What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

No Idea but that page has credible sources....

J-10C is the front runner and is nearly destined to be the jet that replaces BAF's single engine fleet of F-7s, so it's not exactly a surprise that J-10C will be there.

Keep me posted if more info on the deal comes to light! If China exports the WS-10 variant of J-10C then it will be the first completely domestic 4th generation fighter China has offered for export!

Keep me posted if more info on the deal comes to light! If China exports the WS-10 variant of J-10C then it will be the first completely domestic 4th generation fighter China has offered for export!

Which engine is powering J-10CE? I thought China completely shifted to WS-10 for J-10B and C.

Which engine is powering J-10CE? I thought China completely shifted to WS-10 for J-10B and C.

J-10B was produced in limited numbers since it uses PESA and inferior avionics to the J-10C. The ones actually in service with the PLA use AL-31 engines but one of the J-10Bs was used as a demonstrator for thrust-vectored WS-10 engine.

J-10C has been using AL-31 engines up until very recently (April 2020 I believe) when the latest batch of J-10Cs entered service with WS-10 engines. Personally I believe that J-10CE should use WS-10 to avoid potential limitations by Russian engine manufacturers, but since the J-10C is a single-engine plane, it is probably for the best for the PLAAF to use them for a couple of years just to see how well it performs in service as well as root out bugs and potential pitfalls.

You don't know? It's already cancelled.

I had no idea. WTF happened?! I thought they had signed a contract for 8 of them. Usually once a contract is signed, it's almost never dropped unless there was a breach of the contract itself.

I had no idea. WTF happened?! I thought they had signed a contract for 8 of them. Usually once a contract is signed, it's almost never dropped unless there was a breach of the contract itself.

8 MRCA is history. They were trying to sell us Mi-29 with Sukhoi. And they supported Myanmar for Rohingya issue. Based on various reports now BAF is trying to buy 16 fighters and EFT, Rafale and unknown American jet is the contender i think.

Never went beyond tender stage

Huh, I thought they signed the deal. That's too bad.

8 MRCA is history. They were trying to sell us Mi-29 with Sukhoi. And they supported Myanmar for Rohingya issue. Based on various reports now BAF is trying to buy 16 fighters and EFT, Rafale and unknown American jet is the contender i think.

Interesting. It sounds like most of you fellas prefer the European choice instead of the Russian one or even an American one from what I'm seeing. Certainly don't blame you and I'd be really curious to know which US jet is in the running?!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom