What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I mean if we get J-10 we can sorta use it against Myanmar cause China wouldn't care that much , but they also can care if they really care about defending Myanmar

So either way we're fked
BD wont go war with burma..... Burmans are too busy with internal conflicts ... they dont want anything with bd. Chinese wont let them go to war with BD either .

BAF future adversary is IAF.

Nice video.

Don't forget that the Eurofighter was built with a 5th gen engine core and so the current 9:1 T/W ratio engine can be brought up all the way to 11.8:1 with 30% wet thrust uplift.

UK would be happy to develop this if a customer, or group of customers, is willing to pay the development costs.

Nice video.

DCS is making a fully fledged module (with clickable cockpit) based on the luftwaffe EFT (early versions). If BAF gets EFT, i will get that module, currently i own the Mig-29.
i'll try to get it when it goes on sale, OCt-Nov period
work in progress
1622133624648.png

DCS: Eurofighter being developed by new third party with impressive pedigree – Stormbirds

Last edited:

Hmmm , they mentioned about Bangladesh wanting to establish a space program :P 🛰 probably satellite manufacturing and idk about space launch vehicles aka rockets

Btw , yeah very interesting visit and I feel like as we get closer to 2022 BD Airshow we will start to get more interesting news about the MRCA.

Definitely a western jet as stated , not sure if we will get something like the F-16 for our F-7 replacement but it's possible

why that sick feeling ?
nothing wrong with a little american pie (f-16) eh ?
View attachment 747859
It may be high in calories, but that's exactly what BAF needs.
i guess you're worried about sanctions. well, Bd is not the kind of country that gets sanctioned.

we'll have a formidable AF if that is where we go. If Bd is to get into a conflict it is most likely going to be against Myanmar. Can the J-10c be relied upon ?

I do not understand these bizzare postulation that weapons we buy we are not free to use against adversaries as we choose

I look at it this way.... in a conflict would IAF avoid hitting lets say the F16 if we had them or would MAF avoid targeting the J10 if we had them.... the answer is no....

In exactly that same way BAF will fight with whatever is in its arsenal against the enemy. No kill switch will be activated by jet manufacturers, it is simply not a realistic proposition and has never been done and never will be done. If any jet manufacturer does it if it is technically possible, it will instantly destroy their entire market. Not one ally will ever trust them again and they will never get a new buyer.

BAF purchases will be to counter IAF and MAF.... it is illogical that we will partition BAF resources for these foes.

I do not understand these bizzare postulation that weapons we buy we are not free to use against adversaries as we choose

I look at it this way.... in a conflict would IAF avoid hitting lets say the F16 if we had them or would MAF avoid targeting the J10 if we had them.... the answer is no....

In exactly that same way BAF will fight with whatever is in its arsenal against the enemy. No kill switch will be activated by jet manufacturers, it is simply not a realistic proposition and has never been done and never will be done. If any jet manufacturer does it if it is technically possible, it will instantly destroy their entire market. Not one ally will ever trust them again and they will never get a new buyer.

BAF purchases will be to counter IAF and MAF.... it is illogical that we will partition BAF resources for these foes.

I do not think it is just to do with "kill switches" as such but more due to compromise in terms of your enemy being given data on how to counter your system and no further supplies in wartime.

I do not think it is just to do with "kill switches" as such but more due to compromise in terms of your enemy being given data on how to counter your system and no further supplies in wartime.
denying spares in times of an emergency is one tactic, but BD is not the kind of country that usually gets sanctioned.
Question is , can the PRC be relied upon when it comes to Burma ? actions speak louder than words.

PRC is for India.
West for Myanmar.
Burma is the immedeate threat and india is the long term threat. Either way , we will need to build up defensive capacity to deal with both.Conventional warfare for the Burmese and Asymmetric warfare for our dadas . Let's deal with Burma first. Acquiring American weaponry is surely going to raise some eyebrows in PRC , but we will have to do whatever necessary to defend our interests.

Well thats the same as a kill switch. If you let down one customer every customer is going to assume you will double cross them and never trust you again. So I do not think that is going to happen.

Well thats the same as a kill switch. If you let down one customer every customer is going to assume you will double cross them and never trust you again. So I do not think that is going to happen.

Not sure it is the same thing as the one being double-crossed would never know for sure.

A "kill switch" is obvious but not when you are being defeated with better tactics and aircraft knowledge as you cannot be sure how your enemy got this.

Back
Top Bottom