What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Yes USA would have allowed AMRAAM sale later on but even the later versions of the sparrow missile were very deadly when used in combination of the F-16 Block 52+ radar and its EW system.
Far better than the Mig-29s that MAF brought.
have we bought R-77s for our upgraded MiGs yet ? R-27 are okay at best.

So it was Sweden who doesn't want to sell Gripens to BAF or am I missing something.

Sweden wanted to sell new Gripens but Bangladesh wanted older ones , Sweden said No cause Bangladesh wanted older Gripens
Don’t think so as there have been no reports.

R27s are still deadly to an airforce like MAF that is not that sophisticated.

Idk how many flight hours our pilots get , skill counts as well

Sweden wanted to sell new Gripens but Bangladesh wanted older ones , Sweden said No cause Bangladesh wanted older Gripens

Why would BAF want second instead of new? or was it cos of budget constraints?

True , but if we got Jf-17s India will be pissed lol

For $3 billion BAF can get 3 x 16 JF17 Block 3 with aesa and PL15 missiles and still have
money left over to buy Erieye awacs. There is a reason why Myanmar went and ordered JF17,
its an upgrade from 3rd gen F7 to 4th gen, costs much less than a western fighter and low
maintenance cost.

For $3 billion BAF can get 3 x 16 JF17 Block 3 with aesa and PL15 missiles and still have
money left over to buy Erieye awacs. There is a reason why Myanmar went and ordered JF17,
its an upgrade from 3rd gen F7 to 4th gen, costs much less than a western fighter and low
maintenance cost.

Yeah , too bad Myanmar is using their jets against their own people

maintenance cost.

BAF needs to withstand raffles....for that only EFT would do.... meteor vs meteor....but EFT clearly better in the air dominance role.

One squadron of EFT i would have over 3 squadron of JF17.

JF17/J10 however as our second string jets would be fantastic with PL15.

BAF needs to withstand raffles....for that only EFT would do.... meteor vs meteor....but EFT clearly better in the air dominance role.

One squadron of EFT i would have over 3 squadron of JF17.

JF17/J10 however as our second string jets would be fantastic with PL15.

Pl15 outranges the meteor. We dont know if BAF will get the meteor yet, contract has
not been signed.

Pl15 outranges the meteor. We dont know if BAF will get the meteor yet, contract has
not been signed.

I am going with the assumption that they will otherwise rather pointless. EFT is purely to give BAF a chance against IAF. We can not afford quantity so quality will have to do.

I know PL15 out ranges meteor but let me put it this way IAF will fear JF17 but EFT they will fear more.

You know the state BAF is in.... EFT gives us a fighting chance.... BAF likely to only buy a few jets... i would personally it be EFT.. BD is unlikely to buy anything for 5 years after a jet purchase...

I am going with the assumption that they will otherwise rather pointless. EFT is purely to give BAF a chance against IAF. We can not afford quantity so quality will have to do.

I know PL15 out ranges meteor but let me put it this way IAF will fear JF17 but EFT they will fear more.

You know the state BAF is in.... EFT gives us a fighting chance.... BAF likely to only buy a few jets... i would personally it be EFT.. BD is unlikely to buy anything for 5 years after a jet purchase...

If you the top shelf Eurofighter then for $3 billion you will get about 12. BAF will also need awacs and EW
planes as well. Check out Qatar deal for 24 Eurofighters which is worth £6 billiion pounds.

If you the top shelf Eurofighter then for $3 billion you will get about 12. BAF will also need awacs and EW
planes as well. Check out Qatar deal for 24 Eurofighters which is worth £6 billiion pounds.

BD going to buy 16 of something and that's it in my opinion....I hope its going to be EFT....

BAF lacks vision or doctrine for AWACS, refuelers or EW assets. We can always hope but again in my opinion zero chance anytime soon...

BD going to buy 16 of something and that's it in my opinion....I hope its going to be EFT....

BAF lacks vision or doctrine for AWACS, refuelers or EW assets. We can always hope but again in my opinion zero chance anytime soon...

Well they bought 8 Mig 29's, maybe they might buy 8 Eurofighters and call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom