What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

aren't all 8 sent already? @Avicenna

Let's go with 4 sent.

My only source of info is the internet lol.

So about this upgrade.....

How much is it gonna cost?

Are new munitions coming as well specifically Kh-31?

And from who are those weapons being bought? Belarus stock?

Are the refurbished Fulcrums gonna have A2A refuelling capability?

Also will they have a "fat back"?

Lets discuss!

Also, enough with the Burma stuff on here.

Let's go with 4 sent.

Lets discuss!

Kh 31 is possible. From what i gathered in past months, BAF wants these 8 to maritime strike role till a dedicated squadron can be raised.

No A2A refuelling capability.

AFAIK no structural modifications are on table. They are just getting an updated IRST system for the dual sitters, to make them able to fire BVR missiles.

Rest of the package is just oriented to make them A2G capable.

Overhauling the engine & air frame is the main concentration.

Last edited:
Let's go with 4 sent.

Lets discuss!

no fat back. increased structural support. air refueling probe that doesn't retract within the frame. they'll become multirole fighter and capable of maritime strike mission

Kh 31 is possible. From what i gathered in past months, BAF wants these 8 to maritime strike role till a full squadron can be raised.

No A2A refuelling capability.

AFAIK no structural modifications are on table. They are just getting an updated IRST system for the dual sitters, to make them able to fire BVR missiles.

Rest of the package is just oriented to make them A2G capable.

Overhauling the engine & air frame is the main concentration.

Only the 6 single seaters have radar so the antiship mission is limited to those.

Then its gonna be interesting to see what weapons they will carry to fulfill that role.

Also, this makes we wonder if we will buy the J-10 in some capacity later on if we get Kh-31, is YJ-91 that far behind for any potential J-10CE.

Only the 6 single seaters have radar so the antiship mission is limited to those.

Then its gonna be interesting to see what weapons they will carry to fulfill that role.

Also, this makes we wonder if we will buy the J-10 in some capacity later on if we get Kh-31, is YJ-91 that far behind for any potential J-10CE.
Well, I am still not convinced that there will be any fighter acquisition in immediate future.

Well, I am still not convinced that there will be any fighter acquisition in immediate future.

Perhaps not.

I guess we can feast on videos like this instead.

(I can't understand the writing but perhaps in the pics are examples of some new munitions BAF will obtain post-upgrade)

Also, if there are any BAF people reading this PLEASE bless us all with a new grey camo on these refurbished Fulcrums at least. (similar to the Yaks or BG/BGI)

Last edited:
Perhaps not.

I guess we can feast on videos like this instead.

(I can't understand the writing but perhaps in the pics are examples of some new munitions BAF will obtain post-upgrade)

Also, if there are any BAF people reading this PLEASE bless us all with a new grey camo on these refurbished Fulcrums at least. (similar to the Yaks or BG/BGI)
the plant screams soviet... some hospital compounds i go to has similar fashioned interior. makes you feel like living in the past

the plant screams soviet... some hospital compounds i go to has similar fashioned interior. makes you feel like living in the past

I love it.

I have always been fond of Soviet style things.

But I am sure reality is quite difference from my romanticism.

I love it.

I have always been fond of Soviet style things.

But I am sure reality is quite difference from my romanticism.
it has its ups and downs... like i was really shocked at how beautiful the neurology department was... the interir was unique... i would imagine that's ballers level of architectural design in soviet building... whereas the psychology department was like a prison
anyways the aircrafts were long overdue... i had seen a photo before that seemed show the paint chipped all over the airframe ... DSLR caught all the imperfections... maybe a new spray to YAK 130 gray?

Opera Snapshot_2020-05-26_134601_www.facebook.com.png

SAK bhai is toying with us now........

I sincerely hope this is true.

Btw does anyone know If BAF pilots get comprehensive training abroad? A skilled pilot is what you need as shown by FEB 26th incident.

At this point, we need to take anything we can get. The current fleet is an absolute joke and national tragedy.

For the light/medium fighter segment, I hope we can eventually get a Western fighter to complement J-10 in order to keep the fleet reliable and high tech and have a qualitative edge over Myanmar.

View attachment 635620

SAK bhai is toying with us now........

I sincerely hope this is true.

Btw does anyone know If BAF pilots get comprehensive training abroad? A skilled pilot is what you need as shown by FEB 26th incident.

I would be OK with this.
Remember the baretta AX-103 said to have won the assault rifle competition?
He was toying with people because many other defense related page later published the same story. It was in fact faux news...
Something German is all I’m going to say

and yeah pretty bummed that after all the drama it’s j10. Probably f16 didn’t work out as source code wouldn’t have been shared with bd rendering those jets nothing more than air show birds

At this point, we need to take anything we can get. The current fleet is an absolute joke and national tragedy.

For the light/medium fighter segment, I hope we can eventually get a Western fighter to complement J-10 in order to keep the fleet reliable and high tech and have a qualitative edge over Myanmar.
SAAB Gripen is a lightweight MRCA. Its much cheaper than EFT.

Remember the baretta AX-103 said to have won the assault rifle competition?
He was toying with people because many other defense related page later published the same story. It was in fact faux news...
Something German is all I’m going to say

and yeah pretty bummed that after all the drama it’s j10. Probably f16 didn’t work out as source code wouldn’t have been shared with bd rendering those jets nothing more than air show birds

What is German?

Back
Top Bottom