What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Flying Vegetable cart
The only possible option for you is the HAL Tejas Ask your strategically ally and genetically cousin to give you some 2 sqd of HAL tejas ....
After that when it will be shot down by MAF jft then it will be also an absolute win for us....Free advertising of our jft.

No that is not the only option available to us.

What is stopping you from pre-developing tactics and strategy while learning to fly the plane? Surely you get a good idea of the capabilities of the plane just by learning to fly it.

I know that some time will still be required after induction to properly develop tactics and strategy suited for local needs but would presume that some of this can be done before the plane is even inducted into BAF.

As an example say BAF buys refurbished Gripen Cs with AESA radar/Meteor and Erieye AWACS, it gets to know their capabilities while learning to fly them in Sweden. While doing this it develops how to integrate the Erieye and Gripen C to work together to get the best out of capabilities that Gripen C/AESA/Meteor combination can offer.

Yes I agree , we can do that but the real issue is time

If BAF buys fighters too late and adding training time with the time of getting the new fighters will put us in a place we don't wanna be in.

We will definitely get tons of flight hours if we got Gripens , I think flying the Gripens cost less than the Su30s

Yes I agree , we can do that but the real issue is time

If BAF buys fighters too late and adding training time with the time of getting the new fighters will put us in a place we don't wanna be in.

We will definitely get tons of flight hours if we got Gripens , I think flying the Gripens cost less than the Su30s

12 Ex South African Gripen Cs refurbished with AESA radar, latest electronics by Sweden and with Meteor can be supplied within 12-18 months.

South Africa has 12 in permanent storage that it does not need.

BAF sends it's best pilots to learn how to fly the plane and then when they are in BD, they should be pretty much good to go.
You do not need advanced tactics and strategy to take on the MAF and their pilots will be in fear of such a potent plane in BAF hands.

Just these 12 Gripen Cs with AESA radar/upgraded electronics and Meteor can neutralise the whole MAF.

The only possible option for you is the HAL Tejas Ask your strategically ally and genetically cousin to give you some 2 sqd of HAL tejas ....
After that when it will be shot down by MAF jft then it will be also an absolute win for us....Free advertising of our jft.

I don't think the IAF is confident using them, forget about selling them.

12 Ex South African Gripen Cs refurbished with AESA radar, latest electronics by Sweden and with Meteor can be supplied within 12-18 months.

South Africa has 12 in permanent storage that it does not need.

BAF sends it's best pilots to learn how to fly the plane and then when they are in BAF, they should be pretty much good to go.

Just these 12 Gripen Cs with AESA radar/upgraded electronics and electronics can neutralise the whole MAF.

Very interesting

Why did SA ground them ?

BD should jump on these.

They have no need of such an advanced fighter to fight any of their neighbours like Botswana and Zimbabwe.

They brought 28 in total and only 16 are in use.

Ok so we can get them , but Bangladesh is being careful around U.S weapons cause of strings attached to them.

Gripens use Murican engines so that's gonna be bad for us , Gripens are perfect just one issue I guess

Ok so we can get them , but Bangladesh is being careful around U.S weapons cause of strings attached to them.

Gripens use Murican engines so that's gonna be bad for us , Gripens are perfect just one issue I guess

Only issue is that BD would need US clearance as Gripen has US engine.

Remember that the GE engine inside the Gripen can go on for 30 years and so once the Gripens land in BD then the US cannot place sanctions as everything can be done by Sweden like maintenance and weapons supply of Meteor etc.

Due to cost/capabiilty I would like BAF to find as many countries that wish to dispose of their Gripen Cs and then get Sweden to refurbish them with AESA radar and new electronics. Around 32-40 would be ideal and more than a match for MAF.
Gripen C also has advantage of being dirt cheap to operate.

Only issue is that BD would need US clearance as Gripen has US engine.

Remember that the GE engine inside the Gripen can go on for 30 years and so once the Gripens land in BD then the US cannot place sanctions as everything can be done by Sweden like maintenance and weapons supply of Meteor etc.

If we get clearance from America since we have to sign two papers before we get these things , we can also get the AH-64Es too !

But again Bangladesh government scared if America tires to intervene in the future

There will always be strings..... against MM i think we should be fine.

J10 is to counter IAF, Gripen for MM...

Personally would prefer these to F16s...

BAF may have options but do they have the imagination to exploit them.

Nah they are too hörny for transport and trainer aircrafts

Remember that once the US has given clearance and the Gripens are in BD, then the USA cannot do anything. The GE engine will last as long as the airframe does.

Sweden can refurbish the engine and supply weapons like Meteor.

Biggest bonus is they are really very cheap to operate and maintain - the cheapest 4+ gen fighter by some distance.

Remember that once the US has given clearance and the Gripens are in BD, then the USA cannot do anything. The GE engine will last as long as the airframe does.

Sweden can refurbish the engine and supply weapons like Meteor.

Biggest bonus is they are really very cheap to operate and maintain - the cheapest 4+ gen fighter by some distance.

BAF wanted old Gripens back then , but Sweden offered new ones and that's when BAF sadly rejected it

Why not J10C for both or Gripen for both?

If you want to run things efficiently and optimally, go for a single platform rather than duo unless your plan is to sign for more than three Squadron's worth of aircrafts.

Bangladesh doesn't have as complicated relationship with US as Pakistan does so even if you don't go with the F-16s, Gripen is fine. The latest version IMO is better than J10-CE for Bangladesh.
Though, Pakistan is inclined towards J-10 but that is because of our own factors, requirements and relationship with China.

Why not J10C for both or Gripen for both?

If you want to run things efficiently and optimally, go for a single platform rather than duo unless your plan is to sign for more than three Squadron's worth of aircrafts.

Bangladesh doesn't have as complicated relationship with US as Pakistan does so even if you don't go with the F-16s, Gripen is fine. The latest version IMO is better than J10-CE for Bangladesh.
Though, Pakistan is inclined towards J-10 but that is because of our own factors, requirements and relationship with China.

BD is not going to be entertain any war and damage its economy....

We potentially have two adversaries.... one is aligned to US and one to China.

As such we require two platform to have operational freedom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom