What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

The Bangladesh Air Force third C-130J, 99-5480 (S3-AGG, ex RAF ZH882) being towed out of Cambridge Airport Ground Running Enclosure (GRE) after the engine tests on the afternoon of July 23, 2020.

110253720_769782416895991_6136344319728759468_o.jpg

114293281_769782423562657_2478054676453900250_o.jpg

Hope they will be Towing, BAF EFTs soon.
By the way does anyone know what Bd will do with the $500 million of credit from India?
It seems like Bd has to spend 65% of that money to buy defence equipment from India, and the remaining 35% could be used to buy equipment from a third country with Indian approval, might be best to return this 500m, we have been sitting on it for 2 years now.
I hope BAF does not surprise us by buying Tejas.

By the way does anyone know what Bd will do with the $500 million of credit from India?
It seems like Bd has to spend 65% of that money to buy defence equipment from India, and the remaining 35% could be used to buy equipment from a third country with Indian approval, might be best to return this 500m, we have been sitting on it for 2 years now.
Bd never took the money. They never approved any credit. Just talk

BAF is acquiring almost 158 acres of land near Barisal airport to construct it's new air base.

This C-130H and WC-130 was old news i think. Al Beruni shared it here in 2018 if i remember correctly. If the C-130H is delivered then where is it? I hope you didn't share that same old data sheet Al Beruni did.
Approved for sale. No transaction yet

Credit line does not work that way. The money is only released when items for purchase are pre-approved by the lender and orders placed. There is nothing to "return" if you do not buy anything.

Credit line does not work that way. The money is only released when items for purchase are pre-approved by the lender and orders placed. There is nothing to "return" if you do not buy anything.

This, I'd have said as much but sometimes I'm too lazy to point these things out.

Buying Tejas would be like sacrilege.

An obsolete (cobbled together from imported parts esp. engine) fighter that hasn't finished development in two decades - even Indian AF had doubts of buying it, it sucks so bad. I hate to paint a product in nationalistic colors (it is just a machine after all), but the design and execution was so plagued with problems, very few countries or AF's in the world will even consider buying it as a defence offering. I'd much rather choose the JF-17 (FC-1) over it any day which will probably come from China for a lot less (free of sanction pressures) and Tranche III will be far more capable than the Tejas (Gnat revisited) will ever be.

Yeah I agree we don't have to utilize this defence 'credit'. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing, as our defence organizations very well know. If Aziz the RAW agent even tries this crap, they will make a nice example out of him.

I think BAF is too hell bent on procuring EFT and J-10C, maybe if they broadened their horizons shit, we'd have had something by now, atleast an announcement, If nothing else.

Current situation is pathetic, to say the least.

Very disappointed.

Buying Tejas would be like sacrilege.

An obsolete (cobbled together from imported parts esp. engine) fighter that hasn't finished development in two decades - even Indian AF had doubts of buying it, it sucks so bad. I hate to paint a product in nationalistic colors (it is just a machine after all), but the design and execution was so plagued with problems, very few countries or AF's in the world will even consider buying it as a defence offering. I'd much rather choose the JF-17 (FC-1) over it any day which will probably come from China for a lot less (free of sanction pressures) and Tranche III will be far more capable than the Tejas (Gnat revisited) will ever be.

Yeah I agree we don't have to utilize this defence 'credit'. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing, as our defence organizations very well know. If Aziz the RAW agent even tries this crap, they will make a nice example out of him.
I’m just waiting for that pleb to retire now

How old the C-130H BAF is getting? Belgium Air Force has put up for sale nine 48 years old C-130Hs, spare parts, tools and other related support systems. If we don't get anymore C-130J from RAF and BAF still wants to extend it's transport fleet, wouldn't these be some good options?

https://www.airrecognition.com/inde...cQuIPbtGT-rySsVLkOV1SZ75QGoaql6T4JCAAin3Wb5_A

Tranche 1 can be upgraded to 3 ?
As part of the upgrade, the company integrated Tranche 2 and Tranche 3 equipment on the aircraft, including a computer symbol generator, digital video and voice recorder, laser designator pod and maintenance data panel.

This news about Indonesia buying Austrian EFT says it's possible. But maybe it actually meant some Trench 3 equipment for upgrade like the news about Spanish EFT @Avicenna shared.

Austria’s Typhoons are from Tranche 1, a marker for basic operational capabilities, which focuses more on air-defense missions, while the consortium has offered upgrades to Tranches 2 and 3, which greatly improves the fighters’ ground attack capabilities.

https://www.airrecognition.com/inde...-offers-to-buy-austrian-typhoon-fighters.html

Hope they won't keep those bases empty. Considering baf's current situation that is very much possible :(

Well two new bases obviously mean BAF has some big plan. But it's action doesn't match that expectation. If it didn't stumble because of some issues perhaps we would've already seen some Russian fighters in BAF camo.

Can we can get Marshall Aerospace to tow away the BAF leadership like this and "upgrade" them with brains and balls?

No fighter deal despite Govt approval, this is beyond pathetic.

Nobody seems to be talking about this now but i am quiet surprised that everyone including minister and air chief went completely silent about MR-SAM procurement after announcing it multiple times in parliament and parade. Allah knows what happened?!

Last edited:
Nobody seems to be talking about this now but i am quiet surprised that everyone including minister and air chief went completely silent about MR-SAM procurement after announcing it multiple times in parliament. Allah knows what happened?!
May be same thing is happening to "western mrca" procurement..we will end up with some j10 may be :(

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom