What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

True I guess , Hisar U says 100km which isn't bad but doesn't feel very long range.

Let's see what excuse BAF has in 2021

Hisar-U will start with 100km range missiles and could get longer range missiles in future.

Anyway BD is small in area and so 120-150km max. would probably be sufficient.

We are NOT procuring Hisar U or LRSAM at this time.

Bangladesh is a small country, we do not need anything as long range as you seem to be suggesting,...

Even small countries like BD need LRSAMs but less of them than larger countries.

MRSAM network would leave "SAM gaps" that enemy planes can exploit to penetrate BD airspace.

BD needs a comprehensive MRSAM network first and then needs a few batteries of LRSAM to complete the SAM coverage of it's airspace.

Last edited:
Bangladesh has started evaluating medium range SAM system. I think Chinese LY-80D would be procured for Bangladesh air force/ army.

I do not wish to comment on someone's speculation

Looks like that guy is part of marketing, R&D and journalism of Turkish defense industry. Even that Turan Oguz guy follows him. So something must be happening.

Hisar-O from Turkey with 50km range

The 50km variant is still in development phase. If BD gets anything now it will be the 25km range variant.

I got him banned

Hold your horses pal. I can't let you take all the credit. He was warned for posting those Bengali propaganda article in English and he got two warning/strike in single thread for breaking forum rules. :azn:

1605080467288.png

BTW, do you know what is the maximum altitude Su-30s and Rafales can fly while firing precision weapons? This will determine the level of SAM coverage we need.

4km-6km for precision bombing.

Let's get that wannabe white boi Jonh Wick banned

That guy was banned in this sticky thread. Wonder why admin/mods lifted the ban.

Hold your horses pal. I can't let you take all the credit. He was warned for posting those Bengali propaganda article in English and he got two warning/strike in single thread for breaking forum rules. :azn:

View attachment 687431

You think you were the only one who reported those posts ? :cheesy:

I've been working him for the past month, easing racist remarks and insults out of him in order to get him warnings :chilli::chilli::chilli:

Looks like that guy is part of marketing, R&D and journalism of Turkish defense industry. Even that Turan Oguz guy follows him. So something must be happening.

The 50km variant is still in development phase. If BD gets anything now it will be the 25km range variant.

Too many false dawns with "insider" reports that we should wait for official confirmation.

As for the 25km range version, it offers little over the 15km range FM-90 that both BA and BAF have and so pointless buying it.
BD should be aiming to order the 50km range version when available in order to protect airbases, cities and critical infrastructure like ports, power stations and bridges.
4km-6km for precision bombing.

Where did you get this from?

As long as weather is clear LGBs can bomb from service ceiling of plane and up to 30km away.

Too many false dawns with "insider" reports that we should wait for official confirmation.

As for the 25km range version, it offers little over the 15km range FM-90 that both BA and BAF have and so pointless buying it.
BD should be aiming to order the 50km range version when available in order to protect airbases, cities and critical infrastructure like ports, power stations and bridges.

Not just range, Altitude also matters.

Hisar O can hit targets at upwards of 15 Kilometres or 50,000 feet, While with the FM-90B its only 6 Kilometers or a little under 20,000 feet.

FM-90b can simply not hit the Jets MAF fields, Even If they're at half their service ceilings.

Hisar O can hit targets at upwards of 15 Kilometres or 50,000 feet, While with the FM-90B its only 6 Kilometers or a little under 20,000 feet.

FM-90b can simply not hit the Jets MAF fields, Even If they're at half their service ceilings.

True , don't know why BA didn't get the Chinese LY-80s ?

It is true what you say.

I am not convinced that the 25km range Hisar-O actually has 15km altitude ceiling and this is more likely to be the 50km range version.

Anyway getting SAM systems from Turkey would be a great step for BD as long as the weapons are of good enough quality. I would take slightly lesser quality from Turkey over others as they will be reliable against either India or Myanmar.

It is true what you say.

I am not convinced that the 25km range Hisar-O actually has 15km altitude ceiling and this is more likely to be the 50km range version.

Anyway getting SAM systems from Turkey would be a great step for BD as long as the weapons are of good enough quality. I would take slightly lesser quality from Turkey over others as they will be reliable against either India or Myanmar.

Lesser quality ? I think Turkish weapons have pretty good quality and they are NATO centric weapons so the quality has to be good.

Lesser quality ? I think Turkish weapons have pretty good quality and they are NATO centric weapons so the quality has to be good.

I am not saying that Turkish SAMs would be any worse than say Chinese but just speculating that even if they were a little less in quality they would be a better choice for strategic reasons.

It is true what you say.

1605092584563.png

1605092878881.png

1605092908197.png

Different Sources have different altitudes listed, But I would argue its 15 KM.

Because the above excerpts are from articles from 2017, Hisar "+" level wasn't a thing until 2019, Both Aselsan and Roketsan tout the System as a "Medium Altitude Air Defence System".

Back
Top Bottom