What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

This FY 4 BAF Mi-171Sh helicopters will be upgraded with Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) systems. BAF is gradually equipping its entire Mi-171 fleet with night vision (FLIR) systems after undertaking the same project with its Bell 212 fleet. Its Italian-origin new generation helicopters are already outfitted with FLIR system and NVG friendly cockpit.

1606903556875.png

This FY 4 BAF Mi-171Sh helicopters will be upgraded with Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) systems. BAF is gradually equipping its entire Mi-171 fleet with night vision (FLIR) systems after undertaking the same project with its Bell 212 fleet. Its Italian-origin new generation helicopters are already outfitted with FLIR system and NVG friendly cockpit.

View attachment 692504

Very timely initiative. Ensuring night time ride comfort can be a deal breaker in this highly competitive industry.

Any updates on the Mig-29s being upgraded in Belarus?

Should be delivered soon I would think given history.

Hopefully they get a new and better camo, preferably in gray like the F-7.

Any updates on the Mig-29s being upgraded in Belarus?

Should be delivered soon I would think given history.

Hopefully they get a new and better camo, preferably in gray like the F-7.
Man Belarus is more unreliable than ukraine. Idk why they sent those there.
with their political unrest, idk if that helped in slowing of upgrade process

Man Belarus is more unreliable than ukraine. Idk why they sent those there.
with their political unrest, idk if that helped in slowing of upgrade process
honestly better just to give up on migs and look for one solid, reliable platformin 50+ numbers brought in batches with MRO facility at home..

top contenders should be f16, gripen,, j10 and jf-17(if relationship between us get better though unlikley)..these are the only one that would cost <6b $ for 60+ numbers or 4 full time squadrons

BAF would need 4 squadrons at least to counter myanmur and india is 40+ squardons

honestly better just to give up on migs and look for one solid, reliable platformin 50+ numbers brought in batches with MRO facility at home..

top contenders should be f16, gripen,, j10 and jf-17(if relationship between us get better though unlikley)..these are the only one that would cost <6b $ for 60+ numbers or 4 full time squadrons

BAF would need 4 squadrons at least to counter myanmur and india is 40+ squardons
I’m hoping they don’t go for paperweight again like EFT, although latest, we can’t afford losing one. We should go for a numbers game. F16 or j10 until economy grows stronger past 2030

I’m hoping they don’t go for paperweight again like EFT, although latest, we can’t afford losing one. We should go for a numbers game. F16 or j10 until economy grows stronger past 2030
EFT is more sanctioned likely then f16 or gripen

J10 seems to an option but engine might not be good

EFT is more sanctioned likely then f16 or gripen

J10 seems to an option but engine might not be good

The only issue with J-10 engine is lifespan. Reliability should be decent as otherwise China would not be using them for their J-10Cs since 2019.

Last I checked it was around 1500 hours estimated as opposed to 6000+ hours for a western fighter.

Gripen + J-10c is the logical choice to have numbers while balancing quality, supplier reliability, etc.

The only issue with J-10 engine is lifespan. Reliability should be decent as otherwise China would not be using them for their J-10Cs since 2019.

Last I checked it was around 1500 hours estimated as opposed to 6000+ hours for a western fighter.
Comparable to or better than what the Russians are doing now.

Better to just get gripen or used f16s

I would say try to leverage indian suppory and get used f16s with aim120/harpoon
And that should cover it

Better to just get gripen or used f16s

I would say try to leverage indian suppory and get used f16s with aim120/harpoon
And that should cover it

If u allow me old F16s with V upgrade can only compete in future with adversary.

Back
Top Bottom