument now).

India is using the equidistance apporach for delimitation. Bangladesh wants the proportionality approach owing to the conclave nature of the coast.

In the descision against Myanmar ITLOS had taken a middle path. I believe similar will be the case this time.

In the Hague, hey India is 1 - 0 against Pakistan...
Now thankless BD is trying its luck, after initiating a dispute in the international fora, despite getting billion dollars from India...

India is using the equidistance apporach for delimitation. Bangladesh wants the proportionality approach owing to the conclave nature of the coast.

In the descision against Myanmar ITLOS had taken a middle path. I believe similar will be the case this time.
if you check, you will see india's claim is above Bangladeshi's sundarban area, so surely India is going to lose some of its claim like Myanmar
Bay_dispute-water.jpg

Back
Top Bottom