What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Well they bought 8 Mig 29's, maybe they might buy 8 Eurofighters and call it a day.

That was entirely due to politics. The govt. Changed after first 8 migs arrived and the corrupt and incompetent Khaleda Zia govt. Cancelled the order for the rest. It wasn't because BD didn't have the money. It's just that the politicians couldn't profit out of it.

That was entirely due to politics. The govt. Changed after first 8 migs arrived and the corrupt and incompetent Khaleda Zia govt. Cancelled the order for the rest. It wasn't because BD didn't have the money. It's just that the politicians couldn't profit out of it.

We will just have to wait and see what BAF goes for.

If BD wants to take out IAF Rafales all it needs is to take out is its airbases like I have mentioned many times before.

Hasimara AFB which houses Rafales is right next to Bangladesh, even that new Turkish artillery rocket could take those bases out with mass barrages.

If BD invested in offensive, yet cheap and effective weaponry it would be a massive force multiplier in my opinion.

Something like this with variable projectiles able to fired from SRBM, MLRS, and even anti ship missiles.
1617387127657.png

1617387204570.png

Last edited:
Well they bought 8 Mig 29's, maybe they might buy 8 Eurofighters and call it a day.

No whatever is being purchased the number will be 16 as it has been quoted officially multiple times. This qont change.

The 8 migs purchased at that time was a great purchase, atleast another 8 would have been purchased if not for BNP.
If BD wants to take out IAF Rafales all it needs is to take out is its airbases like I have mentioned many times before.

Hasimara AFB which houses Rafales is right next to Bangladesh, even that new Turkish artillery rocket could take those bases out with mass barrages.

If BD invested in offensive, yet cheap and effective weaponry it would be a massive force multiplier in my opinion.

Something like this with variable projectiles able to fired from SRBM, MLRS, and even anti ship missiles.
View attachment 730579

View attachment 730580

SAM are critical whilst there has been some movement, BA has not really aquired much capacity.

IAF has refuelling capability BAF will still need EFT even if nearby bases are taken out.

SAM are critical whilst there has been some movement, BA has not really aquired much capacity.

IAF has refuelling capability BAF will still need EFT even if nearby bases are taken out.
A strong air force is needed as well as a strong land force to complement said air force against a power that is much stronger, and bigger than bD.

A strong air force is needed as well as a strong land force to complement said air force against a power that is much stronger, and bigger than bD.

Yep BAF will need MRSAM to protect its airbase where these new MRCAs are housed as they would be prime targets for attack.

In fact at this stage it would make more sense to buy a dozen batteries of MRSAM in order to protect critical targets like Dhaka, Chittagong, Padma Bridge, BAF and BN bases before spending money on MRSAM.

This 1 billion US dollars spent on MRSAM would give far better bang for the buck than the equivalent 1 billion US dollars on fighters right now.

Yep BAF will need MRSAM to protect its airbase where these new MRCAs are housed as they would be prime targets for attack.

In fact at this stage it would make more sense to buy a dozen batteries of MRSAM in order to protect critical targets like Dhaka, Chittagong, Padma Bridge, BAF and BN bases before spending money on MRSAM.

This 1 billion US dollars spent on MRSAM would give far better bang for the buck than the equivalent 1 billion US dollars on fighters right now.

Absolutely agree..... also I think we can easily create a production line to produce indiginious SAM with max $100m...... this technology is now in public domain but lethality remains..it wont be the most high tech but even it the range was say 50-100km we can produced them in numbers and create a fire break zone around the country.... this would be enough to pressure chicken neck, neutralise tripura and disrupt sealines to culcutta...

Absolutely agree..... also I think we can easily create a production line to produce indiginious SAM with max $100m...... this technology is now in public domain but lethality remains..it wont be the most high tech but even it the range was say 50-100km we can produced them in numbers and create a fire break zone around the country.... this would be enough to pressure chicken neck, neutralise tripura and disrupt sealines to culcutta...

BD already produces Chinese Manpads on licence and so production line for MRSAM is the next logical step.

A comprehensive MRSAM network and those 16 MRCAs from West(likely to be 16 EFTs from UK with Meteor/Mk 2 AESA radar) is the most critical need for BD military above anything else right now.

Just these two purchases would give BD instant military superiority over Myanmar and give the Indians a headache if they ever think about putting military pressure on BD.

I wonder about a separate branch of the armed forces that handles Ballistic and Cruise missile strikes.

Bangladesh missile force?

It just needs to build up an MTCR compliant force of mainly Chinese SRBM and LACM while working with the North Koreans or whoever will supply ballistic missile technology for a price for Bengali engineers to than work on and develop longer ranged BMs.

I wonder about a separate branch of the armed forces that handles Ballistic and Cruise missile strikes.

It just needs to build up an MTCR compliant force of mainly Chinese SRBM and LACM while working with the North Koreans or whoever will supply ballistic missile technology for a price for Bengali engineers to than work on and develop longer ranged BMs.

Let's make sure the CIA doesn't find out :meeting:

BD already produces Chinese Manpads on licence and so production line for MRSAM is the next logical step.

A comprehensive MRSAM network and those 16 MRCAs from West(likely to be 16 EFTs from UK with Meteor/Mk 2 AESA radar) is the most critical need for BD military above anything else right now.

Just these two purchases would give BD instant military superiority over Myanmar and give the Indians a headache if they ever think about putting military pressure on BD.
Add strike drones...

And yindoo will officially go gaga..

I have always felt that BD needs a forth arm in its armed force... a dedicated missile force. It should also be in charge of surveillance and combat drones. Its purpose should be purely offensive.
Let's make sure the CIA doesn't find out :meeting:

Dont really think it would an issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom