What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

..is what Yahya Khan said before going to bed every night.
it was rumoured that Ayub khan had an agreement with the PRC in 1965 regarding this issue. What stopped PRC from intervening in 1971 is the fact that Soviets massed their forces near the Sino-soviet border.

In this day and age of free-market capitalism where economies are linked with each other , wars like those of 65 and 71 cannot be waged.
After the indian parliament incident , indian armoured divisions positioned themselves near the Pakistani border. The US embassy instructed all of its citizens to leave India and the europeans followed suit. This caused a crisis in the indian economy overnight (investors got spooked) and forced them to the negotiating table.

it was rumoured that Ayub khan had an agreement with the PRC in 1965 regarding this issue. What stopped PRC from intervening in 1971 is the fact that Soviets massed their forces near the Sino-soviet border.

In this day and age of free-market capitalism where economies are linked with each other , wars like those of 65 and 71 cannot be waged.
After the indian parliament incident , indian armoured divisions positioned themselves near the Pakistani border. The US embassy instructed all of its citizens to leave India and the europeans followed suit. This caused a crisis in the indian economy overnight (investors got spooked) and forced them to the negotiating table.

I don't think that was the only reason.

The Indians cleverly attacked during the winter in December and so the Himalayas were snowbound, making any Chinese attack to relieve pressure on the Pakistanis very difficult. Anyway China was secretly sympathetic to BD, even if in public it supported Pakistan.

@Anubis

I am not suggesting that China would militarily intervene on the side of BD in case of war with India.

It is about keeping the military supply channels going, mainly with munitions like missiles and bombs that can run out very qucikly with war. Although we cannot be 100% confident that China will risk its own military in transporting the supplies to BD, if BD can collect them from China with its own transport planes/ships and safely bring them back to BD, then they will be available to BD.

To think that China cares about any short-term stoppage of 3% of its exports by India does not hold true in geopolitics. China cares far more about weakening India than it does about any short-term loss of a small percentage of its exports. The strategic gain in weaking India is far more than any loss of revenue from lesser exports to India.
India needs China more than the other way round.

I don't think that was the only reason.

The Indians cleverly attacked during the winter in December and so the Himalayas were snowbound, making any Chinese attack to relieve pressure on the Pakistanis very difficult. Anyway China was secretly sympathetic to BD, even if in public it supported Pakistan.

@Anubis

I am not suggesting that China would militarily intervene on the side of BD in case of war with India.

It is about keeping the military supply channels going, mainly with munitions like missiles and bombs that can run out very qucikly with war. Although we cannot be 100% confident that China will risk its own military in transporting the supplies to BD, if BD can collect them from China with its own transport planes/ships and safely bring them back to BD, then they will be available to BD.

To think that China cares about any short-term stoppage of 3% of its exports by India does not hold true in geopolitics. China cares far more about weakening India than it does about any short-term loss of a small percentage of its exports. The strategic gain in weaking India is far more than any loss of revenue from lesser exports to India.
India needs China more than the other way round.

While I agree that China would not stop supplying BD due to any Indian 'pressure' bringing the supplies to BD might prove impossible. India would definitely impose a naval blockade which we will not be able to breach on our own and any airway to BD would cross Indian airspace which would make both shipping and air supplies impossible..(remember Pakistan still had weapons and supplies in 71 but they couldn't get them to East Pakistan)..then again it is true for pretty much any supplier in the world that BD can possibly buy from. The only solution that will work by my understanding is to be able to make munitions, bombs, and ordinances in-house. Given the size of the Indian military and non-aliance stance of Bangladesh India won't really have to worry about engaging their military in any other fronts in any significant scale. Which means we will have to face a substantial amount of Indian military firepower and our only way out might not be to win but rather to make it costly enough for India not to try it.

At the end of the day, I don't see any reason for BD and India to go to war unless it already involves some other nation and the only benefit India will have by capturing BD would be to gain quick access to the North East. And for India to risk a war with Bangladesh to gain access to NE would probably mean that there are Chinese boots on the ground there...that would change the scenario completely.

While I agree that China would not stop supplying BD due to any Indian 'pressure' bringing the supplies to BD might prove impossible. India would definitely impose a naval blockade which we will not be able to breach on our own and any airway to BD would cross Indian airspace which would make both shipping and air supplies impossible..(remember Pakistan still had weapons and supplies in 71 but they couldn't get them to East Pakistan)..then again it is true for pretty much any supplier in the world that BD can possibly buy from. The only solution that will work by my understanding is to be able to make munitions, bombs, and ordinances in-house. Given the size of the Indian military and non-aliance stance of Bangladesh India won't really have to worry about engaging their military in any other fronts in any significant scale. Which means we will have to face a substantial amount of Indian military firepower and our only way out might not be to win but rather to make it costly enough for India not to try it.

At the end of the day, I don't see any reason for BD and India to go to war unless it already involves some other nation and the only benefit India will have by capturing BD would be to gain quick access to the North East. And for India to risk a war with Bangladesh to gain access to NE would probably mean that there are Chinese boots on the ground there...that would change the scenario completely.

Yes that is why BD needs a strong Navy and Airforce to protect the supplies coming in during war-time.

Most realistic proposal is that Myanmar allows an "air-corridor" but that could be difficult as they may not want to upset the Indians. If China was to apply real pressure, which is not certain, then they would allow it.

Submarine is another realistic possibility as they would have the best chance to evade Indian Navy.

I think that producing hi-tech(laser-guided/GPS) bombs in BD is realistic in the next 10-20 years but not high-tech missiles like WVR and BVR missiles with their sophisticated seekers and propulsion systems.

BD best bet in this case would be to have a large stockpile in place as bombs and missiles can last a decade or more in stock these days. Yes it will be expensive but better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Air power - How to rule the sky 1914-2019
air power is the most essential part of warfare. Area denial weapons like SAMs cannot be substitute for effective air power, land and sea assets are useless without it.
i ask everyone to watch this informative video to the end.

Air power - How to rule the sky 1914-2019
air power is the most essential part of warfare. Area denial weapons like SAMs cannot be substitute for effective air power, land and sea assets are useless without it.
i ask everyone to watch this informative video to the end.

BAF management morons needs to watch it.... they arw clueless.

26th April in Belarus.

1620505303268.png

1620505342890.png

1620505386793.png

Cool , I was wondering if we can make our F-7s capable of using cruise missiles ?
Of course you could but they would likely be very light ones with smaller warheads, and lower ranges.

For reference

Israeli Delilah cruise missiles weighs 187 kg and has 250km range with a 30kg warhead.
1620532545307.png

UAE Nasef cruise missile weighs 100kg and has a 120km with a 50kg warhead.

1620532581959.png

Eurofighter Typhoon Walkaround and History

this is prototype named DA1
EDIT: it looks like this an early prototype meant to test various systems , flight characteristics. this is not the production variant

Eurofighter Typhoon Walkaround and History

this is prototype named DA1
EDIT: it looks like this an early prototype meant to test various systems , flight characteristics. this is not the production variant

Man I have been noticing that all these nation have been buying or already operate 4++ gen fighters but Bangladesh apparently doesn't

We aren't Argentina who can't buy certain fighters due to the British blocking the purchase or Iran under sanctions.

BAF is truly pathetic when you start looking at other nations Air Forces

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom