What's new

Bangladesh Army confirmed purchasing of Chinese made VT-5 Light Tanks and kasirga T-300 MLRS

@Bilal9 @UKBengali

How much Chinese VT 5 tanks price that is offered to Bangladesh ?

For comparison Indonesian Turkish Tiger/Kaplan tank is around 7 million dollar per tank. Indonesia sign contract for first batch of the tank around 135 million dollar for 18 tank. @Viet It is the price as you asked it sometime ago.
7 million usd per piece?

not a bargain I believe.

With this logic, we can't compare our helicopters and any of our armored vehicles except tanks. As a result, Turkish products are used against 24/7 pkk - ypg-isid or esad. Yours, on the other hand, do nothing but pose for the Japanese Nikon Cameras on exercise.
ah. I said, Tank are weapons of war. Its significance is to win the war. it is not an exhibit.

and VT-5 is a light MBT. Its role is to quickly deploy on plateaus, jungles, swamps. and immediately enter the battle.

friend. Have you considered putting your tank on the battlefield? Suppose, your tank encounters VT-5. What do you think of your tank survival rate? From firepower, armor, mobility.:coffee:

Ah, per 7 million USD.

Last edited:
China any weapons have been rigorously tested. Their significance is to win the war.

LOL where do you get the result from :crazy:
You think Bangladeshi are some idiot who do not know how to do a proper trial run to test your tanks and need a Chinese to use lower price or political ties to force them buy?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bang...-and-kasirga-t-300-mlrs.644646/#post-11917997

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bang...-and-kasirga-t-300-mlrs.644646/#post-11918855

Take it like a man if your Kaplan tank failed to a better one.

VT-5 is more expensive than T-90S when compete for RTA tank tender and yet we still won. Clearly show , price is not the only factor to win a tender.

@Bilal9 @UKBengali

How much Chinese VT 5 tanks price that is offered to Bangladesh ?

For comparison Indonesian Turkish Tiger/Kaplan tank is around 7 million dollar per tank. Indonesia sign contract for first batch of the tank around 135 million dollar for 18 tank. @Viet It is the price as you asked it sometime ago.

No idea brother. People can make guesses but G-to-G pricing is rather under wraps so few people know. The Chinese Govt. would definitely not disclose.

Some friends think their tanks are expensive. This is something to be proud. but no one told me. whether their tanks can participate in the battle. and whether their tanks have undergone testing.

Maybe my understanding is wrong. Tanks are not war weapons. In fact. It is expensive exhibit?

@Indos

Some friends think their tanks are expensive. This is something to be proud. but no one told me. whether their tanks can participate in the battle. and whether their tanks have undergone testing.

Maybe my understanding is wrong. Tanks are not war weapons. In fact. It is expensive exhibit?

@Indos
You are wrong, he is ignorant. Blind by religion and nationalism. Thinking anything made in China has no standard. He is too blind to see a country that can send 25tons payload to LEO space, build its own aircraft carrier without any import, build some of the world fastest super computer and having the deepest submersible. But it cannot build a light tank that can beat turkey one.

Mind you, Kaplan tank still use an American engine. This tank is easily sanction by US unlike China VT-5 tanks. If u buy turkey one, very likely it will end up like T-129 gunship deal to PA.

These fools can delude themselves about backward of China advancement but China will not stop just becos of others opinion.

You are wrong, he is ignorant. Blind by religion and nationalism. Thinking anything made in China has no standard. He is too blind to see a country that can send 25tons payload to LEO space, build its own aircraft carrier without any import, build some of the world fastest super computer and having the deepest submersible. But it cannot build a light tank that can beat turkey one.

Mind you, Kaplan tank still use an American engine. This tank is easily sanction by US unlike China VT-5 tanks. If u buy turkey one, very likely it will end up like T-129 gunship deal to PA.

These fools can delude themselves about backward of China advancement but China will not stop just becos of others opinion.
brother. I just want to know that the Turkish tanks have not been tested.

you say he is a racist. but I am also a racist. No one has told me until now —— whether the Turkish tank has been tested?

As I said. suppose, Turkish tank encounters VT-5. What do you think of Turkish tank survival rate? From firepower, armor, mobility.

No one answered..........

@Indos

Here is the test available on Youtube.

Firing test

Mobility test

Blast Test

For mobility test itself it takes several months.

Firing test

Mobility test

Blast Test

just this??? Turkish tanks are worth $ 7 million. Because of this mediocre and low level test ?

And as I know. Mobility test requires at least 3 years.

BTW. From the perspective of advanced countries. Its firepower is not excellent. And I don't see its armor(stay mobility, give up armor?).

so. suppose, Turkish tank encounters VT-5. What do you think of Turkish tank survival rate? From firepower, armor, mobility.

my suggestion is. Let your 7 million usd tank away from the war.

Spend 7 million usd to buy a Turkish tank. LOL.

Last edited:

Firing test

Mobility test

Blast Test

BTW. I'm not sure about the armor-piercing capabilities of the Turkish tank. After all, Turkish tanks are only performing simple firing tests.

As for the mobility test of the Turkish tank. I'm not sure whether it is combat load state. because it lacks trials of sports shooting.

About compound reaction armor. OK, no discussion.

ah, anyway. For backward countries. When it can make a tank. This is progress. As for the others....... Discuss later.

We need air to air, air to ground missiles produced in the country to keep our defense budget in arms length. They are the most expensive stuffs and has to be replenished quite often
Agree.
We dont need long range missiles.
Disagree. We need 2500-3000 km range ballistic missile in near future. It will act as a great deterrence against destruction of our cities. Indians may not even care if we pound Kolkata with MLRS and Tactical ballistic Missiles in retaliation of bombing our cities in case of any hypothetical conflict. But with Delhi and Mumbai, it will hit where it hurts and will act as a deterrence.

Disagree. We need 2500-3000 km range ballistic missile in near future. It will act as a great deterrence against destruction of our cities. Indians may not even care if we pound Kolkata with MLRS and Tactical ballistic Missiles in retaliation of bombing our cities in case of any hypothetical conflict. But with Delhi and Mumbai, it will hit where it hurts and will act as a deterrence.
So, when do you think there will be a war between India and BD? People should plan for the near future. To me the near future is MM. What are your weapons suggestions in that case?

So, when do you think there will be a war between India and BD? People should plan for the near future. To me the near future is MM. What are your weapons suggestions in that case?
In the short term we need multirole fighters in numbers. We need to develop BMs in the long term to ensure credible deterrence.

Due to our geography, we are extremely vulnerable to enemy artillery. Only BMs can ensure our neighbours avoid war at all costs.

Built up your Air Forces, equip your infantry with latest standard gears, more modern ATGM system, helicopter (both assault and attack helos), and more modern Naval equipments (Frigate, corvettes, LST and LPD).

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom