What's new

Bangladesh Army select Turkish Hisar-o as MRSAM

If the news is true technically we are already in 2020 less then 4 months so we may get it within 2.5 years
can't remember when Bangladesh started seeking MRSAM but recent acquisition were western like Thales ground maser radar GDF-009 with skyguard radar inducted by 2020 . Myanmar military buildup is concerning but not threatening as we are much more better trained professional arm forces compare to those monkey .:cheers:
Myanmar armed forces is trained by the mighty Israel. Israeli armed forces provides the best of military training. They even trains Indian army personnel.

Myanmar armed forces is trained by the mighty Israel. Israeli armed forces provides the best of military training. They even trains Indian army personnel.

:-)

Israel can train all they want. Tatmadaw personnel need the aptitude and brains to take that sort of small-scale training which I doubt is the case.

Israelis also don't specialize in jungle warfare tactics being what Israel is.

And having a few well-trained commandos and the rest being child soldiers really doesn't mean a lot. Means even less when they have to operate modern weapons systems with SENSORS and ELECTRONICS. Is not the same as tending to water buffalo.

Hisar means Fortress And tower in Turkish. For example Rumeli Hisarı https://images.app.goo.gl/jy4xUo4ghq1vMAb86
Bala Hisar - Peshwar

3225FC0F-E584-4EA9-93C2-CACE785CC7DB.jpeg
C8EEBE45-FB79-4D86-A375-D75547FE673A.jpeg

cool.

in Urdu its loosely translated as a circle or boundary
Protective circle or encirclement

Whether this particular rumor is true or not @UKBengali looks like he was correct.

Bangladesh may become a sizeable customer for Turkish defence systems going forward.

InshAllah.
As far as I understand, they don't want to depended to the big players like US, Russia and specially China...
India is an ally for Bangladesh but still because of Indian demands and bullying, they really don't trust India neither.
Turkey is a reliable and trustworthy ally, we are friendly... we don't care about their regional problems, and we don't bully our costumers.
That's why it is logical for them to buy from us, Hope we will even see more defence aggrements with them.

As far as I understand, they don't want to depended to the big players like US, Russia and specially China...
India is an ally for Bangladesh but still because of Indian demands and bullying, they really don't trust India neither.
Turkey is a reliable and trustworthy ally, we are friendly... we don't care about their regional problems, and we don't bully our costumers.
That's why it is logical for them to buy from us, Hope we will even see more defence aggrements with them.

India is not an ally of bangladesh. It can never be friend to any muslim country and is actively allied with the likes of israel.

BD is seeking to diversify away from particularly China for whom we are currently the second biggest customer of weaponary.

BD is looking everywhere to buy the best within our means and also purchase weapons from sources without strings. Turkey and indonesia being muslims countries represents safe sources and BD is progressively moving that way.

Big ticket items such as frigates, subs and jets we will still have to rely on established players. However it is my dearest wish that BD takes the plunge and partner with indonesia and turkey on some joint venturers.

Muslims can not rely on anyone else as has been proven time and again.

I hope BD buys these missiles because of their state of art Technology. Turkey develops many critical Technologies and weapons and needs money. Not many people in Turkey defence forums consider about developing and serial production process need too much money. We have more than 600 projects going on and 20-30 of them really big projects like fighter jets,helicopters,subs,frigates, long range missiles,uavs,tank etc. Do anyone think Turkey have enough money for all of them?
We need partners for our projects this is our reality. It comes very logical for Turkey to sold it BD. We want to enter new markets and this is very good way to show our potential.

Last edited:
Acc to this info, Bangladesh officials visted Roketsan institute. A deal will signed for Hisar-O soon.

In sha Allah. Thanks for the confirmation brother!

On a side note, a fantastic news indeed. This is the way to go forward and I am happy BD realized this. I would also love BD to partner in some projects with Turkey. Not only will we get good weaponry but also learn a lot of things in the process, which will mutually benefit us.

Our countries have great relationship. Our students receive a lot of Turkey Burslari Scholarships to pursue their studies in Turkey and in the process also learn the language. Also, BDeshis can travel to turkey on on-arrival visa. I was went on a vacation from Switzerland. Absolutely loved it!

Furthermore, both our societal structures are the same. We are both muslim-majority nations with a secular mindset. A lot of similarities and only to get better!

According to Turan Oguz...

We already now that ther was a interests about Hisar but Tiger missile is new. Congrats to Bangladesh army with pinpoint Tiger missile, used against Assad:-). Serious hits and damage.

https://www.roketsan.com.tr/en/product/trg-300-tiger-missile/

Thanks for the news brother. Is this news source reliable? We have been hearing the same about BA officials visiting Roketsan plant in Bangladeshi defense pages.

Bangladesh Army had already announced Kasirga T-300 MBRLS to be inducted late last year. So, going for the TIGER missiles is not surprising.

Thanks for the news brother. Is this news source reliable? We have been hearing the same about BA officials visiting Roketsan plant in Bangladeshi defense pages.

Bangladesh Army had already announced Kasirga T-300 MBRLS to be inducted late last year. So, going for the TIGER missiles is not surprising.

The person is reliable, we will hear soon offically a announcement.

Didn't Cabatli say that infrared seekers will be prone to being destroyed via a high powered laser or something? How is that not a disadvantage for this system?

Back
Top Bottom