What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Man I have been noticing that all these nation have been buying or already operate 4++ gen fighters but Bangladesh apparently doesn't

We aren't Argentina who can't buy certain fighters due to the British blocking the purchase or Iran under sanctions.

BAF is truly pathetic when you start looking at other nations Air Forces
its not even an issue about funds , it is the lack of willingness to do anything. I hope a contract is signed this year or next year for EFT. Also hope BAF starts process of replacing F-7s with J-10CE , F-16, gripen etc

its not even an issue about funds , it is the lack of willingness to do anything. I hope a contract is signed this year or next year for EFT. Also hope BAF starts process of replacing F-7s with J-10CE , F-16, gripen etc

BAF inaction is a result of lack of purpose, it does not have any clear doctrine or roadmap that it can follow. Its a rudderless organisation.

Hopefully no corruption will happen for ex like the Mig-29 deals , and it better be the EFT and not some baguette Rafale
nah dont think there was as much corruption with MiG-29 deal as it was claimed. We got those birds at a discount ($12 million/aircraft ) , mainly because the original plan was to get more than 16.
the successive goverment cancelled the deal for the remaining 8 migs ( for which we had paid some amount of money ) for political reasons. The 8 migs were later sold to belarus. This was done out of personal spite similar to how the BNS Banghabandhu , which was the most advanced frigate in South Asia (at that time) was retired and turned into a museum ship. They wanted to sell the 8 Migs that we currently have now to make some money.

nah dont think there was as much corruption with MiG-29 deal as it was claimed. We got those birds at a discount ($12 million/aircraft ) , mainly because the original plan was to get more than 16.
the successive goverment cancelled the deal for the remaining 8 migs ( for which we had paid some amount of money ) for political reasons. The 8 migs were later sold to belarus. This was done out of personal spite similar to how the BNS Banghabandhu , which was the most advanced frigate in South Asia (at that time) was retired and turned into a museum ship. They wanted to sell the 8 Migs that we currently have now to make some money.

The thing is with the replacement deal for the F-7s , I would personally wait and not replace them with the J-10Cs but with some stealth fighter like the Turkish TFX if we can get TOT to make them in Bangladesh.

By the time Bangladesh even thinks of inducting J-10c it will like 2030+ so too late , plus our economy is growing and you can have a big @ss economy all you want but if your defense is low you can kiss goodbye to development.

We also need SAMs specifically Medium range , and don't even get me started on our maritime claims that we will need to force which will require a much more serious Navy.

The thing is with the replacement deal for the F-7s , I would personally wait and not replace them with the J-10Cs but with some stealth fighter like the Turkish TFX if we can get TOT to make them in Bangladesh.
i think 4++ gen fighters will remain relevant up until 2060s (germany will operate EFTs) . Once the TF project matures and comes into service with TAF, it will be a candidate for 5th gen fighter procurement.
maritime claims that we will need to force which will require a much more serious Navy.
agreed, Naval strategy is build strategy. BN will seek to procure more subs, LPD , frigates, research and recovery vessels in a recently published official document.
if we manage to extract resources from the Bay of Bengal natural gas in particular , it could provide a boost to the economy.

i think 4++ gen fighters will remain relevant up until 2060s (germany will operate EFTs) . Once the TF project matures and comes into service with TAF, it will be a candidate for 5th gen fighter procurement.

agreed, Naval strategy is build strategy. BN will seek to procure more subs, LPD , frigates, research and recovery vessels in a recently published official document.
if we manage to extract resources from the Bay of Bengal natural gas in particular , it could provide a boost to the economy.

I guess and not even India is getting 5th gen fighters any time soon , but didn't Bangladesh Navy want like LHDs too lol ? But yes Frigates with ASW helicopters along with many Subs and maybe slide in 1-2 destroyers we can and hopefully will have a strong Navy.

