What's new

Bangladesh Army confirmed purchasing of Chinese made VT-5 Light Tanks and kasirga T-300 MLRS

How is Pakistan doing with #1? Genuinely curious
IK is 1000% better than PPP and PMLN, they were both corrupt and traitors. Khan loves ISlam and is working for the country and most importantly is not corrupt, I guess we are making lot of progress in #1 point.

Well, currently 25th largest economy is Iran, GDP nominal 458 billion dollar while Bangladesh is 39th with GDP 317 billion dollar. Not that a large gap you are assuming. Even if Bangladesh can grow at 6 percent(lower than previous 10 years average) while world economy at 3 percent which it grown last several years, still Bangladesh would reach that level in 20 years. You are assuming corona virus will dent on only Bangladesh economy while rest of the world will continue as before and our economic development from now on will regress rather than progress and manpower development growth will irreversibly stop. This is not how the economy work. There will be bounce back. Otherwise world economy should not have grown after 1920 Spanish flu pandemic.

Quest for export diversification in Bangladesh will continue in coming years and Bangladesh should find some success. Bangladesh may not export a lot of mechanical goods currently but compared to 10-15 years ago, much of our mechanical goods used domestically comes from within our factories rather than totally import dependent like before. This means our industrial development in a right path and a time will come when it will be able to increase it's foreign footprint. At least to propel economy to increase 40%-50% size cumulatively in 20 years relative to world economic size in 20 years. I do not believe in bul!shit of ''developed by 2041''. But reaching 25th position with 5000 dollar income per capita(very much a developing country) with 800-900 billion dollar economy(which would invariably put it at least 25th position compared to current 458 billion for 25th) is within our reach in 20 years even in as usual progression of our economy.
Stop writing so many sentences to hide your ignorance about the process of national development. Please do not write your imagination continuously. You have very little idea of a developed country. Like BD ministers, you never studied the process of national economic development. It does not fall down from the sky. Why are you talking about Iran? Even Dubai and all the ME Muslim countries are not developing by the strict definition of national development.

And all other Muslim countries are not going to develop. Turkey is developing only because it is part of Europe. Its culture, population and history are intermingled with Europe for many centuries. Its society is based on education, knowledge and people's workaholic nature. As I said before in another post that I know at least a hundred Turks in Tokyo. Neither they talk religion nor debate on politics, domestic or international. They are just like other Europeans.

Please say about the current situation in BD instead of your imagined 2041. How do you think Bd will ever develop without any industrial base? Is it because Hasina Bibi always utters this? I ask you to tell the GoB to build thousands and thousands of production factories and produce trillions of pieces of small, tiny, large and medium-size high value-added industrial products.

Industrial production is the only way whether you guys like it to hear or not. No country ever developed without industrial development except perhaps Switzerland. You guys think development means borrowing foreign money and build a 10 km stretch of rail line here and there or build a few hundred km of roads.

Build industries and you do not have to repeat what that ignoramus Hasina Bibi says. I bet with an industrial base, BD will develop at least before 3041. Like it or not, I am speaking the truth.

If we plan for Myanmar, then we will loose against them. I have already said, we should strive for deterrence against India. If we can achieve deterrence against India then beating Myanmar will not be a problem. Among our neighbors, only India has the potential to be a threat against our sovereignty and territorial integrity. Burmese do not have capability to capture our land. Our current army is enough to foil any such misadventure. Myanmar army even can not beat the ethnic rebels who run multiple de facto independent states within Myanmar. If they can not beat those rebels, what chance they have against a better trained, professional army numbering 200,000 armed with weapons quantitatively and qualitatively as good or better than them ? We have an edge in Navy also. One or two squadron of 4.5 generation combat aircraft and some mid range air defence system will nullify their edge in air force against us. These are coming anyway. These are not ambition. We should not lower our expectation to such a low.
Neither Burmese nor India will try to capture Bangladesh. I dunno where did you get such a bogus idea from? Myanmar already pushed Rohingya into Bangladesh and the only time they will fight Bangladesh is when Bangladesh will try to push the Rohingyas into Rakhine state.

India will also not capture Bangladesh because Bangladesh has more than 130 million Muslims and Indian government especially BJP would not want to include such a large number of muslim population into their census, that would be suicidal for Hindus. Indian at best would try to influence or try to dominate Bangladesh just like America does it with Mexico.

Neither Burmese nor India will try to capture Bangladesh. I dunno where did you get such a bogus idea from? Myanmar already pushed Rohingya into Bangladesh and the only time they will fight Bangladesh is when Bangladesh will try to push the Rohingyas into Rakhine state.

