What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

There is a reason Pakistan is still waiting for t129. They can easily buy z10 whenever they want but still not going for it. They are keeping it as a last resort. Z10 might look damn good on papers but its actually not that good.
Pakistan is not a standard bearer for attack helicopter operators.
T-129 will not be an option for anybody until Turkey manages to build their own reliable engine.

Z-10 may not be the best but it is the only one that can possibly come at a cost affordable to BD, significant levels of ToT and zero strings. As with fighter jets, attack helicopters are needed in numbers.
BA has 10 Area Commands (each with 4-5 Infantry/armoured brigades that can benefit from attack helicopter support.).

Given that we have so many fighting formations, even 100 attack helicopters are not too many to have.
Given our soft soil and riverine landscape making emergency troop reinforcement very difficult, attack helicopters will be absolute game changers.

While Apaches are the best in terms of quality and specs, I am quite happy we are not getting them as we would have gotten stuck with only a dozen of them max due to costs.

T-129 will not be an option for anybody until Turkey manages to build their own reliable engine.

Z-10 may not be the best but it is the only one that can possibly come at a cost affordable to BD, significant levels of ToT and zero strings. As with fighter jets, attack helicopters are needed in numbers.
BA has 10 Area Commands (each with 4-5 Infantry/armoured brigades that can benefit from attack helicopter support.).

Given that we have so many fighting formations, even 100 attack helicopters are not too many to have.
Given our soft soil and riverine landscape making emergency troop reinforcement very difficult, attack helicopters will be absolute game changers.

While Apaches are the best in terms of quality and specs, I am quite happy we are not getting them as we would have gotten stuck with only a dozen of them max due to costs.
Bro army wont buy more than 20 by 2030..whether its z10 or Apache or t129. Army and Baf, no one is worried about numbers. And I dont have any idea why baf is wasting money on attack helicopters.

Warfare is changing... in the new reality of surveillance, loitering and attack drones platforms such as helios and tanks i believe will soon be things of the past. They are just too slow.

Warfare is changing... in the new reality of surveillance, loitering and attack drones platforms such as helios and tanks i believe will soon be things of the past. They are just too slow.

I still wonder why tf BA or BAF isn't getting Turkish Drones

Army is getting Turkish combat drone soon.
I didn't want to share it here, as it's rumor-level. However, as far as I understand, there are some rumors on the Bangladesh side as well. In the near future, Bangladesh may become one of the countries producing their own tactical armed UAVs.

Cooperation development work on aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, attack helicopters, air defense systems, armored vehicles, artillery and mlr systems, small and medium-sized warships, radar and electronic warfare systems, radio-communication and cryptography equipment and smart ammunitions continues extensively, between Bengladesh and TR.

Any proof man ? I remember hearing us getting Wing Loong 2 drones and it's been like forever and we haven't heard anything
We are talking about army here man...not baf. So it will happen soon. Even they will recieve attack helicopter before baf. Go through army drone tender pdf. Check their requirements. Only Turkish drones (specifically Anka s) matches their requirements. And army already evaluated Turkish drones.
Any proof man ? I remember hearing us getting Wing Loong 2 drones and it's been like forever and we haven't heard anything
Cooperation development work on aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, attack helicopters, air defense systems, armored vehicles, artillery and mlr systems, small and medium-sized warships, radar and electronic warfare systems, radio-communication and cryptography equipment and smart ammunitions continues extensively, between Bengladesh and TR.
Turkey already offered afv to army and the rumor is they are ready to provide tot.

Lessons from BD air Force ordered J7BIG: no army will place an order for brand new air planes as stop gap

We are talking about army here man...not baf. So it will happen soon. Even they will recieve attack helicopter before baf. Go through army drone tender pdf. Check their requirements. Only Turkish drones (specifically Anka s) matches their requirements. And army already evaluated Turkish drones.

Turkey already offered afv to army and the rumor is they are ready to provide tot.

So do you know when will we receive them ?
I didn't want to share it here, as it's rumor-level. However, as far as I understand, there are some rumors on the Bangladesh side as well. In the near future, Bangladesh may become one of the countries producing their own tactical armed UAVs.

Bangladesh will hopefully make their own armed UAVs and soon will move on to satellites and aircrafts such as trainers or maybe helicopters

So do you know when will we receive them ?

Bangladesh will hopefully make their own armed UAVs and soon will move on to satellites and aircrafts such as trainers or maybe helicopters

We need to be realistic and not talk things up.

BD armed forces are more or less complete cowards. They do not have the back bone for any kind of fight as the rohingya debacle proved.

As BD reaches 50 years what do we really make by ourselves.... we are not even self sufficient in small arms.... the machine tool factory of BD army at best produces a few things of 70s tech.

At the end of the day the defense forces must have concrete threat preception and then a plan to mitigate that threat. BA just a few years ago announced it does not consider india a threat and it has proved on the ground it wont fight the burmese.

Let us not lionise our forces, they really have not done anything at all in their history to deserve much respect. Technical innovation wont come from these guys, if GOB opens up defense sector to private companies we may see some movement but otherwise i am afraid the proposition is totally unrealistic.

As long as you guys teach us how to build that mean tank of yours. I love what’s going on

Back
Top Bottom