What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

The availabilty rate of Eurofighters in RAF is about 60%. Check this article out:

Thanks for this Brother.

That means at any given point of time we will roughly have 10 out of 16 EFTs available. Assuming BAF is actually buying the EFTs. That is certainly not enough in number in case of conflict.

I hope BAF really supplements the EFTs with J 10 in good numbers. But who am I kidding..it's BAF it will take them another decade or two to replace the F7s.

Thanks for this Brother.

That means at any given point of time we will roughly have 10 out of 16 EFTs available. Assuming BAF is actually buying the EFTs. That is certainly not enough in number in case of conflict.

I hope BAF really supplements the EFTs with J 10 in good numbers. But who am I kidding..it's BAF it will take them another decade or two to replace the F7s.

Its 60% for RAF but it will be less for BAF.

Its 60% for RAF but it will be less for BAF.
we will have a 1/10 th of their Typhoon fleet size. a miniscule budget compared to them but it can be allocated to maintain and repair small number of EFT.
i understand that those EFT might be tranche 1 which require extensive maintenance
maybe 56% , whatever that may be it will be higher than that of flankers or fulcrums.

Last edited:
BN can do bulk orders and buildup the build up the BN fleet in 2-3 years, especially the submarine arm . NATO level tech available very cheaply.

Just by making these move , will make BD armed forces one of the most feared force in the South Asian / south east region in 2-4 years. Very much achievable , only need political will.

We think alike me and you. The path is completely clear Turkey foreign minister Mevlut said that we will sell to Bangladesh high tech caliber systems without any pre-attached conditions

we will have a 1/10 th of their Typhoon fleet size. a miniscule budget compared to them but it can be allocated to maintain and repair small number of EFT.
i understand that those EFT might be tranche 1 which require extensive maintenance
maybe 56% , whatever that may be it will be higher than that of flankers or fulcrums.

Even BAF is not stupid enough to buy tranche 1 EFT.... where did you get your information from.... the 56% sounds awfully like malaysian statement regarding russian jets...

Even BAF is not stupid enough to buy tranche 1 EFT.... where did you get your information from.... the 56% sounds awfully like malaysian statement regarding russian jets...
Tranche 1 are not in production anymore. So that's not happening
I did not get that figure from anywhere , just a conservative estimate. But if we get Tranche 2 or Tranche 3 , they will have better reliability and servicing characteristics than T1

We think alike me and you. The path is completely clear Turkey foreign minister Mevlut said that we will sell to Bangladesh high tech caliber systems without any pre-attached conditions
Yes. Espacially with the Chinese defense minister stating that china sees BD as part of a military alliance.

I read rapid upgrade of BD military capabilities soon if BD is going to be a functional part of the alliance.

The Chinese are very efficient people. Expect changes in the coming months.

Yes. Espacially with the Chinese defense minister stating that china sees BD as part of a military alliance.

I read rapid upgrade of BD military capabilities soon if BD is going to be a functional part of the alliance.

The Chinese are very efficient people. Expect changes in the coming months.

I believe the Chinese have geninue interest in BD and seing a stronger BD benefits them alot it solves for them alot of headaches in the long term. BD should demand the best tech China has to offer because mostly they sell junk and keep the good once themselves but BD should make it clear that it needs some serious tech and weaponry transfer while on the otherside doing some heavy shopping in Turkey in all the big stuff. China has good jamming tech and can paralyze the grid BD needs some of that. You need both systems the best Turkey has to offer without upsetting your partner in China buying also alot from them making a balancing act on the shopping list and I do believe China wants to transfer high quality tech weaponry to BD because they want BD to function as a shield for them and basically for them it is like investing in the great wall and this plays into BD's own desires of gaining muscles so things naturally align for BD

Last edited:
I believe the Chinese have geninue interest in BD and seing a stronger BD benefits them alot it solves for them alot of headaches in the long term. BD should demand the best tech China has to offer because mostly they sell junk and keep the good once themselves but BD should make it clear that it needs some serious tech and weaponry transfer while on the otherside doing some heavy shopping in Turkey in all the big stuff. China has good jamming tech and can paralyze the grid BD needs some of that. You need both systems the best Turkey has to offer without upsetting your partner in China buying also alot from them making a balancing act on the shopping list and I do believe China wants to transfer high quality tech weaponry to BD because they want BD to function as a shield for them and basically for them it is like investing in the great wall and this plays into BD's own desires of gaining muscles so things naturally align for BD

To do the bolded part , Bd needs cyber command.

The Chinese will only give the good stuff to BD when BD commits to the Chinese side.

Last edited:
Italy, Egypt To Sign Mega Arms Deal Includes 24 Eurofighters, 24 M346 Trainers and 6 Frigates

if this deal goes through (likely) , EFT procurement for BAF might take a bit longer than expected. They are not going to open a new production line for 16 jets.

This should not be taken as negative , rather BAF's incompetence should be highlighted. i thought it would take 2025-2027 to get EFT if ordered , and a few years to set up facilities, training , weapons packages etc which would take 2030.
But this has the possibility of shifting the time for EFT to be fully integrated to 2032-2033.
please bear in mind that this is my speculation.
Would like to know your thoughts

Sincerely , All the best to Egypt for acquiring this beast of a jet @Gomig-21 , Parla Italiano ? :buba_phone:

Last edited:
Italy, Egypt To Sign Mega Arms Deal Includes 24 Eurofighters, 24 M346 Trainers and 6 Frigates

if this deal goes through (likely) , EFT procurement for BAF might take a bit longer than expected. They are not going to open a new production line for 16 jets.

This should not be taken as negative , rather BAF's incompetence should be highlighted. i thought it would take 2025-2027 to get EFT if ordered , and a few years to set up facilities, training , weapons packages etc which would take 2030.
But this has the possibility of shifting the time for EFT to be fully integrated to 2032-2033.
please bear in mind that this is my speculation.
Would like to know your thoughts
Buy the time BAF buy EFT and integrate it to the BAF combat system, it will have the same combat value that mig 21 enjoy today . BAF will do much better to get TOT for J10 and produce it inhouse and invest in the Turkish fighter development programme.

However the news you have posted could also mean BAF not want EFT? Maybe the CHinese defense minister pushed BD to consider Chinese jets..

Buy the time BAF buy EFT and integrate it to the BAF combat system, it will have the same combat value that mig 21 enjoy today . BAF will do much better to get TOT for J10 and produce it inhouse and invest in the Turkish fighter development programme.

However the news you have posted could also mean BAF not want EFT? Maybe the CHinese defense minister pushed BD to consider Chinese jets..
if germany will operate typhoon till 2060 its good enough for us.
J-10c can be considered for f-7 replacement

Not taking Dig at EFT.

Just saying that BAF just spend a decade doing nothing

How can you be sure that BAF will integrate the Plane in 2030-2040 ?

very incompetent

Ye they didn’t manage a 50% rate 😂

Turkish or the KFX program. Cant go wrong with either
Also keep in mind Germany has most of its things out of action or outdated due to budgetary restrictions

Also keep in mind Germany has most of its things out of action or outdated due to budgetary restrictions
bruh they just ordered 38 new EFT and most of their EFT is of T1 variants which are from early 2000s so they are 20+ year old airframes.
your point about them being underfunded is fair.
we will probably get 16 and try to keep as many airworthy for as long a period of time as possible.
It will send a message to bandors give them a psychological shock.
Imagine storm shadow missiles hitting their ports and crippling their economy.

Back
Top Bottom