India will also not capture Bangladesh because Bangladesh has more than 130 million Muslims and Indian government especially BJP would not want to include such a large number of muslim population into their census, that would be suicidal for Hindus. Indian at best would try to influence or try to dominate Bangladesh just like America does it with Mexico.
I agree that they don't have appetite to capture entire Bangladesh due to our large Muslim population, but they may try to capture some part of Bangladesh during a hypothetical conflict to create pressure on Bangladesh and to get favorable terms in post war negotiations for conditional return of those territories. It is always better to think about the worst possible case and then plan accordingly. Few years ago, Ukraine and Russia was considered blood brothers. No one in Ukraine imagined that Russia one day will capture Crimea and Donbas. That's why Ukraine gradually dismantled their armed forces until they got that rude shock. While we don't even have 'blood brother' relationship with our two neighbors. So we have to think the worst.

Last edited:

Not what America does to Mexico, what india does to Kashmir

I agree that they don't have appetite to capture entire Bangladesh due to our large Muslim population, but they may try to capture some part of Bangladesh during a hypothetical conflict to create pressure on Bangladesh and to get favorable terms in post war negotiations for conditional return of those territories. It is always better to think about the worst possible case and then plan accordingly. Few years ago, Ukraine and Russia was considered blood brothers. No one in Ukraine imagined that Russia one day will capture Crimea and Donbas. That's why Ukraine gradually dismantled their armed forces until they got that rude shock. While we don't even have 'blood brother' relationship with our two neighbors. So we have to think the worst.
Your analysis is correct, they will embarass you, coerce you, arm twist you. They will never let you become truely an independent state. Our status would have been the same had we not developed nuclear deterrence

Stop writing so many sentences to hide your ignorance about the process of national development. Please do not write your imagination continuously. You have very little idea of a developed country. Like BD ministers, you never studied the process of national economic development. It does not fall down from the sky. Why are you talking about Iran? Even Dubai and all the ME Muslim countries are not developing by the strict definition of national development.

And all other Muslim countries are not going to develop. Turkey is developing only because it is part of Europe. Its culture, population and history are intermingled with Europe for many centuries. Its society is based on education, knowledge and people's workaholic nature. As I said before in another post that I know at least a hundred Turks in Tokyo. Neither they talk religion nor debate on politics, domestic or international. They are just like other Europeans.

Please say about the current situation in BD instead of your imagined 2041. How do you think Bd will ever develop without any industrial base? Is it because Hasina Bibi always utters this? I ask you to tell the GoB to build thousands and thousands of production factories and produce trillions of pieces of small, tiny, large and medium-size high value-added industrial products.

Industrial production is the only way whether you guys like it to hear or not. No country ever developed without industrial development except perhaps Switzerland. You guys think development means borrowing foreign money and build a 10 km stretch of rail line here and there or build a few hundred km of roads.

Build industries and you do not have to repeat what that ignoramus Hasina Bibi says. I bet with an industrial base, BD will develop at least before 3041. Like it or not, I am speaking the truth.
You should stop obsessing about becoming developed according to your whim. In your fertile imagination, no Muslim country can become ''developed''. No matter, how higher their HDI is. Both Saudi Arabia and UAE has higher HDI than some of the so called developed countries in Europe. Economically and militarily powerful Turkey is ''developing'' but bankrupt Greece is developed in your fertile imagination although both country's citizens have similar purchasing power per capita. You base your impression about countries according to your interaction of people from that country rather than studying hard data about economic and social development of that country. Should anybody take your rant seriously?

We want a powerful Bangladesh, not any ''developed'' tag, which inherently has Western bias. India is world's 5th largest economy and 4th strongest military power, but they are still a developing country. Brazil is world's 9th largest economy but it does not has 'developed' tag. We want an economically larger Bangladesh and militarily stronger Bangladesh, which it should considering it's large population and already mid size economy, not some western approved tag. For that reason, if Bangladesh had to remain ''underdeveloped'' up to 3041AD in your whim then so it be. We don't care.

Last edited:
You should stop obsessing about becoming developed according to your whim. In your fertile imagination, no Muslim country can become ''developed''. No matter, how higher their HDI is. Both Saudi Arabia and UAE has higher HDI than some of the so called developed countries in Europe. Economically and militarily powerful Turkey is ''developing'' but bankrupt Greece is developed in your fertile imagination although both country's citizens have similar purchasing power per capita. You base your impression about countries according to your interaction of people from that country rather than studying hard data about economic and social development of that country. Should anybody take your rant seriously?

We want a powerful Bangladesh, not any ''developed'' tag which inherently have Western bias. India is world's 5th largest economy and 4th strongest military power, but they are still a developing country. Brazil is world's 9th largest economy but it does not has 'developed' tag. We want an economically larger Bangladesh and militarily stronger Bangladesh, which it should considering it's large population and already mid size economy, not some western approved tag. For that reason, if Bangladesh had to remain ''underdeveloped'' up to 3041AD in your whim then so it be. We don't care.

I award you the best post so far this year.

Salaam!

We want a powerful Bangladesh, not any ''developed'' tag, which inherently has Western bias. India is world's 5th largest economy and 4th strongest military power, but they are still a developing country. Brazil is world's 9th largest economy but it does not has 'developed' tag. We want an economically larger Bangladesh and militarily stronger Bangladesh, which it should considering it's large population and already mid size economy, not some western approved tag. For that reason, if Bangladesh had to remain ''underdeveloped'' up to 3041AD in your whim then so it be. We don't care.
You forgot Malaysia too. Malaysia is also quite developed.

You are placing too many assumptions. The economic development is not something like a wishful thinking. Whatever you want to do with economy, you require a properly trained manpower who can create wealth in the mechanical workshops. I do not see any such symptoms. BD imports almost all its mechanical goods and exports only low-value textiles.

All the developed countries of today since before 150 years have graduated to mechanized products from textiles. China is the latest. How about BD? You are talking about a 2040 BD economy at near the top when in reality the present economy has gotten bashed by the coronavirus and the country is collecting alms from those countries which are themselves at the to 25.

Do not you think Bd is already under India's control without firing a bullet and your 160 million people cannot do anything about it? Does India need to invade us? On the contrary, Bd needs a confrontation with MM. The country should do whatever is needed to get control of the Rohingya situation.
The problem with Bangladesh is that our country is still a Manpower and RMG based country. Countries which are developed or is seeing a huge development like India are Knowledge based countries apart from manpower and RMG.

Bangladesh still needs to develop its IT field, automobile industry and other industries where science plays a key role. Bangladesh does not have a good scientific base like India or western countries or Japan. We need knowledge based economy not just Remittance and RMG.

@Homo Sapiens please read this.

For many centuries Europe was neither developed nor educated . They had been butchering people ( Specially minority) since medieval era. Even in ww2 the holocaust is the latest act by Europeans . It's not only Nazi Germany , but there were many countries who were with Germany that time .

Educated and cultural people do not abuse religious minority . So your obsession with them is unclear . However you did not make it clear that why no Muslim countries are going to be developed in near future.

Bangladesh still needs to develop its IT field, automobile industry and other industries where science plays a key role.
I prefer It sector. And it's not necessary that we have to be developed in every section . Can Europe make good smart phone or other electronic devices ? They can't or they don't .

So, when do you think there will be a war between India and BD?
Can you bet your house on that matter that there will be no war between Bangladesh and India in near future?
People should plan for the near future.
Also military plan should not be for near future . Shortsightedness is not going to help a country that is surrounded by hostile entity . Military Equipment are not rice , egg , meat , potato aka daily goods that you buy everyday . If you buy something it will serve you for many decades .
To me the near future is MM. What are your weapons suggestions in that case?
After Miyanmer India will come for us . Now Bangladesh is playing diplomatic game , but after conflict with Miyanmer this diplomatic game will be ended and a new door will be opened . So surely we should be prepared for Indian threat . Specially when Hindutva was growing in India rapidly .

Last edited:
You are placing too many assumptions. The economic development is not something like a wishful thinking. Whatever you want to do with economy, you require a properly trained manpower who can create wealth in the mechanical workshops. I do not see any such symptoms. BD imports almost all its mechanical goods and exports only low-value textiles.

All the developed countries of today since before 150 years have graduated to mechanized products from textiles. China is the latest. How about BD? You are talking about a 2040 BD economy at near the top when in reality the present economy has gotten bashed by the coronavirus and the country is collecting alms from those countries which are themselves at the to 25.

Do not you think Bd is already under India's control without firing a bullet and your 160 million people cannot do anything about it? Does India need to invade us? On the contrary, Bd needs a confrontation with MM. The country should do whatever is needed to get control of the Rohingya situation.
"On the contrary, Bd needs a confrontation with MM. The country should do whatever is needed to get control of the Rohingya situation"

No. I do not recommend this. Listen, the Burmese Generals executed this genocide after a long planning. They did not simply wake up one day and decided to kill and throw away all the Rohingya out of Burma.

If Bangladesh tries to use military action, chances are BD would fall into a trap.

Nothing more than gunboat diplomacy should be conducted against the Burmese.

Back
Top Bottom