What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Tranche 1 can be upgraded to 3 ?

No I don't think so.

These upgraded Spanish Tranche 1 is around as far as you would get with any potential upgrades I would think.

https://www.airforce-technology.com...t-upgraded-tranche-1-eurofighter-fighter-jet/

Spain receives first upgraded Tranche 1 Eurofighter fighter jet

Airbus performed the upgrades to the single-seat Tranche 1 Eurofighter at its facilities in Getafe.

The Spanish Air Force has received the first upgraded Tranche 1 Eurofighter single-seat combat jet from Airbus as part of a contract.

Airbus performed the upgrade at its facilities in Getafe. The enhancements included the introduction of hardware modifications, which support the Operational Flight Program 02 (OFP-02) developed by Spain’s Armament and Experimental Logistics Centre (CLAEX).

As part of the upgrade, the company integrated Tranche 2 and Tranche 3 equipment on the aircraft, including a computer symbol generator, digital video and voice recorder, laser designator pod and maintenance data panel.

Airbus is also delivering enhancements to a second two-seat Eurofighter aircraft.

CLAEX intends to initially use both aircraft as test platforms for the qualification of these new capabilities that are expected to be integrated into the airforce’s fleet of 15 Tranche 1 Eurofighters.

“Eurofighter is an advanced swing-role combat aircraft that can provide simultaneously deployable air-to-air and air-to-surface capabilities.”
The Eurofighter Typhoon is a project with four European nations, the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain as founding members. The partner companies in the fighter jet programme include BAE Systems, Leonardo-Aircraft Division and Airbus Defence & Space, which operate as part of a consortium.

Alongside these four countries, the aircraft is in service with the airforces of Austria, Saudi Arabia and Oman. Two more countries, Kuwait and Qatar, placed orders for 28 and 24 aircraft respectively.

Spain received the first aircraft in 2003. Eurofighter is an advanced swing-role combat aircraft that can provide simultaneously deployable air-to-air and air-to-surface capabilities.

According to a report on janes.com, the upgrade is part of a greater modernisation plan for the Spanish Air Force’s combat fleet.

The report cited brigadier general Leon-Antonio Maches Michavila as saying at a conference in Berlin last year that the country intends to take Eurofighter Tranche 1 capability upgrades as far as the early 2030s, with an out-of-service date (OSD) scheduled for 2040.

As long as the damn thing can fire meteors and has tranche 2 radars its good enough to check rafales we face and completely overwhelm the simian conglomerate.

BAF needs to just get them....Australia is also selling their efts that Indonesia wants to buy.... we should also check that out....

As long as the damn thing can fire meteors and has tranche 2 radars its good enough to check rafales we face and completely overwhelm the simian conglomerate.

BAF needs to just get them....Australia is also selling their efts that Indonesia wants to buy.... we should also check that out....
I agree.
If upgraded Tranche 1's cost significantly less than new Tranche 3's we should go for them. We need to get into the Western ecosystem of fighter jets. We have no other options for heavy fighters:
  • The Indians are complaining that the R-77s don't perform as advertised which is consistent with the deceitful nature of Russian suppliers. Thhere is also the issue of high down time of Sukhois. No point in getting Sukhois.
  • The Americans pose too many hoops and strings to buy their fighters.

Last edited:

Not Australia, but Austria. Although from what I view from Indonesian media reaction on the news, it seems the media and analyst opposes that idea.

Not Australia, but Austria. Although from what I view from Indonesian media reaction on the news, it seems the media and analyst opposes that idea.
Indonesia already has SU-30, which is supposed to be excellent for air to air at least on paper? What is the point of pursuing EFT, instead of increasing Su 30s or F16s ? Better to let us have it

Last edited:
Indonesia already has SU-30, which is supposed to be excellent for air to air at least on paper? What is the point of pursuing EFT, instead of increasing Su 30s or F16s ?

The only reason IMO is cheap offer from Austria and similar weapon with KFX/IFX and F16 Block 52. It only means to be stop gap for our previous F5 squadron. If the price is not cheap and the weapon is different with KFX and F16 so it will be bad decision to buy second hand Typhoon.

Indonesia already has SU-30, which is supposed to be excellent for air to air at least on paper? What is the point of pursuing EFT, instead of increasing Su 30s or F16s ? Better to let us have it

Su 30 MK2 is more of bomb trucks

Can't blame Indonesia for that. What was BAF doing all this while? They have had approval to pursue fighter jets since 2008.

Mofos might screw it up even if Indonesia hands the Typhoons on a platter.

Lol...Austria not Australia...damn predictive typing and lack of care on my part....

I really like these bhotka bimans. We should upgrade them all with latest avionics. The addition of 1 x H model via FMS will take the number to double digits.

BAF is acquiring almost 158 acres of land near Barisal airport to construct it's new air base.

one unit C-130H

This C-130H and WC-130 was old news i think. Al Beruni shared it here in 2018 if i remember correctly. If the C-130H is delivered then where is it? I hope you didn't share that same old data sheet Al Beruni did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom