What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I really like this guy.

Good luck to him and I hope he enjoys his retirement.

I think history will show he did good for BAF.
i thought this is very significant coming from a high level official

1623346138073.png

maybe we'll make an ijt and later a single engine fighter with , some level of ToT of course.

i thought this is very significant coming from a high level official

View attachment 752180

maybe we'll make an ijt and later a single engine fighter with , some level of ToT of course.

The most important thing I got out of this is his words which tells me he understands the big picture.

He also seemed very sincere.

I hope the actions he took during his time bear fruit for the BAF.

24 Grobs are a good start.

This is really the start of a new era for BAF.

InshAllah!!!!

This is really the start of a new era for BAF.
I don't think that 5 years ago ppl could imagine that BAF would consider EFT, Rafale, F-18 etc
we (not me specifically, I only joined last year) were discussing about getting used Mig-29smt , Mig-35 etc.
We have come very far. InshAllah, I hope the economy keeps its momentum and we can get bigger and better things.

Unfortunately the trash PT-6's need to be replaced urgently before more pilots die.

You might see it for another 15 years cause they procured 23 more since 2010.

As for fighters, from what I have heard, 1 sqd EFT was almost a done deal.

Source? Did the deal get cancelled or what?

Getting the F-16V would not be that bad as BAF would be free to use it against MAF

If you're talking about invasion/counter-attack then i doubt US will allow it considering Pakistan's case.

If you're talking about invasion/counter-attack then i doubt US will allow it considering Pakistan's case.

That's why getting American equipment sucks , can't use it freely

Right ok

But what was the puroose of buy russian and chinese trainers?

This is the third trainer squadron now..
Those were IJTs and AJTs.

K-8W's replaced T-37s and augmented L-39s.

Yak-130s are the first ever AJT + Light attack aircraft of BAF.

Last edited:

The PT-6 procurement did not go through from what I know.
Regarding source on EFT being almost confirmed, it was a personal source (so take it with a grain of salt).
EFT will always be a potential contender for heavy MRCA however the government won't sign multiple multi billion dollar fighter deals in a single FY. Due to intense US lobbying, the govt might address the single engine fighter crisis first with F-16s. I would have preferred Gripens due to lower operational costs, greater ToT and less strings but will take F-16V's any day.

Great we'll be churning out propeller aircraft by the year 2060

I would have preferred Gripens due to lower operational costs, greater ToT and less strings but will take F-16V's any day.
if we replace entire fighter fleet with gripen , we can get ToT. Initial batch can be bought from sweden and later batches ( for expansion of the number of squadrons ) can be assembled in BD.

Sweden is a neutral country , so i guess it aligns with our foreign policy . US wouldn't mind giving us the engine for gripen since they offered F-16V/18E to us.
ppl over here talking about sanctions and arms embargo on BD , bruh please remember that BD is not one of those countries that gets sanctioned.

If BAF goes for EFT because of longer range (required for maritime strike) , i wouldn't mind. Latest variants can go toe to toe with F-15EX.
Just that we will save some money and pehaps get ToT for gripens.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom