What's new

China wants to boost Bangladesh economy

Dead as in six foot under ground pushing up daisies! The last rights! As in Still Another Asswipe Regional Corpse! There is no need for it period.

Why don't you go for a walk kid ....really relaxes the brain :-)

Indeed, SAARC is as dead as India's hope to become a regional hegemon using this useless regional whatever.

Why don't you go for a walk kid ....really relaxes the brain :-)

This coming from someone who thinks SAARC is anything but dead!!! LOL, a defunct organisation that's nothing but talk shop, with countries that vary from distrust to hate, I think you really need to check out a shrink! :undecided:

This coming from someone who thinks SAARC is anything but dead!!! LOL, a defunct organisation that's nothing but talk shop, with countries that vary from distrust to hate, I think you really need to check out a shrink! :undecided:

i said SAARC nations kid not the organisation.....sheeeesh :rolleyes:

i said SAARC nations kid not the organisation.....sheeeesh :rolleyes:

Not much of a difference "grandad", there is huge distrust of india from it's regional neighbours. Now with a fascist right wing hindu leader in charge, this ain't gonna get any better.

Not much of a difference "grandad", there is huge distrust of india from it's regional neighbours. Now with a fascist right wing hindu leader in charge, this ain't gonna get any better.

China should also take your illegals.

A mini-Bangladesh in China would be awesome.

yah if we listen to your words kid we are gonna end up in stone age while the west gets all the benefits......our leaders are more saner than you so just shut it!!! :tdown:

yah if we listen to your words kid we are gonna end up in stone age while the west gets all the benefits......our leaders are more saner than you so just shut it!!! :tdown:
Sane! Doubt it, even the india lovin Hasina jetted off to China to avoid having to be seen shaking hands with Adolf Modi. The west is yesterday's news, it's all Asia now, an the big kahuna in Asia is China, so STFU an learn to live with it.

Our future is to the east an ASEAN nations, that's where the growth is!

China should also take your illegals.

A mini-Bangladesh in China would be awesome.

Na, it's actually a mini China in Bangladesh, :p: plane loads of Chinese are flying in these days to see how they can invest here. The more they move up in industrial development, the more they are looking to shift production to Bangladesh.:yahoo:

Last edited:
Still trying to hoist that dead Dhodho on us? You can keep SAARC, it was a crap idea from the start, none of the regional neighbours of india trust her. Glad to see the Bangladeshi government realising that only China has the funds and the tech to support our growth.

Well the main problem with SAARC is that it has barred its members from discussing the bilateral disputes in the regional forum, now that doesn't make sense since if you really want to cooperate you first need to resolve those disputes. India is actually afraid that the other members would unite against it and ultimately India would be cornered in SAARC. SAARC charter doesn't seem to change as you need unanimous votes of the members, the only solution looks to be the inclusion of China that would make it more active and balanced.

Well the main problem with SAARC is that it has barred its members from discussing the bilateral disputes in the regional forum, now that doesn't make sense since if you really want to cooperate you first need to resolve those disputes. India is actually afraid that the other members would unite against it and ultimately India would be cornered in SAARC. SAARC charter doesn't seem to change as you need unanimous votes of the members, the only solution looks to be the inclusion of China that would make it more active and balanced.

SAARC is dead, China will not become part of it:
Abe's Strategy: Rearrange Region's Power Balance | Page 19

Pardon my ignorance but couldn't find anything related to SAARC there, though I liked the idea of expanding the scope of SCO.

You could not find any mention of SAARC there, because I consider it useless waste of time. Instead the idea I presented there I believe is the alternative to SAARC that has a future, as it is a vision the Chinese would promote and lead and will not allow India to be part of it, at least not the military alliance part of it. India will of course be engaged with trade and commerce.

You could not find any mention of SAARC there, because I consider it useless waste of time. Instead the idea I presented there I believe is the alternative to SAARC that has a future, as it is a vision the Chinese would promote and lead and will not allow India to be part of it, at least not the military alliance part of it. India will of course be engaged with trade and commerce.

That could be a good idea but is SCO free from the institutional problems that I mentioned about SAARC? I don't know much about SCO but is there anything in it's charter regarding the disputes among its member states? In the proposal, you recommended to include Myanmar (part of ASEAN) in the forum with whom we have some ongoing disputes. Would Bangladesh and Myanmar be able to cooperate under the forum?

That could be a good idea but is SCO free from the institutional problems that I mentioned about SAARC? I don't know much about SCO but is there anything in it's charter regarding the disputes among its member states? In the proposal, you recommended to include Myanmar (part of ASEAN) in the forum with whom we have some ongoing disputes. Would Bangladesh and Myanmar be able to cooperate under the forum?

SCO is not going to be a regional union like ASEAN or Eurasion Union (led by Russia). As soon as China becomes a peer power to the US in 15-20 years, they will be ready to end their policy of Nonintervention:
Can Nonintervention-ist East Asian states reign in an Intervention-ist India?
and start a NATO like military alliance in Asia, using the SCO as the starting platform. We will be in the first batch to join this alliance.

As for the dispute resolution regarding Rohingya refugees between Bangladesh and Myanmar, it has to be done under the supervision of China, ASEAN and OIC, long before that time. Although Myanmar is currently being wooed by the US and India is helping that effort, I believe Myanmar will not burn its bridges with China, it cannot afford to. So in the long term both Myanmar and Bangladesh will turn out to be in the China led camp, and it will be good to resolve our differences sooner than later. For Bangladesh to pick a fight with Myanmar will always help anti-China interest and I don't think we should support India backed Awami Leagues tendency to promote this kind of anti-China and pro-India interest for the long term interest of our nation.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom