What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Remember the baretta AX-103 said to have won the assault rifle competition?
He was toying with people because many other defense related page later published the same story. It was in fact faux news...
Something German is all I’m going to say

and yeah pretty bummed that after all the drama it’s j10. Probably f16 didn’t work out as source code wouldn’t have been shared with bd rendering those jets nothing more than air show birds
Even China will not give the source codes to anyone. Despite of JF 17, PAF is trying to develop a radar & codes on their own, says a lot.

Advantage of J10 is, BAF will be able to access BVRAAM in a good numbers within a reasonable budget.

Even China will not give the source codes to anyone. Despite of JF 17, PAF is trying to develop a radar & codes on their own, says a lot.

Advantage of J10 is, BAF will be able to access BVRAAM in a good numbers within a reasonable budget.

Supposedly China was offering PAF a watered down version of J-10C.

I can assume any version offered to BAF will be even more downgraded. Still it beats nothing. Also J-10 will probably allow for a quicker entry into service.

I just hope BAF buys this in numbers and with KJ-200/500.

Just based on the money you can pay.
opera-snapshot_2020-05-26_134601_www-facebook-com-png.635620
Why would BAF buy EFT and J-10 at the same time? EFT alone is enough.

Just based on the money you can pay.

Why would BAF buy EFT and J-10 at the same time? EFT alone is enough.
Not really, the maximum amount of Eurofighters we can get is about 2 squadrons in the next 10 years. THere is also still a requirement for a Maritime Strike aircraft along with a single engined jet

I can assume any version offered to BAF will be even more downgraded. Still it beats nothing. Also J-10 will probably allow for a quicker entry into service.

I just hope BAF buys this in numbers and with KJ-200/500.
i guess bangladesh will have to write its own codes and try integrating it with western avionics and sensors? so i've got a question... how does it play out in conflict... for example bd and myanmar is in one... can china refuse acess to its platform to fire at burmese possessions like america does with basically every country in the world? what's the use of buying anything at that point... better to invest all that money in programs like KFX/ TFX for a better return on your investment

What is German?
assault rifle

i guess bangladesh will have to write its own codes and try integrating it with western avionics and sensors? so i've got a question... how does it play out in conflict... for example bd and myanmar is in one... can china refuse acess to its platform to fire at burmese possessions like america does with basically every country in the world? what's the use of buying anything at that point... better to invest all that money in programs like KFX/ TFX for a better return on your investment

assault rifle

I can’t see Bangladesh writing any kind of code or the integration of Western systems on J-10.

As for conflict with Myanmar, I have no idea how that would be handled other than to rely on any Western weapons obtained, non restricted Chinese weapons and diplomacy by China to avert armed conflict between the two nations.

What will be clear is that if Bangladesh does buy the J-10, it’s made it’s choice as seeing India as a more significant threat than Myanmar.

I can’t see Bangladesh writing any kind of code or the integration of Western systems on J-10.

As for conflict with Myanmar, I have no idea how that would be handled other than to rely on any Western weapons obtained, non restricted Chinese weapons and diplomacy by China to avert armed conflict between the two nations.

What will be clear is that if Bangladesh does buy the J-10, it’s made it’s choice as seeing India as a more significant threat than Myanmar.

I don't think we need to think too much about what China will do in case of war with Myanmar.

China has a history of supplying both sides during war- Iraq-Iran war for example. So, even in the distant chance there is a war with Myanmar, China will supply both sides as long as they get paid. So that makes them reliable.

Given the fact that Chinese platform is the only one that is resistant to Dadagiri of India, J 10 is the only logical choice for BAF to form the core of the fighter fleet.

Anything additional like EFT can only be operated on a very small number given our budget. Therefore, they can only be the cherry on top.

I don't think we need to think too much about what China will do in case of war with Myanmar.

China has a history of supplying both sides during war- Iraq-Iran war for example. So, even in the distant chance there is a war with Myanmar, China will supply both sides as long as they get paid. So that makes them reliable.

Given the fact that Chinese platform is the only one that is resistant to Dadagiri of India, J 10 is the only logical choice for BAF to form the core of the fighter fleet.

Anything additional like EFT can only be operated on a very small number given our budget. Therefore, they can only be the cherry on top.

Agree completely at this point.

I wonder what the numbers will be.

Also hope PL-15 and PL-10 are on the table.

Last edited:

Yes, China is business oriented and they’ll side with the one from whom money comes in.

So j-10s has been decided? The thing is though is, that China has strong emotional sentiment towards Myanmar. Iraq and Iran, at the time china didn't care as who ever wins, China has them wrapped by their little finger.

Yes, China is business oriented and they’ll side with the one from whom money comes in.

Yeh, but china is the only one that's keeping myammar afloat. So mymamar will end up buying arms with literally Chinese giving them money given to them.

Last edited:
So j-10s has been decided? The thing is though is, that China has strong emotional sentiment towards Myanmar. Iraq and Iran, at the time china didn't care as who ever wins, China has them wrapped by their little finger.

Yeh, but china is the only one that's keeping myammar afloat. So mymamar will end up buying arms with literally Chinese giving them money given to them.

When it comes to BAF, nothing is confirmed until you see it in person.

China shelters Myanmar for the same reason it wants good relationship with Bangladesh. So that China can keep countries surrounding India loyal to China.

For their own geopolitical gain, they wouldn't want to see either BD or Myanmar fall into Indian camp.

I’m telling you, China will not like a India centric Burma, they’ll end up angering their masters and falling in one way or the other.

I saw a report in a Sanghi magazine this year that accused the Chinese of supporting the Arakan Army with arms and ammunition from Norinco via Bangladesh.

Like everything else, half of it is probably true.

I saw a report in a Sanghi magazine this year that accused the Chinese of supporting the Arakan Army with arms and ammunition from Norinco via Bangladesh.

Like everything else, half of it is probably true.
Arakan arms are american... all AR rifles and whatnot

Back
Top Bottom