What's new

Bangladesh Building Frigates with Chinese help - Indian Defence Magazine

During Pakistan time it was Prime Minister H.S Suhrawardy (from eastern wing) who established a strong relationship with China. He was accompanied by Maulana Bhasani and Sk. Mujib when he visited China during his tenure (sometime in 1958) as the PM of Pakistan.

After the 1971 war, China maintained this relationship strong with the present-day Pakistan. But, it cooled with Bangladesh. This was reversed by President Ziaur Rahman of Bangladesh, who established a strong friendeship with China sometime around 1976.

Since then China has been steadily selling us all types of armaments. Our military hardwares are mostly from China, but there are a few exceptions. The latest decision to sell naval vessels and missiles will enhance our defence capability.

However, we need a few units of submarines from any source. Bd is not here to make any offensive war, we are not capable to do that. We are a peace loving nation. However, we need a deterrent force that will cause our two enemies to think twice before making a direct assault to capture our wealth in the BoB.

However, we need a few units of submarines from any source. Bd is not here to make any offensive war, we are not capable to do that. We are a peace loving nation. However, we need a deterrent force that will cause our two enemies to think twice before making a direct assault to capture our wealth in the BoB.
There had been a story of BN purchasing 4 Type-209 refurbed-SUBs from Turkish Navy in BDMIL at around 2006 but no confirmation from GOB or ISPR. Similarly all the recent disseminations of the acquisition of MIL-Hardware through BDMIL couldn't be confirmed from Mil's-top brasses either. And for any answer of such quests was referred to BDMIL. As army was in complete Bharati hand and BDMIL was known to be a lie factory that led us playing on the same hand, it would be reasonable not to believe in anything came out of it, especially that couldn't be verified and vouched by patriotic group of army.

Since the above write up would draw criticism, I would ask whether it would be wise to live in foolish paradise or be aware of the real situation, thanks.

There had been a story of BN purchasing 4 Type-209 refurbed-SUBs from Turkish Navy in BDMIL at around 2006 but no confirmation from GOB or ISPR. Similarly all the recent disseminations of the acquisition of MIL-Hardware through BDMIL couldn't be confirmed from Mil's-top brasses either. And for any answer of such quests was referred to BDMIL. As army was in complete Bharati hand and BDMIL was known to be a lie factory that led us playing on the same hand, it would be reasonable not to believe in anything came out of it, especially that couldn't be verified and vouched by patriotic group of army.

Since the above write up would draw criticism, I would ask whether it would be wise to live in foolish paradise or be aware of the real situation, thanks.

I am not going to say a word about your out of context ranting in most of the threads about the govt, and now against our military in this thread. I pity you for your one track mind, it is childish and degrades your posts. One thing is sure, BD has already ordered a single unit of submarine, but, no one is aware of the source of supply. Our defence ministry is too secretive.

Very seldom I have found this ministry to come out open with its purchasing order. The sources are mostly insidous news or from foreign defence journals. But, the submarine purchasing matter was declared by the present PM at the opening ceremony of a new airforce base in or near Cox's Bazaar last year. I have posted the relevant news to a thread.

BD is building a new naval base in Mognama in Chakoria. I have reason to suspect, the submarine base will also be built there. The 1st unit is very important, because it will train many sailors. It is almost impossible for any country, specially a poor one like BD, to start submarine operations with four units, because the infrastructure is not present there.

Most of posts suggested that India as potent threat for BD. Actually India never having intention to attack BD if its real v have been done it long back (1971) ryt , EVEN BD doesn't having resources then wat is need of war. India may want/like Nepal ,bhutan ,Tibet to merge with us in future but never BD for sure .

It is not what you are talking. India is a threat to BD because India is a big neighbour and because India has positioned 300,000 troops around us. It is not that India will try to take over us by force, because this is an impossible task for India. But, the issue remains with India's ability to bully us with a superior military surrounding us, and IMPOSE ITS WILL AT EASE ON US. This is why BD needs to improve on its military, so that the perceived Indian threat is reduced or balanced.

1971 was different. It is our people and Mukti Bahini who supported Indian troops. Hope, that event will not encourage Indian military to do something foolish in the future. Because, it will be a disaster for India. It will certainly not be a walk over, you can rest assured of it.

I am not going to say a word about your out of context ranting in most of the threads about the govt, and now against our military in this thread. I pity you for your one track mind, it is childish and degrades your posts. One thing is sure, BD has already ordered a single unit of submarine, but, no one is aware of the source of supply. Our defence ministry is too secretive.

Very seldom I have found this ministry to come out open with its purchasing order. The sources are mostly insidous news or from foreign defence journals. But, the submarine purchasing matter was declared by the present PM at the opening ceremony of a new airforce base in or near Cox's Bazaar last year. I have posted the relevant news to a thread.

BD is building a new naval base in Mognama in Chakoria. I have reason to suspect, the submarine base will also be built there. The 1st unit is very important, because it will train many sailors. It is almost impossible for any country, specially a poor one like BD, to start submarine operations with four units, because the infrastructure is not present there.
Without getting personal, I would like to ask whether Nabab's Bengali soldiers like Umi Chad, Mir Jafar, Roy Durlab, Yar Latif betrayed and caused 190 yrs. of enslavement of fellows or not? How about Pak-Army's of Bengali origin conspired with Bharatis in Agartala to break PAK up? And after returning from Bharati Mil-Academy, why did traitor Ershad get complicit in murdering Zia that happened to promote himself ? And lastly what made bastard MUA to betray his promoter and caused the near-destruction her party? Now tell me whether the record of the betryal of 2 hundred yrs is enough to be suspicious or not against BD-MIL?

Then your complain about degradation doesn't hold any water since State to state Mil-purchase needs to be disseminated by UN law. And go check whether Turkey had 4 German made old Subs or not? In order to make it believe, refurbished word was added that I mentioned in the above post.

And just to support 1 Sub's purchase, you claimed BD as poor country but in many occasions you called it richer than IND that had bought numerous Subs? One can see your 180 degree polti here but nevertheless, I would help you to understand the cost-performance issue. The price of 4 Type 209 Refurbed SUBs from TURK would be similar/cheaper than a new type 212-4 one from Germany. So, if one is used to train then remaining 3 others could be used for naval patrol, understand? So, what seems more feasible to you, the new 1 or Refurbed 4 from friendly country?

In post #3 of this thread Faarhan was wondering why in the list of Indian Magazine there is no mention of our order of 600 DWT vessels? It seems, that the 3 large 600 DWT Fast Missile Crafts that the news in the Asian Defence News says are those items that the BN has already ordered at the beginning of this year.

BN has many other vessels in its procurement list. But, it is impossible for any single news report to contain all the items. As such, the Indian Magazine report contains only a few of them. That is why it did not mention these huge fast attack missile crafts. It has not also mentioned about the other smaller missile crafts that our Khulna Shipyard is building with Chinese collaboration.
So you want to say that these 3 are in addition those 7 ordered that makes them 10 am I right ?

Very seldom I have found this ministry to come out open with its purchasing order. The sources are mostly insidous news or from foreign defence journals.

Pure BS. Because

when Bangladesh purchased frigate from Korea and Saudi govt provided fund during last Awami regime it was announced.
When last Awami regime purchased mig 29 it was announced.
When Bangladesh bought F-7 fighters during last BNP govt it was widely announced.
When BAF inducted radar station to extend coverage on whole country it was announced.
When Bangladesh upgraded frigate and inducted C-802, it was announced.
When Bangladesh purchased MPA it was announced.
When Bangladesh purchased petrol boats from UK it was announced.

But no announcement on your fantasy list! Because these are fantasy and Bangladesh defense forces have better things to do and deal with whats rean than dancing with fantasy tune.

Bangladesh Navy has Ordered 3 large Fast Missile Crafts From China ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS
Are these the same corvettes or which are mentioned in this post are different and more ?

I am not an expert in military weapons. But, I have found in some other Forum that Bangladesh has already ordered 3 units of 600 DWT Large Patrol Craft (LPC) from China before June this year. I think, the 3 Large Fast Missile Crafts that your link speaks of are the same as the 3 LPCs that I am talking about.

I am not an expert in military weapons. But, I have found in some other Forum that Bangladesh has already ordered 3 units of 600 DWT Large Patrol Craft (LPC) from China before June this year. I think, the 3 Large Fast Missile Crafts that your link speaks of are the same as the 3 LPCs that I am talking about.
Authenticity of the news is in doubt since AD'S (Asian Defence) author has referred BMF as its source. But for argument's sake, even if we accept it, still then question arises like why is so much emphasis on making naval teeth sharper to provoke Burmese than having deterrence against real enemy? Isn't the 'Looking East' an existential issue for BD, for which Burmese land would be vital? So, what's the rationale behind provoking Burmese?

FUA in his tenure, picked on Burmese by sending Frigates to push 'Exploratory Burmese' back but when their authority started to roar, I observed that very quickly BD's mercenaries lowered their tune of war cry. Furthermore, by sending such massage, RAWAMY stooges in one hand are extending their pupeteering by weakening another bit of BD's nationhood but strengthening Burmese by letting them to reach out Bharaties. Which also implies that BDian's dream of extending independence has continually being blackmailed and hijacked by the same stooges.

Bangladesh need a really Strong Air Force and also Navy and than Army too because I don't see their relations with India and Burma improving as a matter of fact I think it will deterioration more so they need to develop their Armed Forces on emergency bases or other wise they will have to face worst emergency that is WAR

Bangladesh need a really Strong Air Force and also Navy and than Army too because I don't see their relations with India and Burma improving as a matter of fact I think it will deterioration more so they need to develop their Armed Forces on emergency bases or other wise they will have to face worst emergency that is WAR

I am sure in post-Junta Burma (if it ever happens), relations will become much better, and I am seeing this going into that direction.

As far as India is concerned, nothing too serious at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom