What's new

Bangladesh bid for closer ties with China irks India

We want to leave in peace. We want to prosper. But our neighbor does not allow any neighbor or Muslims to prosper or live in peace.

Stupidity like this is what keeps your country backward, not India or US.

India is just pretending to be irked with the development, infact I wouldn't be surprised if Bangladesh is trying to get close to China at the behest of India. BNP and Jamaat have sold out to the Americans and are bending over backwards to give the Americans a Naval base in the Bay of Bengal, a naval base clearly directed at the Chinese in the short term, and admittedly not in India's interest either in the long run.

The Chinese have obviously got a whiff of this, and they are now firmly backing the BAL government. China along with India will make sure BAL government stays in power in Bangladesh in the next few years to come. Bye bye BNP and Jamaat :coffee:
AFAIK, US already has a deep sea port with berthing facilities in the island of Diego Garcia in the Andaman and Nicobar. It does not make sense to have another base at such a close proximity. Specially in a country which in previously denied request made by the US to participate in the Afghan occupation troops(coalition, for rebuilding Afghanistan). Plus a US battle fleet is well capable enough to travel all the way to Philippines, where they have a permanent base from Diego Garcia without having to make a single stop for resupplying.

AFAIK, US already has a deep sea port with berthing facilities in the island of Diego Garcia in the Andaman and Nicobar. It does not make sense to have another base at such a close proximity. Specially in a country which in previously denied request made by the US to participate in the Afghan occupation troops(coalition, for rebuilding Afghanistan). Plus a US battle fleet is well capable enough to travel all the way to Philippines, where they have a permanent base from Diego Garcia without having to make a single stop for resupplying.
hello Alif, welcome to PDF :) introduce yourself in members introduction section

They need it for monitoring the missile testing done by India and China.Also they want to spy on China.

They need it for monitoring the missile testing done by India and China.Also they want to spy on China.
Well, IMHO, i dont really think they have a good shot at it, i mean the people charged with the responsibility of defence of Bangladesh know very well that, we'll have alot to lose if a US base is allowed to operated from within Bangladesh, I mean we have no strategic ties with them all of our defence procurements are from China/Russia. If its spying/influence in the ares they want Myanmar's sittwe would've been an ideal location, 3 birds, one stone.

Well, IMHO, i dont really think they have a good shot at it, i mean the people charged with the responsibility of defence of Bangladesh know very well that, we'll have alot to lose if a US base is allowed to operated from within Bangladesh, I mean we have no strategic ties with them all of our defence procurements are from China/Russia. If its spying/influence in the ares they want Myanmar's sittwe would've been an ideal location, 3 birds, one stone.
Indeed,If BD allows a base it will piss of both China,Russia and offcourse India.

You seem to be a sane Bangladeshi,I started to think that BD's have a very low iq after reading posts of so many jamatii's on this forum.Now create a introductory thread and introduce yourself in the relevant section. :D

Indeed,If BD allows a base it will piss of both China,Russia and offcourse India.

You seem to be a sane Bangladeshi,I started to think that BD's have a very low iq after reading posts of so many jamatii's on this forum.Now create a introductory thread and introduce yourself in the relevant section. :D
Pro Bangladeshi's are often mistaken for Jamaatis, a common misconception exaggerated/blown out of proportions by AL. Cheers.

Pro Bangladeshi's are often mistaken for Jamaatis, a common misconception exaggerated/blown out of proportions by AL. Cheers.
Not true,There are many anti Indians BD's on this forum which i dont consider as Jamati's because they think with there brains and do no try to find conspiracy theories in everything.
For e.x. @BDforever

Not true,There are many anti Indians BD's on this forum which i dont consider as Jamati's because they think with there brains and do no try to find conspiracy theories in everything.
For e.x. @BDforever
and i have plan to annex India :devil:

For e.x. @BDforever
Well i meant that i general, off course there are exceptions. The current scenario is of that nature, such as to if ur a Bangladeshi and u oppose secularism or the ideologies of AL ur branded as a Jamaati. Well there are still rational people, who are anti-India. This has nothing to do with Pakistan and the history we share. Its about the interest of present Bangladesh which supersedes our past. I for the record fall into that category, nothing personal though. There is a saying which goes like "A country held hostage by its past cannot usher in its present or shine in the future" and AL has been living off of its founders name for too long now. Now if that makes me a jamaati, then im guilty.

Deigo Garcia is no where near Andaman and Nicobars or the Bay of Bengal. Its located in the Central Indian Ocean south of Maldives.

GS-3.gif

Deigo Garcia is no where near Andaman and Nicobars or the Bay of Bengal. Its located in the Central Indian Ocean south of Maldives.

GS-3.gif
My bad, but nonetheless isnt the US fleet based there capable enough to insert enough influence in the area around BoB? Isnt their Virginia and Los Angeles class subs enough to keep tabs on the area?

We want to leave in peace. We want to prosper. But our neighbor does not allow any neighbor or Muslims to prosper or live in peace.
Sir I told you this before Sir I don't know what are your views about Pakistan but you can't trust India you need to increase your Armed Forces and also improve economy and focus on Air Force and Army specially and also get 5 latest Submarines for your Navy along with few more Frigates and Corvettes you should have at least 250 + latest Fighter Jets and 100s more Tanks for your Army along with latest Artillery

My bad, but nonetheless isnt the US fleet based there capable enough to insert enough influence in the area around BoB? Isnt their Virginia and Los Angeles class subs enough to keep tabs on the area?

Their aim is not to control the BoB but to target China. A Carrier fleet parked in CHT can provide air cover to any long range bombing mission that would fly over the region.

Read this, and the CBSA report its referring to, you ll get the idea.

Saurav Jha's Blog : Blog: Why does America want a base in Bangladesh? (And why India isn't amused)

Sir I told you this before Sir I don't know what are your views about Pakistan but you can't trust India you need to increase your Armed Forces and also improve economy and focus on Air Force and Army specially and also get 5 latest Submarines for your Navy along with few more Frigates and Corvettes you should have at least 250 + latest Fighter Jets and 100s more Tanks for your Army along with latest Artillery
While your at it..import a dozen regiments of pakistans finest export .....talibs

Back
Top Bottom