What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Taken from the following article regarding the BAF Mig-29 in Belarus possibly being upgraded to Mig-29BM standard.

https://www.defenseworld.net/featur...e_Refurbished_Fighter_Jet_Market#.Xstv2mhKguU

Belarus

The MiG-29BM (possibly Bolyshaya Modernizaciya - large modernization) is an upgrade to the MiG-29 conducted by the ARZ-558 aircraft repair plant in Baranovichi, Belarus.

The MiG-29BM is a strike variant of the MiG-29 pure fighter, the Belarussian counterpart to the Russian MiG-29SMT. This work is being done by the 558th Aviation Repair Plant with participation of Russian Avionics and in interaction with RSK MiG. Details of the upgrade are listed below.

Armament of air-to-air class is supplemented with additional medium-range missiles RVV-AE, R-27ER and R-27ET, precision-guided weapons such as KAB-500Kr and KAB-500L bombs. Overall, MiG-29BM can carry two air-to-surface missiles and two or four corrected bombs.

The radar homing system of modernized fighter MiG-29BM uses a number of new working modes. Modernized radar N019P of this airplane provides for observation of earth and water surface with the detection of single and group, pinpoint and prolonged ground and water-surface radio-contrast targets.

A new navigation system N-911 includes a navigation computer, a receiver of satellite navigation system GLONASS/NAVSTAR, radio technical system of close-range navigation A-323 and navigation and landing system VOR/ILS and DME.

MiG-29BM is complemented with an aerial refueling system. An easily dismantled refueling rod that is not retracted in flight is installed in the nose part of the fuselage on the left side.

Tests of the MiG-29BM (aircraft "9-11") were successfully completed by July 2003, and plant in Baranovichi began the delivery of the first modernized "MiGs" to the Belarus Air Force. A modernised MiG-29BM was on show at the international aviation and space salon MAKS 2005 in Moscow and evoked much interest of representatives of many countries. By mid-2007 several examples of this aircraft, together with a modernized Su-27UBM, were on duty in the Belarusian air force fleet.

upload_2020-5-25_2-16-34.png

It looks like the first batch were sent over to Belarus on 10/19.

So perhaps expecting delivery around 4/21??

Taken from the following article regarding the BAF Mig-29 in Belarus possibly being upgraded to Mig-29BM standard.

https://www.defenseworld.net/featur...e_Refurbished_Fighter_Jet_Market#.Xstv2mhKguU

Belarus

The MiG-29BM (possibly Bolyshaya Modernizaciya - large modernization) is an upgrade to the MiG-29 conducted by the ARZ-558 aircraft repair plant in Baranovichi, Belarus.

The MiG-29BM is a strike variant of the MiG-29 pure fighter, the Belarussian counterpart to the Russian MiG-29SMT. This work is being done by the 558th Aviation Repair Plant with participation of Russian Avionics and in interaction with RSK MiG. Details of the upgrade are listed below.

Armament of air-to-air class is supplemented with additional medium-range missiles RVV-AE, R-27ER and R-27ET, precision-guided weapons such as KAB-500Kr and KAB-500L bombs. Overall, MiG-29BM can carry two air-to-surface missiles and two or four corrected bombs.

The radar homing system of modernized fighter MiG-29BM uses a number of new working modes. Modernized radar N019P of this airplane provides for observation of earth and water surface with the detection of single and group, pinpoint and prolonged ground and water-surface radio-contrast targets.

A new navigation system N-911 includes a navigation computer, a receiver of satellite navigation system GLONASS/NAVSTAR, radio technical system of close-range navigation A-323 and navigation and landing system VOR/ILS and DME.

MiG-29BM is complemented with an aerial refueling system. An easily dismantled refueling rod that is not retracted in flight is installed in the nose part of the fuselage on the left side.

Tests of the MiG-29BM (aircraft "9-11") were successfully completed by July 2003, and plant in Baranovichi began the delivery of the first modernized "MiGs" to the Belarus Air Force. A modernised MiG-29BM was on show at the international aviation and space salon MAKS 2005 in Moscow and evoked much interest of representatives of many countries. By mid-2007 several examples of this aircraft, together with a modernized Su-27UBM, were on duty in the Belarusian air force fleet.

View attachment 635396

It looks like the first batch were sent over to Belarus on 10/19.

So perhaps expecting delivery around 4/21??
They will be delivered back by late 2020.

Yes they can make conventional MRBM if they have the blueprint and ToT from North Korea or China for it.

According to journalist Bertil Lintner, this is the site for producing and researching Ballistic missile.

Coordinates: 21°29'39.2"N 94°21'48.1"E

Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 1.31.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 1.37.36 PM.png

Photo: underground tunnel connecting two facilities.

According to journalist Bertil Lintner, this is the site for producing and researching Ballistic missile.

Coordinates: 21°29'39.2"N 94°21'48.1"E

View attachment 635428 View attachment 635429
Photo: underground tunnel connecting two facilities.
Once I read about Naypidaw in wikipedia. There it was mentioned that there is residence for ministers, army officials, a huge cantonment and some tunnels. But those are restricted for the common people.

upload_2020-5-25_12-11-44.png

upload_2020-5-25_12-12-3.png

upload_2020-5-25_12-12-18.png

Another day, another hoax being floated by Amar Khan's group (This post was by a moderator).

In my personal opinion, BAF will go for EFT and J10c, makes the most sense to me. Rafale was an option but considering India also uses the same platform, I doubt BAF will be keen on getting the Rafale unless EFT is out of reach; Which we know its not.

Now what I'm curious about is whether we are getting second hand airframes or new ones for the EFT.

View attachment 635439
View attachment 635440
View attachment 635441

Another day, another hoax being floated by Amar Khan's group (This post was by a moderator).

In my personal opinion, BAF will go for EFT and J10c, makes the most sense to me. Rafale was an option but considering India also uses the same platform, I doubt BAF will be keen on getting the Rafale unless EFT is out of reach; Which we know its not.

Now what I'm curious about is whether we are getting second hand airframes or new ones for the EFT.
I think the most trusted Bangladeshi defence page is Defence Update Bangladesh. I find their news trustworthy. Others are simply into appeasement.

View attachment 635439
View attachment 635440
View attachment 635441

For me F/16 block 70/72 or Gripen is the best choice for BAF. EFT is expensive and Chengdu J10c is not a MRCA, it's an interceptor.

View attachment 635439
View attachment 635440
View attachment 635441

i got told in dm to know the dintinction between post by defseca and a user (in this case a mod) i talked with the mod, he says his sources are seperate from defseca and he haven't talked with defseca or SAK, i asked him to remove it. unprofessional conduct at best...

No, that guy is clueless. More emotional rants than realism.
Didn't knew that. But he never makes stupid claims like some other defence channels. I even know one Bangladeshi defence channel who claimed that Bangladesh brought scientists from China to make nukes. Lol. At least Defence Update Bangladesh does not make these type of absurd claims. Also most times he provides proof of his claims.

Didn't knew that. But he never makes stupid claims like some other defence channels. I even know one Bangladeshi defence channel who claimed that Bangladesh brought scientists from China to make nukes. Lol. At least Defence Update Bangladesh does not make these type of absurd claims. Also most times he provides proof of his claims.

Making up stuff? He doesn't, not often anyway.

But his analysis of geopolitics is always off point, A dumb nationalist.

Clearly you haven’t watched his channel for long

Back
Top Bottom