What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Look T 50 Golden Eagle get huge US assistance from top Aerospace company, Lockheed Martin. SK doesnt build the plane alone.

T-50 is pretty good I think the Philippines and you guys operate them , but again the T-50 uses American engines so it's a no no for us

Look T 50 Golden Eagle get huge US assistance from top Aerospace company, Lockheed Martin. SK doesnt build the plane alone.

I know that. I am not commenting at KFXs quality or pedigree.

BD is not part of the development consortium..... its interest if there is any would be purely academical.... we have absolutely no skin in the game...

As to acquisition, KFX wont be a contender for any country other than those who are building it until it is in service for a decade. A jet is just too expensive a purchase to make and you only buy from proven platform with history.

I know that. I am not commenting at KFXs quality or pedigree.

BD is not part of the development consortium..... its interest if there is any would be purely academical.... we have absolutely no skin in the game...

As to acquisition, KFX wont be a contender for any country other than those who are building it until it is in service for a decade. A jet is just too expensive a purchase to make and you only buy from proven platform with history.

I am talking about T 50 Golden Eagle (FA 50), not KFX/IFX fighters.

I am talking about T 50 Golden Eagle (FA 50),
It could be contender for f-7 replacement alongside j-10C. Our leadership is allergic to buying anything with American components.

I also wanted to ask about Indonesia's Su-35 deal if you have time.
Has it been cancelled ?
What role was Su-35s required to fill ?
If it has been cancelled , what other platform is Indonesia looking for ?

thank you

Edit: one more question, How does Indonesia purchase US equipment and attract chinese investment ?

It could be contender for f-7 replacement alongside j-10C. Our leadership is allergic to buying anything with American components.

I also wanted to ask about Indonesia's Su-35 deal if you have time.
Has it been cancelled ?
What role was Su-35s required to fill ?
If it has been cancelled , what other platform is Indonesia looking for ?

thank you

I dont think your leadership is alergic with American components, it proves they were trying to get SAB Gripen older variant with F404 engine from GE.

I believe SU 35 deal is likely a death deal due to CATSA. We have KFX/IFX program going on, no way we are going to appease USA over buying SU 35. Air Force doesnt say anything about it in latest acquisition planning.

SU 35 is a heavy weight fighter with long range capability. It is why almost all black flight happened in Indonesian territory is catch by SU 30/27 instead of our F 16 / Hawk / T 50 i. It is good for deep strike penetration, bombing, and naval attack using Brahmos.

Our Planning Ministry only approve 1.6 billion USD foreign loan to acquire new fighters until 2024. The contender is Rafale and F15 EX. It is intended to fill previous F 5 squadron that has been long grounded, other Squadron lend them 3 SU 30 to make the squadron keep alive.

As the Air Force chooses to lend 3 SU 30 planes instead of F 16 to that previous F 5 squadron, so I believe they are going to choose F15 EX (another heavy weight fighter) as US has already offered us that plane, but Today there is process in Pentagon to get some sort of Parliament approval since it is considered very strategic US asset.

1617777757738.png

T-50 is pretty good I think the Philippines and you guys operate them , but again the T-50 uses American engines so it's a no no for us
I am talking about T 50 Golden Eagle (FA 50), not KFX/IFX fighters.

Sorry .... i misunderstood....

FA 50 would have been a good choice for BAF instead of the YAK-130. Although FA50 is supersonic it in that same niche of light fighters... for BAF this space has now been filled.

BAF primary aim is air dominance.... for the heavy role hopefully EFT has been selected.

This still leaves space for replacement of F7s....the medium capacity... in this space i would go for full fighters such as J10/JFT or if money allows Grippens.... FA-50 is great fighter in the light weight class but unfortunately that class has now been filled. I wonder if BAF even considered it, i suspect not, they are really rubbish ( BAF management not FA-50)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom