What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Ah shit I’m really not happy about this. Just because they wasted so much time going back and forth. I heard this a couple of days ago but wasn’t allowed to talk about this

Heard what about J10? where? then its confirmed?

Yes it is true that China loves Myanmar more than Bangladesh but that does not mean China wouldn't sell equipment to BD. China maintains business relation with BD. What they have with Myanmar is an all whether friendship. After military takeover in 1962, it is China alone who is keeping Myanmar alive.

SY-400

SY-400
Also Chengdu J10C is not a MRCA. It is an interceptor. For BD, Saab Gripen, F 16 block 70/72 is good enough.

SY-400
Oh yeah about SY-400, I yesterday read wikipedia and its written that Myanmar bought SY-400. However they did not mention the quantity

Screenshot_2020-05-22-16-13-04-508_com.android.chrome.png

Screenshot_2020-05-22-16-12-34-080_com.android.chrome.png

Also Chengdu J10C is not a MRCA. It is an interceptor. For BD, Saab Gripen, F 16 block 70/72 is good enough.

Oh yeah about SY-400, I yesterday read wikipedia and its written that Myanmar bought SY-400. However they did not mention the quantity

View attachment 635165

View attachment 635166

That's not what I mean I know that J10C are going to replace the F-7s but the point is BAF is once again sidelining from 16x MRCA they claimed to have bought.

That's not what I mean I know that J10C are going to replace the F-7s but the point is BAF is once again sidelining from 16x MRCA they claimed to have bought.
I think BAF already bought 16 mrca. They will show it when those 16 jets will be commissioned into the air force.

But as for now BAF has made three choices-Dassault Rafale, EFT and Chengdu J10c

View attachment 635161
View attachment 635162

Arrogance...... Makes it sound as if XI and SHW are having dinner together.
Typical Amra Khan flip flop on display. He went from "China being punished by BD due to disappointment over Rohingya issue (because the world revolves around BD)" to "China stuck by BD like superglue, you know nothing Jon Snow...".

Take anything he says about BAF with a grain of salt.

All the rhetorics aside, J-10C is the easiest choice for BAF.

Last edited:
Typical Amra Khan flip flop in display. He went from "China being punished by BD due to disappointment over Rohingya issue (because the world revolves around BD)" to "China stuck by BD like superglue, you know nothing Jon Snow...".

I will get booted from that Facebook group soon, I can sense it.

BD needs to move away from china now....period....maintain and engage economically absolutelt but it is time disengage and downgrade militarily.

It is better to remain weak than buy weapons from our enemies freind.

Myanmar is already under a number of US sanctions. They cannot buy weapons from the west and no western nation can have economic relation with them. Their main supplier is China and Russia. Myanmar buy equipment from North Korea too but they don't expose much about their ties with North Korea.

Israel also sells equipment to Myanmar. I think amongst western allies, only Israel is selling equipments to Myanmar.

Whatever the case, Myanmar is under sanction and cannot have deal with the Yanks and Europeans.

Not true.
Many western countries sell weapons to Myanmar.

Myanmar Armed Forces is using G 120TP aircraft from Germany, AS 365 and EC 120 helicopters from France, Schiebel Camcopter S-100 from Austrian, 76 mm naval guns from Italy, Fokker 70 from Netherlands.Spare parts are also available.

France ATR is also operating a repair and maintenance facility in Myanmar since 2016 and that factory repaired all ATR aircraft from Myanmar including ATR 42 and 72 from MAF as well as those from other countries.

For the US, even if they sell weapons, we can’t afford that much.

However MAF acquired 8 Beechcraft 1900 aircrafts from US between 2015 and 2020.

Myanmar also acquired LPD from Korea. If US interfered the sale, Korea won’t sell it.

US is also accepting a number of Myanmar military officers for training especially in APCSS in Hawaii.

Actually Myanmar is operating more western military hardware than Bangladesh.

Yes I do not support getting j10 anymore. Save some more, get the gripen with meteor

Not true.

Myanmar Armed Forces is using G 120TP aircraft from Germany, AS 365 and EC 120 helicopters from France, Schiebel Camcopter S-100 from Austrian, 76 mm naval guns from Italy, Fokker 70 from Netherlands.Spare parts are also available.

France ATR is also operating a repair and maintenance facility in Myanmar since 2016 and that factory repaired all ATR aircraft from Myanmar including ATR 42 and 72 from MAF as well as those from other countries.

Myanmar also acquired LPD from Korea. If US interfered the sale, Korea won’t sell it.

US is also accepting a number of Myanmar military officers for training especially in APCSS in Hawaii.

Last paragraph is wrong and Germany placed embargo on you guys so did the EU.... get your facts right

Not true.

:pop::pop::pop: tell us more!!

Not true.

"For the US, even if they sell weapons, we can’t afford that much"

For Myanmar Russian weapons are also somewhat expensive. MAF could only afford 6 Su-30 that's it. @Aung Zaya also admitted that you guys cannot afford later variants like Su-34 and Su-35.

If you consider bulk buying(15 plus aircrafts) then MAF can afford only Chinese products.

Not true.

American weapons are far more expensive than Russian weapons.

"For the US, even if they sell weapons, we can’t afford that much"

For Myanmar Russian weapons are also somewhat expensive. MAF could only afford 6 Su-30 that's it. @Aung Zaya also admitted that you guys cannot afford later variants like Su-34 and Su-35.

If you consider bulk buying(15 plus aircrafts) then MAF can afford only Chinese products.

American weapons are far more expensive than Russian weapons.
That's exactly what he said we can't afford US equipment. Also while at it there is quite a lot of US equipment in the hand of the Myanmar border guard forces. They have everything from Humvees to various M16, M4, AR platforms. Israeli Tavors, British L115, and Turkish Uzkon UNG-12.

View attachment 635293

This guy said that in BAF website they mentioned that Bangladesh is buying SU-30. Is it true or just another hogwash?

@Michael Corleone @DalalErMaNodi

The only time SU-30 is mentioned on the BAF site is when it says that the chief of air staff has flown the said jet in his illustrious flying career.

upload_2020-5-23_17-4-31-png.635037

I strongly believe that BAF has made it awfully clear that they aren't going to be considering any russian jets atleast for the foreseeable future. The reasons are obvious and have been stated and deliberated over on this forum on multiple occasions.

Anybody claiming otherwise is lying through their teeth, in an apparent attempt at creating hype and generating clout around their page/group.

The information has either been made up, as stated above or it is information some amateur gleaned off of BAF's Wikipedia page which incorrectly mentions BAF as having ordered for 8 SU-30 SMEs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom