What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Very interesting perspective.

keeping china down is obviously the objective but I am not certain that US and India is fully aligned. I think there is room to maneuver for BD purely because there is no way of arresting chinas rise merely delaying it.
Yes there is ! Just recognizing Israel as a country and allowing Israel to open a consulate in Dhaka will solve 80% of BD's current foreign policy dilemma.

West and GCC will be happy and Shower their blessing on BD. Chinese wont be unhappy. True there is friction growing between the Israel and China/Russia. But the Chinese wont mind if BD maintains/gains economic relationship with that country. It is no threat to China in anyway if BD and Israel recognize each other.

Even the Indians will not want to go to offensive against BD (as much as Modi G may want it) because BD will have significantly improved their image in the eyes of the West , Israel and GCC. Israel will also be very pleased as the 3rd largest Muslim country, the largest Muslim country to date has recognized them. No way will Israel allow India to go to offensive against BD if BD does Israel this diplomatic favor which is officially recognizing Israel as a nation.

Yes there is ! Just recognizing Israel as a country and allowing Israel to open a consulate in Dhaka will solve 80% of BD's current foreign policy dilemma.

West and GCC will be happy and Shower their blessing on BD. Chinese wont be unhappy. True there is friction growing between the Israel and China/Russia. But the Chinese wont mind if BD maintains/gains economic relationship with that country. It is no threat to China in anyway if BD and Israel recognize each other.

Even the Indians will not want to go to offensive against BD (as much as Modi G may want it) because BD will have significantly improved their image in the eyes of the West , Israel and GCC. Israel will also be very pleased as the 3rd largest Muslim country, the largest Muslim country to date has recognized them. No way will Israel allow India to go to offensive against BD if BD does Israel this diplomatic favor which is officially recognizing Israel as a nation.
Recognizing Israel can come not without two state solution. We cannot betray people in need, we have to remember once we were also in an apartheid state

Last edited:
Recognizing Israel can come not with two state solution. We cannot betray people in need, we have to remember once we were also in an apartheid state
Agreed

But International community is in No Mood for that. As the middle east is making peace with Israel so will the rest of the Muslim world. Some countries like Pakistan Turkey Iran, who have strong diplomatic leverage will be able to resist the chance to some extent as they are not as reliant on Middle east. As a matter of fact Tukey is very much in bed with Israel.

But a country like BD whose main economic drivers are Middle east, West/USA, China. Expect BD to recognize Israel as BD cannot afford to be boycotted by 2/3 of their economic partner. The entire BD economy will crash.

So what you said is morally correct . But not practical.

Agreed

But International community is in No Mood for that. As the middle east is making peace with Israel so will the rest of the Muslim world. Some countries like Pakistan Turkey Iran, who have strong diplomatic leverage will be able to resist the chance to some extent as they are not as reliant on Middle east. As a matter of fact Tukey is very much in bed with Israel.

But a country like BD whose main economic drivers are Middle east, West/USA, China. Expect BD to recognize Israel as BD cannot afford to be boycotted by 2/3 of their economic partner. The entire BD economy will crash.

So what you said is morally correct . But not practical.
As long as we’re not staunchly opposed to the Jewish state and avoid the matter it’s no big dead.
calling turkey to be in bed with Israel is hilarious. In Middle East they’re the only nation who are protesting Israel’s behavior
But eventually when the Arabs get in bed with Israel, the rest will follow. Islamic hypocrisy I call it

As long as we’re not staunchly opposed to the Jewish state and avoid the matter it’s no big dead.
calling turkey to be in bed with Israel is hilarious. In Middle East they’re the only nation who are protesting Israel’s behavior
But eventually when the Arabs get in bed with Israel, the rest will follow. Islamic hypocrisy I call it
Turks are. Rather split it.

50% staunchly oppose Israel. 50% support or wont mind gkving recognition.

Arabs are already well on Their way to recognise israel. By 2024 every GCC country will have atleast a Israeli consulate. Bd will follow suit or Bd will be labelled anti semitic. That label will not take you very far in the world today..

I saw BAF and German and got excited.....but then I also saw it said trainer :hitwall:

LIKE FK DAMM HOW MANY TRAINERS DOES THIS DAM AIR FORCE NEED ?
I'm actually quite glad they didn't choose trash to replace trash. Also note that of all the available trainers, German trainers have not been chosen by accident.

As for fighters, from what I have heard, 1 sqd EFT was almost a done deal. However, intense US lobbying might sway the govt towards putting heavy MRCA procurement on hold and instead getting single engine F-16V's to replace some of the current trash.
I support prioritising single engine fighter procurement.

Last edited:
I'm actually quite glad they didn't choose trash to replace trash. Also note that of all the available trainers, German trainers have not been chosen by accident.

As for fighters, from what I have heard, 1 sqd EFT was almost a done deal. However, intense US lobbying might sway the govt towards putting heavy MRCA procurement on hold and instead getting single engine F-16V's to replace some of the current trash.
I support prioritising single engine fighter procurement.

What you say makes sense as regards US lobbying.

BD exports to US are near 7 billion US dollars a year and the US has massive influence over lending agencies like ADB, JICA etc.

Getting the F-16V would not be that bad as BAF would be free to use it against MAF and that is the main reason for buying that fighter anyway. It is a little expensive to buy but really cheap to operate and maintain and so should not put too much of a strain on BAF budget.

I saw BAF and German and got excited.....but then I also saw it said trainer :hitwall:

LIKE FK DAMM HOW MANY TRAINERS DOES THIS DAM AIR FORCE NEED ?
BAF showing off its collection of trainers
1623332639303.png

anyway i'm actually glad we got something good to replace PT-6

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom