What's new

Bangladesh Army select Turkish Hisar-o as MRSAM

We practically have no missiles either.
Can somebody be kind enough to share missile specs here?
Yep, pretty much just FM-90.

upload_2020-6-26_16-47-34.jpeg

TRG-300 Tiger Specifications
Dimensions
Caliber: 300 millimeter
Performance
Blast Effect Radius: 70 meter
CEP: 50 meter
Max Range: 120 kilometer (65 nautical mile)
Min Range: 30 kilometer (16.2 nautical mile)
Weight
Warhead: 105 kilogram (231 pound)
Weight: 585 kilogram (1,290 pound)
CEP: Circular Error Probable
Meters (m) Kilometers (km) Nautic Miles (nm) Inch (in) Yard (yd) Foot (ft) Millimeter (mm)
Pound (lb) Kilogram (kg) kN (KiloNewton) Ton (t)
Meters per Second (mps) Kilometers per Hour (kph) Knot (kt) Miles per Hour (mph)
Liter (l) Galon (gl)
Year (yr) Minutes (min) Second (sec)
Shaft-Horse-Power (shp)

hisar O

HİSAR-O
  • Minimum range: 3 km.
  • Maximum range: 50 km.
  • Minimum altitude: 50 meters.
  • Maximum altitude: 15 km

BAF is nearly a lost cause.

BD needs to look at the iranian strategy. Massive missile force instead of an airforce.

We are cash strapped.....missiles in the armory goes a long way in addressing this deficiency.

I think BD government seriously need to procure MRCA. Enough of buying Surface to air missiles.
No, it is more required to defend the land and sea by missiles than to spend prematurely on MRCAs that will be destroyed by enemy planes while lying on the tarmac. Surface to air missile is very important.

I think BD government seriously need to procure MRCA. Enough of buying Surface to air missiles.

Both are equally important.

We don't have enough SAM systems. We need a multi-tiered air defence to keep our skies off-limits to intruders. So far we only have Oerlikons and FM 90 for short-range area defence. Simply not good enough.

A capable multi-layered air defence system is a stronger deterrent than having meager MRCAs.

Last edited:
TRG-300 Tiger Specifications
Dimensions
Caliber: 300 millimeter
Performance
Blast Effect Radius: 70 meter
CEP: 50 meter
Max Range: 120 kilometer (65 nautical mile)
Min Range: 30 kilometer (16.2 nautical mile)
Weight
Warhead: 105 kilogram (231 pound)
Weight: 585 kilogram (1,290 pound)
CEP: Circular Error Probable
Meters (m) Kilometers (km) Nautic Miles (nm) Inch (in) Yard (yd) Foot (ft) Millimeter (mm)
Pound (lb) Kilogram (kg) kN (KiloNewton) Ton (t)
Meters per Second (mps) Kilometers per Hour (kph) Knot (kt) Miles per Hour (mph)
Liter (l) Galon (gl)
Year (yr) Minutes (min) Second (sec)
Shaft-Horse-Power (shp)

hisar O

HİSAR-O
  • Minimum range: 3 km.
  • Maximum range: 50 km.
  • Minimum altitude: 50 meters.
  • Maximum altitude: 15 km

*CEP -10 Meter

TR300 Kasirga(Hurricane) is a MLRS. TRG300 Kaplan(Tiger) is a missile. As far as I know Bangladesh bought TR300.

Last edited:
No, it is more required to defend the land and sea by missiles than to spend prematurely on MRCAs that will be destroyed by enemy planes while lying on the tarmac. Surface to air missile is very important.
In fact we need to start developing our own extended range surface to surface missiles.
Having the ability to launch 300km+ missiles simultaneously from different parts of the country would deter the enemy from initiating any sort of misadventure in the first place.

In fact we need to start developing our own extended range surface to surface missiles.
Having the ability to launch 300km+ missiles simultaneously from different parts of the country would deter the enemy from initiating any sort of misadventure in the first place.
I am a half-educated man without a formal education, but I have been told by my educated friends that there are two important subjects in the science class. They are Static and Dynamics.

I wonder what is the purpose of teaching these subjects unless graduates are required to apply them to produce something the country needs. Dynamics gives the very basic knowledge for building missiles.

I am a half-educated man without a formal education, but I have been told by my educated friends that there are two important subjects in the science class. They are Static and Dynamics.

I wonder what is the purpose of teaching these subjects unless graduates are required to apply them to produce something the country needs. Dynamics gives the very basic knowledge for building missiles.
Our shortsighted approach of importing one unit of X from here and one unit of Y from there with everything all the time really frustrates me. We need to start thinking long term and work towards scaling things. We need to get countries like Turkey and China to come in and teach us missile technology.
We know our requirements best and therefore need to gain know-how to develop indigenous systems tailored to our needs.

Last edited:
Our shortsighted of importing one unit of X from here one unit of Y from there all the time really frustrates me. We need to start thinking long term and work towards scaling things. We need to get countries like Turkey and China to come in and teach us missile technology.
We know our requirements best and therefore need to gain knowhow to develop technology tailored accordingly.
Why are you frustrated so soon? Hazrat Hasina is planning to manufacture jet planes and send space missions before 2041. So, cross your finger and wait also for her promise to build runway in almost every Mahalla of the country.

She is in the process of completing a $12 billion worth Dhaka-Ctg. Bullet Train project. But, all including Rooppur are built by foreign money and we are here to celebrate by claiming BD is developing fast.

By the way, read a press report saying how Japan is moving fast to build a Maglev (Magnetically Levitated) train that runs 500 km/hr. And it does it with its own manpower, technology and money ($84 billion).

https://japantoday.com/category/tec...planned-start-in-2027-of-maglev-train-service

With the very little defence budget that we have (even though people put combined estimate at 7 billion) we struggle to buy fighter jets, the amount of trial and error that comes with R&D... I am skeptical bd govt. would even invest even 500million in rocketry

Back
Top Bottom