For LHDs I would prefer the Dokdo since we already operate a Korean Frigate
ROKS_Dokdo_(LPH_6111)_-_Invincible_Spirit.jpg

She's a beauty plus we can use this for UN operations and humanitarian operations in our own nations during floods. Perfect command ship ( by the way BN wants LHDs not just my dumb@ss lol)

I also remember hearing about American LHDs helping us during our Moonsoon's disasters

For Frigates I personally like South Korean and for future Destroyers Turkish ones will be nice

Tf-2000.jpg

She's a beauty plus we can use this for UN operations and humanitarian operations in our own nations during floods. Perfect command ship ( by the way BN wants LHDs not just my dumb@ss lol)
i think these would be used for relief operations after cyclones and supplying UN troops?
For Frigates I personally like South Korean and for future Destroyers Turkish ones will be nice
nah frigates with VLS and medium-long range air defence will do fine no need for destroyers. we need an ASW helicopter for the frigates and some Maritime patrol aircraft with offensive capability.
let me introduce saab swordfish
1620572408419.png

i think these would be used for relief operations after cyclones and supplying UN troops?

nah frigates with VLS and medium-long range air defence will do fine no need for destroyers. we need an ASW helicopter for the frigates and some Maritime patrol aircraft with offensive capability.
let me introduce saab swordfish
View attachment 742124

True I guess I mean we can get mix Frigate/Destroyer cause when you get something like an LHD you need something to spear head the carrier strike group and for that you need ships like an Destroyer or a Frigate nearly as strong as a Destroyer.

But yes we definitely need these Maritime Patrol Aircrafts like the SAAB Swordfish

I don't want you to misunderstand what I have said, but Bangladesh is a cashless country, the purchase and maintenance costs are extraordinary, or instead of the aircraft that will (will reach), 4th generation air and ground missions and point-firing missiles will be much better.

I don't want you to misunderstand what I have said, but Bangladesh is a cashless country, the purchase and maintenance costs are extraordinary, or instead of the aircraft that will (will reach), 4th generation air and ground missions and point-firing missiles will be much better.

It'd be a shame if those " ground systems" get bombed by our enemies and we can't hit em back since we don't have fighters to go out and hit em.

Fighters are needed alongside missiles , can't do one without the other

I guess and not even India is getting 5th gen fighters any time soon , but didn't Bangladesh Navy want like LHDs too lol ? But yes Frigates with ASW helicopters along with many Subs and maybe slide in 1-2 destroyers we can and hopefully will have a strong Navy.

For LHDs I would prefer the Dokdo since we already operate a Korean Frigate
View attachment 742119

I also remember hearing about American LHDs helping us during our Moonsoon's disasters

View attachment 742120
Before all that , in my opinion, I would rather see BN induct at least 4-5 medium tech subs. 2-3 high tech subs. BAF induct 2-4 squadrons of 4th gen MRCA and Medium range SAM network for the entire country. BA induct tactical Ballistic missiles and CM.

All the above should be done within the next 5 years.

if India and China clash within the next 5 years. War will be coming to BD .

BD should focus on the next 5 years. The next 5 years deicide the fate of BD as a state, maybe the entire subcontinent.

It'd be a shame if those " ground systems" get bombed by our enemies and we can't hit em back since we don't have fighters to go out and hit em.

Fighters are needed alongside missiles , can't do one without the other

Ideal scenario have both.... but I would rather have the missile arsenal than jets....look what the Iranians have been able to achieve.

Before all that , in my opinion, I would rather see BN induct at least 4-5 medium tech subs. 2-3 high tech subs. BAF induct 2-4 squadrons of 4th gen MRCA and Medium range SAM network for the entire country. BA induct tactical Ballistic missiles and CM.

All the above should be done within the next 5 years.

if India and China clash within the next 5 years. War will be coming to BD .

BD should focus on the next 5 years. The next 5 years deicide the fate of BD as a state, maybe the entire subcontinent.

BD Government : *Yawns* we will not induct anything but make some 7.62mm bullets for our Bangubadu-47s that's all.

But seriously I don't have much faith in Bangladesh's leadership in defense lol
Ideal scenario have both.... but I would rather have the missile arsenal than jets....look what the Iranians have been able to achieve.

True , if we're working on rockets might as well make a dam space agency lol

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom