What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I did not say that they will support/not support. It will be a lip service similar to a condemnation. Nothing substantial will come from the west. They will simply remain neutral and not get involved in a India BD conflict.

For Muslims Jerusalem is a bigger issue. Rohingya issue is a tragedy but again the west played little more than lip service to protect them. If you want an example here you are. In a India - BD conflict the west will play a similar role that it has played to protect the Rohingya. Nothing will be done to deter India from the action and but lip service will be given to appease the Muslim world. Muslim leaders will condemn but do very little.

FYI the west does not need every Muslim countries. GCC is firmly in their pocket. NATO ally turkey controls the Bosporus. As long as these countries have good terms with the west, they don't give two hoots about the rest of the Muslims world. What the West wants from the Muslim world they already have. The don't need anything more from the Muslim world. The Uighur issue is played up to discredit china's reputation and to help western allies in the Muslim world. For example put a dent in the Pakistan - China relationship. Which helps India ( Western ally) far more than the west.

India is far more important to the GCC and the West than BD. Therefore BD must choose her allies carefully and should become self sufficient in defense .

Troubling times are ahead for BD. Very , very few realize this .

Sufficient in defense is of course a very ideal condition, but at least BD needs to start picking defense equipment from Muslim countries as Muslim countries are the true friend of BD while China can backstab like what happen in Rohingya crisis already.

I think BD leaders have already understood this, and this is why some Turkish defense equipment have already been bought which I support.

Sufficient in defense is of course a very ideal condition, but at least BD needs to start picking defense equipment from Muslim countries as Muslim countries are the true friend of BD while China can backstab like what happen in Rohingya crisis already.

I think BD leaders have already understood this, and this is why some Turkish defense equipment have already been bought which I support.
Agreed but the sudden preference for Turkish equipment is not because of the worry that China will Backstab BD. Rather this came so as not too appear too pro-China and risk the wrath of India. India has already involved the USA in BD relationship and BD does not want to have bad relationship with west. India will use every leverage to ruin the relationship between BD and west if BD does not dance according to Indian tune. Hence you see BAF chief visiting USA.

China has been a reliable ally to BD in terms of defense. BD is not becoming anti china. BD is perfectly where the Chinese want them to be. Neutral. It is India who is becoming insecure and poking the west to influence BD.

Agreed but the sudden preference for Turkish equipment is not because of the worry that China will Backstab BD. Rather this came so as not too appear too pro-China and risk the wrath of India. India has already involved the USA in BD relationship and BD does not want to have bad relationship with west. India will use every leverage to ruin the relationship between BD and west if BD does not dance according to Indian tune. Hence you see BAF chief visiting USA.

China has been a reliable ally to BD in terms of defense. BD is not becoming anti china. BD is perfectly where the Chinese want them to be. Neutral. It is India who is becoming insecure and poking the west to influence BD.

US interest in BD i do not believe is directly on behest of india. Think about it this way, why would US rely on india to take on china when it can not influence nations around it independently. You want strong allies not weak dependents.

The point is india is weak. US diplomats on record have stated they used to view BD with Indian lenses but that is no longer the case. I believe this, BD has its unique selling points and US is engaging us for its benefit not indias.

US interest in BD i do not believe is directly on behest of india. Think about it this way, why would US rely on india to take on china when it can not influence nations around it independently. You want strong allies not weak dependents.

The point is india is weak. US diplomats on record have stated they used to view BD with Indian lenses but that is no longer the case. I believe this, BD has its unique selling points and US is engaging us for its benefit not indias.
Nope.

Think about it this way. Why is India part of Quad ? To take on China and make sure China does not take south tibet ( arunachal pradesh). Unless BD co-operates with India in this matter , India will lose Arunachal pradesh .

US interest is now Indian interest . US gains nothing from BD. Unless India gains something.

What ever USA can gain from BD it can get else where. Unless it involves BD giving official recognition to Israel. That will be a diplomatic boost for USA. Other than that BD has no selling point that can benefit USA in anyway. Unless it helps India.

Nope.

Think about it this way. Why is India part of Quad ? To take on China and make sure China does not take south tibet ( arunachal pradesh). Unless BD co-operates with India in this matter , India will lose Arunachal pradesh .

US interest is now Indian interest . US gains nothing from BD. Unless India gains something.

What ever USA can gain from BD it can get else where. Unless it involves BD giving official recognition to Israel. That will be a diplomatic boost for USA. Other than that BD has no selling point that can benefit USA in anyway. Unless it helps India.

I do not think that India has any realistic chance of BD helping in any way in conflict with China, like allowing it to move its military forces through its land, waters or airspace.

The most it can expect is BD being neutral and that is exactly what BD's intention is all along and China would be happy with that.

While US would prefer BD to assist India in conflict with China, it will not try to corner BD as the last thing it wants is another large Muslim country like Pakistan joining the Chinese camp. US will be somewhat satisfied with a neutral BD.

I do not think that India has any realistic chance of BD helping in any way in conflict with China, like allowing it to move its military forces through its land, waters or airspace.

The most it can expect is BD being neutral and that is exactly what BD's intention is all along and China would be happy with that.

While US would prefer BD to assist India in conflict with China, it will not try to corner BD as the last thing it wants is another large Muslim country like Pakistan joining the Chinese camp. US will be somewhat satisfied with a neutral BD.
USA has no interest here to corner BD. On the contrary if BD , as the 3rd largest Muslim country in the world recognizes Israel is actually a diplomatic victory for Israel and USA. It is India that is poking US to interfere in the Indo-BD-China relationship. India knows that BD may not help, Hence they are hoping if US provides incentives to BD it may help to get the logistics treaty signed.

