What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

What about the supposed SY-400 accusations, that doesn't seem to be for any internal struggles?
None of their equipments are for internal struggle. Do you think a country needs an MRCA like Su-30 and JF-17 to tackle some small, unorganised insurgents?

Most of their equipment, in my perspective, is to tackle any one who would try to push the Rohingyas into the Rakhine state or would try to invade Rakhine state to create a state for the Rohingyas.

The pace at which Myanmar is buying new equipments after they conducted the genocide of Rohingyas indicates that the Burmese generals are buying these weapons to counter the Rohingya crisis

You guys are missing the point. The country is run by the military. The military are people who have been trained and indoctrinated into living with/loving their weapons.

From what I can tell the Burmese generals love spending money on fancy weapons, for the lack of a better thing to say they get a h#rd on when they buy and fly these expensive machines.

So they're buying these weapons for personal satisfaction maybe and maybe for feeling powerful..... We all know they're narcissists
Also let me add one more thing.

The Myanmar army is much richer than the Bangladesh army although the common citizens of Myanmar are generally not that we'll off.

In Myanmar, the army has a huge business empire and they have businesses in every field. Also they run a huge drug business particularly heroine and Yaba.

I believe if you can add all the direct and indirect earnings of the Burmese army, then the Burmese army have a greater defence budget than the Bangladesh army because BD army has no black money or business racket.

The dailys star said that yearly more than 50000, crores of Taka are being transported from Bangladesh to Myanmar and this money is going into the hands of the Burmese generals.

Screenshot_2020-05-22-02-18-26-717_com.android.chrome.png

None of their equipments are for internal struggle. Do you think a country needs an MRCA like Su-30 and JF-17 to tackle some small, unorganised insurgents?

Most of their equipment, in my perspective, is to tackle any one who would try to push the Rohingyas into the Rakhine state or would try to invade Rakhine state to create a state for the Rohingyas.

The pace at which Myanmar is buying new equipment after they conducted the genocide of Rohingyas indicates that the Burmese generals are buying these weapons to counter the Rohingya crisis
Odds are that Bangladesh will have to deal with Myanmar militarily at one point or the other. You don't just have a neighbor Genocide and push millions of refugees and do nothing about it. The international efforts have all but faded away and Bangladesh has/will have to fend for itself. Myanmar is in no way a benevolent Neighbor, but rather one under military rule and has been proven to use Chemical weapons, along with showing interest in Nuclear and Biological warfare. An Unstable nation is a dangerous one and BD will have to be ready for conflict

Dhaka suffers from poor urban planning and industrialization, most of the poor from other areas come to Dhaka to earn a living... it’s not that all of Dhaka is a mess, some of it is actually really good... comparable to the best cities in the world. However most of Dhaka is poorly planned and overpopulated. However this is changing albeit slowly, tanneries have been moved out of Dhaka so the rivers are getting cleaner, the unplanned buildings near the rivers are all demolished, embankments planned in their place etc. things will improve as the economy grows

Bd will not be the first to wage war, if anything short border conflicts at most, out howitzers and MLRS will make short work of targets in your borders as well... what I see is in case of conflict myanmar trying to take Saint Martin islands and a naval skirmish at seas with air clashes thrown into the mix... not much strategic loss for either side unless myanmar is stupid enough to lunch SRBM to Dhaka, then the war won’t end in any ceasefire as people would want vengeance.

North Korea doesn’t need to be advanced. It’s mastery in rocket technology enough to hit Japan and South Korea precisely and ownership of nuclear weapons are enough to keep it alive. Myanmar comparatively is nothing more than a wannabe Iraq or Libya and those countries got pummeled by the Americans. If developing nuclear bombs is as easy as you imply, even Maldives would have them... rocketry and nuclear weapons are very complex mechanisms and mastery in them is enough to classify someone as being advanced. They placed their bet right, put the money in research of nukes and rockets instead of tanks and fighters. Burma isn’t even close to that.
Burma isn’t even good in basic consumer electronics manufacturing, light industries.... just making some trainers and possibly light fighters isn’t sustainable if they don’t give any return on the investment

Anyways, keep on topic. My mistake, I realize this is the airforce thread. I’m sorry for rambling on
Myanmar can never develop nuclear weapons. They don't have the money and technological base to make nuclear bombs.

A ballistic missile can use both conventional and nuclear warhead and to be honest making a MRBM is not so extremely difficult. If you can have the blueprint for making ballistic missiles or ToT then making a conventional MRBM is pretty easy.

"Myanmar is like North Korea without Nuclear weapons"

You have clearly misunderstood my words. I did not mean Myanmar is as capable as North Korea in making nukes. What I meant is they both are politically similar. They are dictatorships and their way of governance is similar.

@Michael Corleone

Odds are that Bangladesh will have to deal with Myanmar militarily at one point or the other. You don't just have a neighbor Genocide and push millions of refugees and do nothing about it. The international efforts have all but faded away and Bangladesh has/will have to fend for itself. Myanmar is in no way a benevolent Neighbor, but rather one under military rule and has been proven to use Chemical weapons, along with showing interest in Nuclear and Biological warfare. An Unstable nation is a dangerous one and BD will have to be ready for conflict
Myanmar can never make nuclear weapons it is out of their reach. Yes they can make conventional MRBM if they have the blueprint and ToT from North Korea or China for it. But Nukes or bio weapons are not for the Burmese.

Myanmar can never develop nuclear weapons. They don't have the money and technological base to make nuclear bombs.

A ballistic missile can use both conventional and nuclear warhead and to be honest making a MRBM is not so extremely difficult. If you can have the blueprint for making ballistic missiles or ToT then making a conventional MRBM is pretty easy.

"Myanmar is like North Korea without Nuclear weapons"

You have clearly misunderstood my words. I did not mean Myanmar is as capable as North Korea in making nukes. What I meant is they both are politically similar. They are dictatorships and their way of governance is similar.

@Michael Corleone

Myanmar can never make nuclear weapons it is out of their reach. Yes they can make conventional MRBM if they have the blueprint and ToT from North Korea or China for it. But Nukes or bio weapons are not for the Burmese.
Nuclear weapons are not that difficult to make, its just the international repercussions that prevents most from making them, However, it is obvious Myanmar isn't afraid of that see:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myanmar_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
it is pretty obvious Myanmar has been interested in WMD's for a while and it is naive to think otherwise. Even though they might not have them now it is a very real possibility that they will in the future. Bangladesh must prepare to prevent that eventuality.

Nuclear weapons are not that difficult to make, its just the international repercussions that prevents most from making them, However, it is obvious Myanmar isn't afraid of that see:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myanmar_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
it is pretty obvious Myanmar has been interested in WMD's for a while and it is naive to think otherwise. Even though they might not have them now it is a very real possibility that they will in the future. Bangladesh must prepare to prevent that eventuality.
No. Nuclear weapons require highly skilled scientists and scientific base. North Korea is way ahead than Myanmar in scientific field. Also Myanmar signed NPT and ASEAN no nuclear some treaty. The case has been closed.

However Myanmar can make conventional MRBM like Iran. Conventional MRBMs are not that difficult if you have some type of ToT. Bangladesh can also make conventional MRBM. Just needs patience and some investment.

About 9 billlion USD to develop KFX.

So 5-10% up for grabs?

And they are looking for another potential partner?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAI_KF-X

View attachment 635051

View attachment 635049

View attachment 635050
If bd invest 900 million (10%) into the project then there’s only benefits to reap from it. But knuckleheads won’t

Myanmar is not interested in fighting a war against Bangladesh. Their defence modernization is mainly to tackle the Rohingya crisis. The international community might become tired one day and might force Myanmar to take back the Rohingyas. The Burmese generals knows that very well.
They’ll have to take them back one day or the other. It’s just a matter of time.
An economically and military powerful Bangladesh will not be docile... diplomatic pressure is only going to increase

If bd invest 900 million (10%) into the project then there’s only benefits to reap from it. But knuckleheads won’t

They’ll have to take them back one day or the other. It’s just a matter of time.
An economically and military powerful Bangladesh will not be docile... diplomatic pressure is only going to increase
Well you can say that indirectly Myanmar wants to fight Bangladesh because Bangladesh is the biggest sufferer of the Rohingya crisis however the main point is that Myanmar is preparing to tackle any pressure and it can come from Bangladesh or anyone.

Okay I am creating a new thread on this Myanmar issue. This section is for BAF.

The pace at which Myanmar is buying new equipments after they conducted the genocide of Rohingyas indicates that the Burmese generals are buying these weapons to counter the Rohingya crisis

Myanmar army is stockpiling before it is placed under international sanctions for its crimes against humanity.

Myanmar army is stockpiling before it is placed under international sanctions for its crimes against humanity.
Myanmar is already under a number of US sanctions. They cannot buy weapons from the west and no western nation can have economic relation with them. Their main supplier is China and Russia. Myanmar buy equipment from North Korea too but they don't expose much about their ties with North Korea.

Israel also sells equipment to Myanmar. I think amongst western allies, only Israel is selling equipments to Myanmar.

Whatever the case, Myanmar is under sanction and cannot have deal with the Yanks and Europeans.

Well you can say that indirectly Myanmar wants to fight Bangladesh because Bangladesh is the biggest sufferer of the Rohingya crisis however the main point is that Myanmar is preparing to tackle any pressure and it can come from Bangladesh or anyone.

Okay I am creating a new thread on this Myanmar issue. This section is for BAF.
Let’s be real, all that effort is futile if they can’t sustain it

Back
Top Bottom