What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

their modern stuff isn't bad , they just can't make things fast enough and on time i suppose
Inferior to Western and Russian systems and in a lot of cases made in substandard qualities. Their technology is more or less not advancing, look at the Neptune missile it is basically a direct copy of the KH-35.

Inferior to Western and Russian systems and in a lot of cases made in substandard qualities. Their technology is more or less not advancing, look at the Neptune missile it is basically a direct copy of the KH-35.
They make good Gas turbine engines, rocket engines, diesel and jet engines. Designing engines is something even the big players have trouble.

All info I know about fighters is from DCS world but the f-6 is something special. View attachment 728053
Can you identify the pilot standing next to the F-6 in this picture ? (Hint : very famous guy in Bangladesh)
you will get a virtual biriyani if you can find his name :-)

View attachment 728054
Riyaz 😆😆😆
has the war in the east died down ?
Supposedly there’s a state of war. You know how it is with separatists... ran out of tanks and aircraft so now small arms fire in remote locations here and there. Nothing that hinders public life in cities

has the war in Ukraine died down ? I assume you live in Kiev so it must be pretty chill out there.
All I know about Ukraine is that they inherited industries from the USSR. It's a shame they aren't able to produce the BM oplot tanks quickly enough to keep up with foreign orders.

They got a good tank here tbh. In fact too good. Armor Protection atleast on par with if not more than western tanks except maybe depleted uranium blocks on US M1A2 but too expensive and the tank factory made only a few I heard. They inherited lots of industries but most are closed due to variety of factors, corruption, outdated tech, inefficiency, not enough funds, no contracts list goes on and on.
I live on the eastern part of the country... the city I live in used to make Satan 1 ballistic missiles, basically known for ballistic missiles and rocket tech since soviet times... Kharkiv is more of a fighter design city... mig etc
A mig office existed few blocks down the road from my home now theyre building a big building front of it... no activity I reckon since soviet times since I only saw the parking rented out to car dealers.
2AC32CD7-519B-401F-AA06-601EF6B85014.jpeg

waiting for summer, this is my favorite place to commute through in summers but I usually go through this place more in the winters for some reason.
the 3 rockets were made to celebrate their manufacturing capabilities and company anniversary but I never heard of any order placed in my 5 years here nor did I see anything being shipped. Manufacturing is basically dead. they’re consulted for design work by companies in US though I heard.
Fair enough, I don't see them as being an advanced defense industry ever but they have a good niche market they can fill.
They have a 4.5 generation fighter based on mig 29 in development for a few years now. Don’t know if it’s cancelled or not. But I reckon basically a mig 35 comparable

We had that plan before but never got funding from government, I will give you the model as soon as I can access my computer again, but IMO better to use drone as attack hellicopter can get shot by short range missile easily..

Here, it is a plan that has been around 8 years old

1616614159655.png

@The Ronin
1616614265787.png

1616614292125.png

Doesn't look too bad , so Indonesia is doing this alone or with a JV ?

Alone, Indonesia Aerospace has experience in producing Caracal and Bell 412. The design will be based on Bell 412. But since government is not interested in funding the program so this just stop on the design phase, without further development to make any real prototype.

Alone, Indonesia Aerospace has experience in producing Caracal and Bell 412. The design will be based on Bell 412. But since government is not interested in funding the program so this just stop on the design phase, without further development to make any real prototype.

Hmm I wonder if Indonesia can join Korea to make a attack helicopter , or will Indonesia work with Turkey ?

Hmm I wonder if Indonesia can join Korea to make a attack helicopter , or will Indonesia work with Turkey ?

There is no grand plan on developing any attack helicopter, at least until 2024. Beside Black Eagle Male UCAV and KFX/IFX program (renegotiation/uncertain), these are the rest of programs, that we plan to realize until 2024

1616626707860.png

There is no grand plan on developing any attack helicopter, at least until 2024. Beside Black Eagle Male UCAV and KFX/IFX program.

These are the rest of programs, that we plan to realize until 2024

View attachment 728216

Man this is not fair lol , how does Indonesia get to work on their own aircraft development and make their aviation industry more experienced while my nation of Bangladesh all they can do is state that they will make a fighter jet or a drone etc

Man this is not fair lol , how does Indonesia get to work on their own aircraft development and make their aviation industry more experienced while my nation of Bangladesh all they can do is state that they will make a fighter jet or a drone etc

Indonesians have a higher standard of living and are more developed, not to mention a large land mass and abundant natural resources. Bangladesh is probably in between half a decade to a decade or so behind Indonesia in development, and the country has limited natural resources and a large population in a small landmass. There are more important priorities for the government than to invest in expensive R&D. Private companies need to come up in the future and take the helm.

Indonesians have a higher standard of living and are more developed, not to mention a large land mass and abundant natural resources. Bangladesh is probably in between half a decade to a decade or so behind Indonesia in development, and the country has limited natural resources and a large population in a small landmass. There are more important priorities for the government than to invest in expensive R&D. Private companies need to come up in the future and take the helm.

True , but DAMMIT we're suppose to be trying harder to educate our people and also industrialize quick if we want to take this development seriously.

In Bangladesh people don't look up to Einstein or some Bangladeshi scientist they look up to Bangubandu sadly

Source?

Regardless, Z-10 is what Bangladesh "should" buy given the options available in the market, what they cost and the strings they come with.

I don't expect much from the BAF dumb idiots. They will most likely buy 16 EFTs and then go to sleep for another 10-20 years.

In fact attack helicopters should only be operated by the army. Since Gen Aziz has already declared that attack helicopters are in BA's consideration, there is hope.
There is a reason Pakistan is still waiting for t129. They can easily buy z10 whenever they want but still not going for it. They are keeping it as a last resort. Z10 might look damn good on papers but its actually not that good.

Back
Top Bottom