What you said makes perfect sense. But let is not forget that Delhi is ruled nut cases now . BJP just for the propaganda value of it would love to start a mid-low level conflict over this logistics issue with BD. There is a chance India will attempt to pull off something similar to what Russia did in Crimea .

This will a) ease this logistics issue that Indian military faces in the NE when war with China happens.
B) It will create massive nationalistic sentiment in the BJP vote base. This will help BJP win the election in 2024 as a conflict with Muslim BD helps BJP project their Hindu strongman image to their Hindutva vote base.

Let us also not forget that BJP tried similar tactics against Pakistan in 2019 to stir up nationalistic feeling in India but got a bloody nose in return from Pakistan. However BJP was successful in stirring up the nationalistic feeling in India, which helped them win in 2019. It is certainly reasonable to believe that BJP will try the same tactics in the lead up to the 2024 election but this time with BD as Indian military will be much more confident against BD compared to say Pakistan or China.

If using USA influence BD signs the logistics deal. Great. BJP wins. If BD does not sign , then BJP also wins for the reasons I mentioned above.

Last edited:
USA has no interest here to corner BD. On the contrary if BD , as the 3rd largest Muslim country in the world recognizes Israel is actually a diplomatic victory for Israel and USA. It is India that is poking US to interfere in the Indo-BD-China relationship. India knows that BD may not help, Hence they are hoping if US provides incentives to BD it may help to get the logistics treaty signed.

What you said makes perfect sense. But let is not forget that Delhi is ruled nut cases now . BJP just for the propaganda value of it would love to start a mid-low level conflict over this logistics issue with BD. There is a chance India will attempt to pull off something similar to what Russia did in Crimea .

This will a) ease this logistics issue that Indian military faces in the NE when war with China happens.
B) It will create massive nationalistic sentiment in the BJP vote base. This will help BJP win the election in 2024 as a conflict with Muslim BD helps BJP project their Hindu strongman image to their Hindutva vote base.

Let us also not forget that BJP tried similar tactics against Pakistan in 2019 to stir up nationalistic feeling in India but got a bloody nose in return from Pakistan. However BJP was successful in stirring up the nationalistic feeling in India, which helped them win in 2019. It is certainly reasonable to believe that BJP will try the same tactics in the lead up to the 2024 election but this time with BD as Indian military will be much more confident against BD compared to say Pakistan or China.

If using USA influence BD signs the logistics deal. Great. BJP wins. If BD does not sign , then BJP also wins for the reasons I mentioned above.

I am not sure that even Modi would be that stupid as that is one sure way to get BD to quickly militarise heavily and become antagonistic to India. AL themselves for their very survival would have to shout anti-India slogans 24/7 just to remain in power.

In India remember that the PM is only one of the power-making centres and he would come under heavy pressure from other players not to unnecessarily turn BD into a hostile state.

I am not sure that even Modi would be that stupid as that is one sure way to get BD to quickly militarise heavily and become antagonistic to India. AL themselves for their very survival would have to shout anti-India slogans 24/7 just to remain in power.

In India remember that the PM is only one of the power-making centres and he would come under heavy pressure from other players not to unnecessarily turn BD into a hostile state.
Well i just made a hypothesis. I dont have crystal ball here.

BJP has done a lot of stupid things that we thought never possible for any government in the world, Yet here we are. After covid missanagement, stirring up nationalism is the Only way BJp can win in 2024.

My theory is that BD will recognise Israel officially in the coming months in the hope USA backs off and stops influencing BD- India relations. Also to please the GCC and appear progressive.

Lets see. Its a theory.

Last edited:
Well i just made a hypothesis. I dont have crystal ball here.

BJP has done a lot of stupid things that we thought never possible for any government in the world, Yet here we are. After covid missanagement, stirring up nationalism is the Only way BJp can win in 2024.

My theory is that BD will recognise Israel officially in the coming months in the hope USA backs off and stops influencing BD- India relations. Also to please the GCC and appear progressive.

Lets see. Its a theory.

If BD recognizes Israel officially , there will be many protests and burning.

We would also be sure that BD is getting a western fighter jet soon maybe

If BD recognizes Israel officially , there will be many protests and burning.

We would also be sure that BD is getting a western fighter jet soon maybe
Then maybe thats why BAF chief went to USA visit. Select a potential fighter when BD recognise israel offically.

If BD recognises Israel officially it will be a massive boost for USA and Israel as BD will be the biggest muslim country to recognise Israel officially( till date)

Expect Uncle Sam to reward BD generously.

Then maybe thats why BAF chief went to USA visit. Select a potential fighter when BD recognise israel offically.

If BD recognises Israel officially it will be a massive boost for USA and Israel as BD will be the biggest muslim country to recognise Israeli officially.

Expect Uncle Sam to reward BD generously.

Expect Uncle Sam to try to make BD it's pawn more like , we need dam Typoons not F-16s yet since we don't want to deal with Uncle Sam as much.

If we get any major American weapon like jets I am very worried about BDs future

New Air chief

1622568123877.png

Expect Uncle Sam to try to make BD it's pawn more like , we need dam Typoons not F-16s yet since we don't want to deal with Uncle Sam as much.

If we get any major American weapon like jets I am very worried about BDs future
See most BD posters dont realise something. EU platforms are also influenced by USA. Not in terms of Equipment rather diplomacy.

No way EU will sell BD Typhoons if USA objects to it.

BD will get the same diplomatic result wheather its purchasing f-16 or typhoon.

Back
Top Bottom