What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

@Avicenna next batch of 7 k8 coming soon

Yeah Americans want to win maritime strike order...
but I think highly unlikely

as for being a mod, yes I’m.

The plan was to build a jet fighter then backtracked to jet trainer... (k8 probably) but also heard it was to be a primary trainer. Not sure which of the following. However BAC and uni at lalmonirhat are supposed to be run by same people and last they came on the news, they expected a jet aircraft prototype to fly by 2021... given the love for running good propaganda, I guess it could be possible
Collaboration with irkut exist to manufacture/ maintain avionics

Glad to hear about the K-8.

Need to keep flying.

Also, I used to think Bangladesh was in a politically sleepy place, but I have to say, there seems to be alot of behind the scenes activity in factoring what to procure.

The bottom line is that Bangladesh CANT trust either the US or China.

And it may have to ultimately choose who is the bigger threat, India or Myanmar.

It would be ideal for BD to source fighters from both the West and China.

The main problem IMO is access to a BVR missile.

The US would have to sign off as alot of components probably need export approval even from a European source.

Not sure though about that one in regards to Meteor.

Also, it was very odd to me that Florence Pearly stopped by Dhaka recently.

The French smell money about to be spent.

Probably the greatest confirmation that BAF is seriously planning SOMETHING.

Last edited:
https://www.defseca.com/procurements/bangladesh-air-force-secures-funds-for-mega-purchase/

I really want to find out of this article has any substance to itself, PayPal blocked my account last year and I have been hesitant to make a new one.

I know SAK has cited every jet in the world as a possible contender for the MRCA program but I'm curious as to whether you guys think he is credible? The way I see it him citing every jet in the book could be nothing more than BAF's fickle mindedness rather than him making stuff up, But I could be wrong.
Exactly. He has been reliable about other stuff, it’s BAF’s limbo that effects defseca reputation

Glad to hear about the K-8.

Need to keep flying.

Also, I used to think Bangladesh was in a politically sleepy place, but I have to say, there seems to be alot of behind the scenes activity in factoring what to procure.

The bottom line is that Bangladesh CANT trust either the US or China.

And it may have to ultimately choose who is the bigger threat, India or Myanmar.

It would be ideal for BD to source fighters from both the West and China.

The main problem IMO is access to a BVR missile.

The US would have to sign off as alot of components probably need export approval even from a European source.

Not sure though about that one in regards to Meteor.

Also, it was very odd to me that Florence Pearly stopped by Dhaka recently.

The French smell money about to be spent.

Probably the greatest confirmation that BAF is seriously planning SOMETHING.

Also, about the other forum, my suggestion to to increase the font size and make the format similar to here.

It would probably increase member participation if that were to happen.
I’ll forward the information

meteor bypasses American involvement, however it will need a European platform, american platforms can work with meteor but US won’t allow it for third party states.
And yes, the French are greedy bustards of Europe to put it mildly, if they’re interested, it does mean something...
btw no second hand EFT coming that’s for sure

Safe to assume that the lack of information of the supposed "Jet Trainer" means that it probably was a pipe dream from the start. However that doesn't mean that something of this sort isn't something of a possibility in the future. BD should try its best to collaborate with those such as turkey and South Korea and see how they first began building their own jests. Everything will eventually come slowly, Barring any unforeseen circumstances BD should be able to have a reliable defence industry by 2050, coupled with a strong economy

upload_2020-5-23_17-4-31.png

How did he get access to a SU-30? I read somewhere he's related to SHW, is this true?

I hope there isn't any nepotism at play here.

Safe to assume that the lack of information of the supposed "Jet Trainer" means that it probably was a pipe dream from the start. However that doesn't mean that something of this sort isn't something of a possibility in the future. BD should try its best to collaborate with those such as turkey and South Korea and see how they first began building their own jests. Everything will eventually come slowly, Barring any unforeseen circumstances BD should be able to have a reliable defence industry by 2050, coupled with a strong economy

Start grassroots with a simple prop trainer first.

Bangladeshis have alot of talent.

It just needs to be harnessed and developed.

Start grassroots with a simple prop trainer first.

Bangladeshis have alot of talent.

It just needs to be harnessed and developed.
Regardless of talent Bangladesh just does not currently have the infrastructure to produce propeller planes, how are they supposed to build jets by next year

They're planning to manufacture a prototype basic trainer (propeller) aircraft.
Will it completely be indigenous? I'm assuming we are still quite far from that so a good bit of its parts will probably be Chinese.

I can only hope they dont sell their souls to 2 billion dollars of debt acquiring typhoons or f16s as i said On the defenseca forum:Bangladesh buying brand new Western frames will in the long term be detrimental, Or at least not as helpful as Investing in the future. Bangladesh has spent the last 50 years without any major conflicts, what is to say they cant do for 15 years more. As long as they are supposedly India's lapdog I doubt they will face much of an existential threat. why spend Upwards of a Billion dollars in buying just 1 squadron of typhoons when that money can be well invested in our own infrastructure? Even in a hypothetical war with India and Myanmar 4-5 squadrons of foreign birds wont last long. If Bangladesh wants to become a true power they need to become self sufficient rather than depending on expensive foreign jets. I'd feel much more comfortable if bangladesh could produce their own Jf-17 caliber planes completely by themselves than if they were depending on 1 squadron of eurofighters and 3 squadrons of j10s or Mig 35s. That isnt to say that we shouldnt buy any foreign planes, since that would be inviting conflict. But rather the main focus should be Building ourselves up

Is it too late for Bangladesh to join and become a part of the program? I assume they would play a relatively small part in the process, but it would pay dividends in the development of Bangladesh's Own indigenous capabilities

No, actually South Korea has said they are open for another program partner. As long as you can invest for the development and promise to buy certain amount of plane, I dont think there will be any problem of that.

If you are inside the program, you will be assisted in production manufacturing since you will make some parts of the plane for all KFX and do assembling and integration for the plane that you are going to buy.

It will be a good opportunity to start an aerospace industry in your country if your leader decide to become a junior partner of the program. Maybe there will be some TOT as well, depending on the negotiation. Although in term of the design, it has already been relatively fixed, so you will not get any design experience as broad as Korea and Indonesia have.

Back
Top Bottom