What's new

Bangladesh Building Frigates with Chinese help - Indian Defence Magazine

West Bengal makes a Corvette of 2500 Tons while the Other Bengal makes Corvettes of 260 Tons.

10*East= West

Speaks Volumes of How much Bangladesh ruined themselves under Pakistan and remaining Independent!

West bengal is making those corvette's with the help and funding of other 28 states.

Btw a corvette's mass is more than 550 tons.

Bangladesh with this corvettes coming How many total Frigates and Corvettes will Bangladesh have by 2020? and is their plan to get some latest warplanes in Large Number This question is for all people of Bangladesh on this forum

He wants Kolkata to be reunited with Bengal.... i guess...

To show the Real Position of Kolkata in front of the Mighty BD :hang3:

A Banglaman said this:

Please do not make fun of your own poor and technologically backward country, India just for the sake of trolling. It is not enjoyable. Please stick to the topic if you are not jealous of Bangladesh.

FORCE-A Complete News Magazine on National Security-Defence Magazine,Indian Defence,AERO India 2011 Bangalore Bengaluru,magazine on Indian navy,Indian Army,Indian Air Force,Indian Paramilitary forces,Naxalism,Jammu & Kashmir,terrorism,national securi

FEATURE/REPORT
Industrial Embrace
Khulna Shipyard signs a contract for five IPV and seven guided-missile corvettes with CSOC
By Prasun K. Sengupta

Subsequently, Bangladesh’s Parliamentary Standing Committee in June 2009 agreed in principle to approve a 10-year force modernisation programme (known as the ‘deterrent force’ and to be fully realised by 2021), under which the Bangladesh Navy would acquire two stealthy FFGs, seven guided-missile corvettes, three large OPVs equipped with helicopter decks, 12 maritime patrol craft, one DIESEL ELECTRIC SUBMARINE, two landing craft (utility), two hydrographic survey ships, one salvage vessel, five coastal IPVs, and new-generation anti-ship cruise missiles (Otomat Mk2 Block 4 from MBDA and C-802A from CPMIEC) and short-range air-defence systems (FN-90N) for installation on board the Navy’s existing FFGs — BNS Osman and BNS Bangabandhu.

Note that the submarine will be DIESEL-ELECTRIC. I went through the Internet and found the link be low to see that such a submarine makes sound when it moves. But, then it switches off its diesel engine and turn on its electric motor when it is near the enemy ships. So, it seems that BN is studying all the aspects of the new machines and is making the best purchases that its money can give. Please read the link below for having an insight:

This is from Carlton Meyer's new book: The Spectrum of Future Warfare

One of the greatest threats to modern warships are diesel-electric "DE" submarines. They use their powerful diesel engines to deploy, but switch to electric and run on batteries to hide. They can only cruise six knots with battery power, yet they are nearly impossible to detect. Compare the heat and noise emitted by a gas-powered lawn mower to that of an electric fan and you get the idea. If they stop completely and sit on the bottom, they are impossible to find as they produce no propeller noise or water disruption. DE subs can do this in straits or sea lanes and listen for the sound of large ships. If one comes in range, it can float upwards to periscope depth and take a look, and fire torpedoes if it desires.

The only way to destroy DE subs is to catch them in route to their hunting grounds, or when they recharge their batteries every few days by running their diesel engines. Another weakness is they have an endurance of only two months, meaning they need to visit a port or a submarine tender for fuel, food, and other support. Finding and sinking DE subs requires patience and the right equipment. Fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters can be used, but they have limited endurance and generate a lot of noise that warns DE subs to hide.

Bangladesh Navy has Ordered 3 large Fast Missile Crafts From China ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS
Are these the same corvettes or which are mentioned in this post are different and more ?

I am confused.............

As there are many sources saying China has started building two 600 ton patrol vessel for Bangladesh.... But there is no description available of the boat... some Chinese Blog suggested that those ships are like this.........

200931d14c1112fv16kmty.jpg

Now this thread tells us Bangladesh is getting SEVEN 270 ton missile boat..... If it is really 270 ton then we are getting this

New+Chinese+Type-022+large+missile+crafts.jpg

Now we are not sure, as our Navy announced nothing....................

I am confused.............

As there are many sources saying China has started building two 600 ton patrol vessel for Bangladesh.... But there is no description available of the boat... some Chinese Blog suggested that those ships are like this.........

[Now we are not sure, as our Navy announced nothing....................

Ahha, finally someone reached close to reality! Although I would love to think all of these news are true, reality is nothing has been confirmed from any source.

Not bragging. You just have it coming when you say things like this.

I said that? Really?

It was one of your own countrymen that started the whole mud-slinging thing in the first place. Why come here the 'poor me' syndrome?

Its sad and bad news for India. Its total loss for India. Indian govt should have won this contract. Instead of china making ship for BD it would be better for us, if India would have assisting BD in making ship for them..

Bloody politicians (Indian politicians), they loose every time.

Small hearted some of you lot can be.

Again, this is about Bangladesh procuring and developing vessels with China, not about the Indian Navy. And if that upsets you, you can always complain in China defense and ask them to not work with us.

I said that? Really?

It was one of your own countrymen that started the whole mud-slinging thing in the first place. Why come here the 'poor me' syndrome?

Lol?

What made you troll here?

On topic: these are 6th 7th generation craft and out of Indian league. You can take our Royal Navy Frigates that we are decomissioing soon. That will give you some idea of how technologically advanced ship operates.

Thanks.

When you need "help" to make some Frigates, you don't go around trying to belittle others who can do it themselves.

Liquid was just setting the record straight.

Sure sure, The post I quoted is your countryman's no? If you want to talk about individuals - I noticed you thanked it too.

Yeah, that was in response to one of your own countrymen bragging about his country. And frankly, I do not approve the kind of relationship India has with the AL.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Once again, you can get back on topic

Back
Top Bottom