What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Maybe they will troll us with another stop-gap measure and get some more F-7BGI
Well at least it wont break the bank, For the price of 16 Eurofighters we can get At least 160 F7s

No, actually South Korea has said they are open for another program partner. As long as you can invest for the development and promise to buy certain amount of plane, I dont think there will be any problem of that.

If you are inside the program, you will be assisted in production manufacturing since you will make some parts of the plane for all KFX and do assembling and integration for the plane that you are going to buy.

It will be a good opportunity to start an aerospace industry in your country if your leader decide to become a junior partner of the program. Maybe there will be some TOT as well, depending on the negotiation. Although in term of the design, it has already been relatively fixed, so you will not get any design experience as broad as Korea and Indonesia have.
Have any other nations taken any interest in participating?

Bangladesh has cooperated with Indonesia before, Heres a video of their peacekeeping forces training together.

Have any other nations taken any interest in participating?

I dont have any news about that. The intention to get another partner is just said early this year. It is IMO due to Indonesia wanting to decrease its financial contribution into 15 % from current 20%.

I dont have any news about that. The intention to get another partner is just said early this year. It is IMO due to Indonesia wanting to decrease its financial contribution into 15 % from current 20%.
Bangladesh should be able to make up 5%, i don't think that would be more than $500 Million, and it would be $500 M well spent as well. Its a shame the two countries don't have closer relationships, being 2 of the largest Muslim majority countries being separated from the rest of the Islamic world

Bangladesh should be able to make up 5%, i don't think that would be more than $500 Million, and it would be $500 M well spent as well. Its a shame the two countries don't have closer relationships, being 2 of the largest Muslim majority countries being separated from the rest of the Islamic world

Indonesia has Muslim neighbours in Malaysia and Brunei.

Indonesia has Muslim neighbours in Malaysia and Brunei.
Im just saying that they both have a significant opportunity in becoming major players in the region if they had just worked today, Indonesia is already on its way to becoming a top 5 economy, and while Bangladesh has shown improvement it is still mired in corruption and nepotism. Bangladesh needs Allies that it has somewhat equal footing with and Indonesia is the prime opportunity for such an ally

Im just saying that they both have a significant opportunity in becoming major players in the region if they had just worked today, Indonesia is already on its way to becoming a top 5 economy, and while Bangladesh has shown improvement it is still mired in corruption and nepotism. Bangladesh needs Allies that it has somewhat equal footing with and Indonesia is the prime opportunity for such an ally

Turkey and Indonesia come to mind.

The bonds are in religion with no overt conflict of interests.

Turkey and Indonesia come to mind.

The bonds are in religion with no overt conflict of interests.
The issue with turkey is the proximity and how involved they are in other geopolitical conflicts. Bangladesh and Indonesia however have been relatively peacefully developing for the past few decades.

I dont know the minimal amount SK want to get from new partner, but it could be 5 % although 10 percent is more likely, and you need to spend another amount for buying some minimal amount of plane.

I think it will be beneficial for Bangladesh. You need to build the factory as well and prepare the engineers for production line. It is similar like Indonesia starting the aerospace industry by first getting production license from CASA, Spain, for C-212 plane to start the industry and then make joint venture with CASA in developing CN 235 and develop our design capability from that program.

For your information, we started aerospace industry in 1976, our GDP is still relatively very small at that time, while Bangladesh is already projected to get at least 800 billion GDP in 2030.

I think the relation between two nations have already been close. Jokowi have made state visit to Bangladesh in his first term and Bangladesh ordered many train car from Indonesia and invited Indonesia to get into Bangladesh another train car tender in the beginning of this year. We also have tried to make Preferential Trade Agreement since beginning of last year.

Don't worry. A deal will be signed as soon as the December 2018 election is over.

upload_2020-5-23_11-22-44.png

I dont know the minimal amount SK want to get from new partner, but it could be 5 % although 10 percent is more likely, and you need to spend another amount for buying some minimal amount of plane.

I think it will be beneficial for Bangladesh. You need to build the factory as well and prepare the engineers for production line. It is similar like Indonesia starting the aerospace industry by first getting production license from CASA, Spain, for C-212 plane to start the industry and then make joint venture with CASA in developing CN 235 and develop our design capability from that program.

For your information, we started aerospace industry in 1976, our GDP is still relatively very small at that time, while Bangladesh is already projected to get at least 800 billion GDP in 2030.

I think the relation between two nations have already been close. Jokowi have made state visit to Bangladesh in his first term and Bangladesh ordered many train car from Indonesia and invited Indonesia to get into Bangladesh another train car tender in the beginning of this year. We also have tried to make Preferential Trade Agreement since beginning of last year.
Whats's the relationship Between Myanmar and the rest of ASEAN? say that war would break out what would ASEAN do?

Exactly. He has been reliable about other stuff, it’s BAF’s limbo that effects defseca reputation

He is always desperate to get ahead of the news cycle and also represent BD as some form of major international power which results in him making over-the-top assertions and contradicting himself every few months. Been noticing this since the early 2000s on various platforms.

I have no doubt he wants the best for BD but needs to reel it in a bit and be humble.

BAF is a spineless organisation in need of an overhaul. They can never be an effective fighting force unless there is a change in their mindsets regardless of what platforms they procure.
I recommend BA and BN officers being deputed in BAF leadership roles until they sort their shit out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom